NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Archive

Photo taken by Louis Van Oeyen (from "A Portrait of Baseball Photography")

Sold by MastroNet Auctions in 2004

Jantz

Last edited by Jantz; 02-11-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Neat large poster, frame has Sovereign Cigarettes on it.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:15 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantz View Post
Photo taken by Louis Van Oeyen (from "A Portrait of Baseball Photography")

Sold by MastroNet Auctions in 2004

Jantz
Thanks Jantz - that's one I don't have yet on my site.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:03 AM
Tony Ooten

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
Do fake scans count? I kid, I kid. Happy Holidays everyone!

Here is a xmas tree made out of backs.

Chris,

I was just scrolling through this thread.....skimming, not reading, contemplating the psychology involved in the "fued" when I scrolled across your tree and BAM a big smile .......................

LOVE IT and thanks!

a good segue for me......logging off and moving on to Christmas Eve festivities............

Happy Holidays everyone!

Last edited by tonyo; 12-24-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
It's a testament to the quality of the site that people are so anxious to get their names up there. C'mon guys, let's just let the site develop a little bit, add corrections/contributions when they can and just let it brew and steep.

A few weeks ago this site didn't exist. Now everyone is fighting over what should and shouldn't be on there. Nothing on the internet is gospel. I think any person surfing the internet realizes that the work of a website is based on the experiences and information of the authors. THERE IS ALWAYS A POINT OF VIEW.

I disagree with the fact that everyone is a rube, and when presented with misinformation or fact, doesn't know which is right and which is wrong. People make up their own minds and aren't so easily swayed by a website. To assume that everyone takes every morsel from a website to be gospel and not the work of humans is really putting yourself on a much higher plane than everyone else.

This is a general statement but one just meant to say, let's enjoy the hobby, let the authors of this website develop at their own pace and filter and sift the information as they wish. It is theirs to do as they wish.

If you want to start a T206ResourceHaters.com, I'm sure the name is available (for a fee).
+1 Well said.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:56 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWakefield View Post
You're right, it's not evident. For example, you have a Super Prints checklist. That term is Scot Reader's creation; evidently you must have started with your 'clean slate' and then arrived at the same term he coined after he had discovered them. T206 isn't a 'clean slate' term...

I just think that the longer that site goes without acknowledgements then the greater the time for some collector who doesn't know any different to find the site and think you guys created all of that from a clean slate. Even if some of the site organizers have gotten crossways with those folks in times past, they still deserve recognition. And the lack of acknowledgements detracts from the veracity and credibility of the site. Which is a shame, because you guys have put together a pretty good thing, there. I'm impressed with it. And as cantankerous as I am that is not something easily done. You guys aren't as ornery as me... so get to work on some Acknowledgements, posthaste, please Sir.
Hi Frank-

No disrespect, but they fully acknowledged Scot coining the term "super-print" before they even made the site available to the public.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 12-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Frank Wakefield

And then they started with a clean slate and came up with it all on their own for their site.

I know some of the contributors on their About Us page. Not all, some. The way things are at the moment, if I were on there I'd ask that my name be removed until an acknowledgement page is added. Because I know enough of what has happened, that a few folks have been omitted because of feuding, and other folks deservedly should be listed.

What they've put up there is a really good resource. But after looking at the About Us page it is obvious to me what they're doing. Maybe they should shut down the About Us page completely until they put up accurate acknowledgements, too.

As it now is, in looking at the contributors, I know that there are some folks listed who did very little compared to some folks who've been left off. All I did was call them on it. Clean slate...
Old 12-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

Just out of curiosity, should the other site be acknowldged because they had T206 info but seemed to only use it for profit and skamming fellow collectors? Info was there but there is no cry to acknowledge them.

Yes, I am one that got acknowledged for my minor contribution but really don't think that there was/is anyone that had more research or knowledge on the Cycle 460 backs. That was my contribution, I gave it willing and they chose to add my name to the contributor, I was happy to share it the info whether acknowledged or not.

If you look back at other T206 research threads you will find information obtained thru information that was previously known and not acknowledged or if it was it was because they were prodded to as you will see by edits in the threads. Why was there no uproar over this?

The owners put up the site and saw fit who they felt contributed to there site and final product. To me this site is a great place to find consolidated info on the T206 set and I know it will be used frequently by myself.

Lee
Old 12-25-2011, 04:21 PM
Belltown Vintage

Last edited by Runscott; 12-26-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Belltown Vintage

Last edited by Runscott; 12-26-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Tim

Scott - The Flick image was sent to me by a contributor who stated in the email that he had shared the same image with you as well several years ago. The image was not taken from your site and edited. I would never do that without your permission.

Last edited by Abravefan11; 12-25-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Belltown Vintage

Last edited by Runscott; 12-26-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Tim

Scott - I told the person that submitted the image that I didn't want the card included and they edited it and sent it back to me. Whether right or wrong it was presented to me as being an image that they shared with you, and not your image they had taken and sent to me.

If it was their image to share with the both of us than I don't see an issue with us both having a copy on our sites. If it was your image that they sent to me, I will take it down immediately.

Last edited by Abravefan11; 12-25-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Belltown Vintage

Last edited by Runscott; 12-26-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Tim

Scott - I'd be happy to chat with you off the forum via PM, email or a phone call. I'm easy to get int touch with and easy to get a long with.

We did contact you prior to the site going live because we felt like you may want to be a part of what was happening. I'm sorry you feel like the timing wasn't perfect, but we did make the effort to reach out to you, and tell you if you were interested we would love to work with you.

Last edited by Abravefan11; 12-25-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Belltown Vintage

Last edited by Runscott; 12-26-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Tim

Scott- I'm sorry you see the site as being something conceived with such ill intentions. Our goal was to build a place where collectors of the T206 set can go and have as much information as possible available to them about the set for them to enjoy. If collector's want to participate we welcome that. If they prefer to work on their own site, post their information here, or share what they have or know somewhere else, that's great and we wish them all the best. The more information the hobby has available the better for us all.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Belltown Vintage

Last edited by Runscott; 12-26-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:31 AM
Barry Sloate

Scott- why did you delete all your posts?
Old 12-26-2011, 06:40 AM
Trae Regan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abravefan11 View Post
The more information the hobby has available the better for us all.
Amen, Tim.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:27 AM
Frank Wakefield

Runscott didn't delete all of his posts, Tim. 17, 90, 93, and 103 are still there. And I think you know why he did it. Leon will contact him about it, ban him from the site for a while, possibly, so he might not be able to answer your question.

No doubt you guys have been busy during the holidays. Hopefully, you're done just talking about adding a section about the folks "that have advanced the hobbies (sic) knowledge of the T206 set", and you're now ready to actually add a section to your site as you mentioned previously. Please post here once you've done that. That would clue me in to realizing that it is time again for me to visit your fine site. Thanks.

Last edited by FrankWakefield; 12-26-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:09 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Runscott didn't delete all of his posts, Tim. 17, 90, 93, and 103 are still there. And I think you know why he did it. Leon will contact him about it, ban him from the site for a while, possibly, so he might not be able to answer your question.

No doubt you guys have been busy during the holidays. Hopefully, you're done just talking about adding a section about the folks "that have advanced the hobbies (sic) knowledge of the T206 set", and you're now ready to actually add a section to your site as you mentioned previously. Please post here once you've done that. That would clue me in to realizing that it is time again for me to visit your fine site. Thanks.
While I am obviously mindful of the board, as one forum member said some time ago "every situation is different." IF someone deletes 5-6 of their posts out of a thread I think that is their prerogative. If they start deleting all of their posts they have ever posted on the board (and it is a very large amount in lots of threads), then it starts messing the board up in a big way. I am not so good with that. Scott (hi Scott) deleted a handful of his 750+ posts, only in one thread. I don't see that as too much cause for an alarm. From knowing many aspects of this situation I can safely say I am just glad I am not in the middle of the brouhaha. (love that word) Now back to collecting.....
Old 12-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Rawn Hill

Back to collecting..............My New Year's resolution. Thanks Leon.

Rawn
Old 12-26-2011, 09:28 AM
E. Angyal

Default Elmer Flick image on Scott Forrest website

If anyone needs to know where the Elmer Flick image that is on Scott Forrest's website came from, please email me at eangyal@roadrunner.com and i will fill in the missing details. There seems to be some missing credits on that website as well. Thanks,

Eric Angyal
Old 12-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Ed Woelfle

Default Great site!

I'm late to the party here but wanted to send my congratulations and thanks to those who put this site together. I read thru with great interest this morning and loved it! Thank you again for your time and efforts in putting this together!
Old 12-26-2011, 10:40 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:

That would clue me in to visit your site....oh brother give me a break.

Yes guys please please hurry and do what Frank asks so he can visit your site, without Frank being able to visit and be happy with what you have done we are in a holding pattern. After all having Frank Wakefields kudos means everything in this hobby in case you didn't know that.

If you don't do what he says there's a very good chance he continues to cry and moan and kick his feet and hold his breath in cyberspace all by himself.....wait now that I think about it who cares.

Frank stop crying about what others have done or the way they did it and do something yourself already. How about make your own site or sit on your hands already.

John
Old 12-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Clayton

Default Extremely Grateful........

I've already said it but want to say it again- thank you all for putting this wonderful site together. This truly is a work of art, I am blown away.

To have all of this information at your fingertips, all condensed into this site is amazing !!! I appreciate it, and feel the owners and everyone who contributed directly to this project should be commended.

This accomplishment, and gift to all of us collectors, shouldn't be overshadowed by who is or isn't on an "about us" page. It is really disappointing to see anything negative come about in a thread , that in my opinion, is a reason to be celebrating ( at least for those of us who collect T206's ). So, I just wanted to express my gratitude and appreciation- THANK YOU !!!!!!

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 12-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Rawn Hill

Starting to miss the Brucii.

Rawn
Old 12-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Rick Gallway
Banned

This thread needs more... Cowbell Windex!
Old 12-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Frank Wakefield

Golly, John. Did my persistence touch a nerve? Sorry.

The 'resource' site has used the work of others, notwithstanding their clean slate position. The 'resource' folks have slighted a few folks that they've feuded with. It isn't necessary for the 'resource' folks to make peace, but it is only fair and forthright for an acknowledgement to be made. Especially after claiming that it's all their own stuff... In a roundabout way Tim indicated acknowledgements had been discussed, and might be forthcoming. That is what I'm after.

But then, John, maybe I didn't touch a nerve after all. Instead, maybe you just attack my persistence as a way to discredit the message itself. The message is valid, can't assail that, so roll out the whine and crybaby stuff. Well done.

And the Windex reference is a bit offensive and insensitive. We can do better than that.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:04 PM

Default t206 resource

Hey guys....here comes the scales again

please bear with me....and read ....

I just want to start off by saying, the site is great for all and our hobby alike....we all need a joint effort and contribute to the knowledge of t206 and unlock some of the many, many , many mysteries as we all know, which many of you have already...this is obvious to all the professional collectors here....stop any bad information and corruption that tarnish our hobby and turn new collectors "off"....we all make mistakes...lets learn from them..

I am really don't know where to start, but i am thankful and blessed to be able to pick up a few cards in t206, which pretty much is an obsession as some of you know me, this set is all i collect......i am humble to some of our veterans here and would like to thank all of you have contributed to my knowledge of the set...directly and indirectly...

i have made some great friends over the years, and have enjoyed my collecting these beauties like you wouldn't beleive.....i kept to myself for many years and just quietly looked for my cards.....like i said, over the years, and ebay handles actually be able to identify some of the guys you bid against for years , and actually could put a voice or a a face to some of these guys....or i shall say gentleman(it's the jersey in me)

Leon has set up a great forum where we can all get together, and that's net 54 which john drekker(btw-keep up with the writing john, your articles are pure nostalgia)...got me hooked on in 1999 i beleive and i am lurking on this thing constantly.....

The collectors who i consider close my "dudes" that i care more than cardboard about include(and i am leaving out alot)....John Drekker, Jim Rivera, Jantz Mike Healer, Jamie Blundel, Hank Levy, Dan Allread, Mac Wubben, Brian Weisner, Art M. , John M(wonks), Erick Summers, Turner Engle, Dan Mckee, Scott F., Trae R., Chris Browne, Clayton Jessup charlie, honestly i am leaving out so many ......

...i collect, rarely sell, and am not looking to make money off anybody, and i am sure everyone here can verify this, so i am giving as much of a non-bias opinion as truly possible.....although some of my "dudes" are owners/major contributors to the site....

Barry Sloate, Frank Wakefield, Ted Z., Barry Arnold, scot reader and so many more veterans i only chat on the board with deserve so much as they have contributed much beyond measure...

Listen....

Scott Forrest...is one of the , i consider, the man on t206.....he is one of the guys who got me hooked on the freaks many years ago along with Art M.(ask them)....and i passed up several freaks he gave me an opp to buy and i didn't and am still trying to get them!(downey overprint, dorner double stamp) just 2 name two......

I was excited to see scott come back, so SCOTT .......you know you are the man....i feel sadened by what i was reading......scott you have done so much, i'm sure all of this is a huge misunderstanding.....

Tim i don't chat with at all, but Jim is my boy, if he says Tim intentions are there, and what i have read of tim he has been dead on(except my chance sov 460 has fact magenta all over it!!!gotta see it)i support the site 100 %....and i know everyone who deserves credit will be given it.....in some way, because we are part of t206 advancement and the hobby...

the site is still brand new.....i am sure we will all have a page at some point, or showcased collections....the major early and latter works will im sure be well spelled out at some point.......these guys imo are only there for one passion............T206.............i have already as, im sure many, our suggestions....and do not claim to have re-invented the wheel

LET IT BE KNOWN- i want no credit because i have contributed nothing directly to the collective info, i am just a freak

The monster causes many to become greedy.....when large bucks and ego comes into play....sometimes we get hurt and THAT SUX!

VETERANS, NEWBIES, And Haters/lovers....

T206 interest is only gaining momentum every year and i don't see interest dwindling......egos aside.....i know Tim and Jim will always do the right thing, and looks like they have already....lets still be able to debate, but stop and malicous attacks on each other....it's going to be a new year.....let's ALL advance the set/hobby and i'm sure one day we will all be credited for the true dissections of this set...these guys were just excited to get it out there, i can see why....let's all give them a chance to include all that im sure will be added at some point....Scott....we love your freak information/images....they are what got me hooked....i love the first back stamp i bought off you Killian pitching.....so, you know i respect and you are will always be given props....

PHEW

THANKS FOR LISTENING...

Respectfully,

John vanderbeck

Last edited by mrvster; 12-26-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:19 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Frank yawn, you would have to matter to me to touch a nerve. No worries no nerve touched over here. Please keep on chatting love seeing a grown man cry and moan like a little kid who hasn't got his way who knows perhaps the site owners will breakdown and take the much needed guidance and direction of the Great Frank Wakefield.

Once again perhaps you can spend all this energy of yours and make your own site the way you see fit just an idea vs. telling everyone else how to run their site over and over and over.

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 12-26-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Clayton

Great post John V.

It was also great to see Jantz & Mike Healer added to the "about us" page- congrats guys !!!

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 12-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Frank stop crying about what others have done or the way they did it and do something yourself already. How about make your own site or sit on your hands already.

John
John, you are missing the point - we AGREE with you that it is a great site.

Frank has been very clear in making his point, and like me, had to repeat his points in various forms in hopes that you guys would read and understand. You have not.

Frank has done a LOT of things himself, as have many of the rest of us . Those ideas and that research is for the most part now residing on T206Resource.com, and in the future everything T206 will certainly be funneled through that site, for the new owners of everything T206 to do with as they wish. I guess that's good...if you are them. The rest of us will see our contacts begin to dry up, as I already have - T206 origin photos already now go to Tim. That's fine - I'm Joe's Feed Supplies to Tim's Wal-Mart, which is the way things go. I completely understand. As far as the rest of 'their' site information goes - it is FINE to publish the work of others, but only if you acknowledge this. Gazillions of people have successfully pulled off the acknowledgement problem. If you want an example, look at my 'T206 Errors' article and the bylines, or at the acknowledgements on my 'T206 Origins' page. It is simple....if you want to do it. And hey, most of you consider me an a-hole - well, if an a-hole can do it, a saint like Tim can certainly pull it off.

Those of you who have published nothing, created no websites, contributed very little to T206 research (not you, John, but the others who are dropping the 'envy' bomb) - yeah, I get how you have no complaints about the work of others being gathered by these guys. Why would you? Sit back and enjoy.

We will continue to enjoy this hobby, despite the unnecessary drama (some of which I am guilty of contributing to). This will blow over and in a few weeks I will give Jim a call, and probably Art, and see what their thoughts are - pleasant discussions expected, as always. I'm really kind of stunned that they are involved in this project with Tim - they could have certainly done it without him.

And Tim, before you build another straw man for use in dancing around my comments, please note that I won't even do you the courtesy of reading them. You wore me out with your tap shoe routine last night.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:36 PM

Default t206 resource

Clayton....got ur email!!

Guys like you make this a great hobby
Old 12-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvster View Post
Scott Forrest...is one of the , i consider, the man on t206.....he is one of the guys who got me hooked on the freaks many years ago along with Art M.(ask them)....and i passed up several freaks he gave me an opp to buy and i didn't and am still trying to get them!(downey overprint, dorner double stamp) just 2 name two......

I was excited to see scott come back, so SCOTT .......you know you are the man....i feel sadened by what i was reading......scott you have done so much, i'm sure all of this is a huge misunderstanding.....

John vanderbeck
John, I very much appreciate your kind words.

Do not worry about this - you illustrated very nicely just how many passionate T206 collectors are interacting with one another on this board, and how different our collecting habits are. My expertise is very limited compared to Tim, Art, Brian, John, Ted, Jim, yourself, Barry, and almost everyone else you mentioned, but thanks anyway.

When I rejoined the collecting world, I swore I would not get involved in this stuff, but I felt the need to support Frank, as the words he was saying were clear, true, and many people who I have never even heard of were jumping his butt like hyenas on a wounded zebra. This kind of made me sick. If that crap had not been posted here, I would never have said a word about Tim's less-than-admirable information-usurpation habit.

The newbies jumping to suckle on the T206Resource sow was not a surprise, but I seriously hope that those who have been attacking Frank, etc., end up with hind tit.

I am not privvy to the John (Wonka)/Frank feud, but I like both of them and I hope it gets resolved.

No, John - it was not a misunderstanding. This was a well-executed information coup. But you know what? It's just cardboard. Really old, cool cardboard, but no babies are dying.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Frank Wakefield

Nice, John V. Thanks for that, and safe holidays to you.

John M, once you hammer in the point about me being a cry baby, and that you yawn and care not about what I think or say... then let's get to the point about origin of material and acknowledgements. That's the point. What about that? And then, once you explain about how the 'resource' site needn't acknowledge anything, after that, then you can recount the times I've called you names and stuff like you've just done to me. By doing that, how does that make your position reasonable?
Old 12-26-2011, 12:51 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Never called you names Frank just said I care not about your thoughts. I think you sound like a guy with sour grapes here and I disagree with your constant moaning. We get it you think they need to add names you have said that we get it. Why do you need to say this over and over?

John
Old 12-26-2011, 01:22 PM

Default our veterans

Scott and Frank, and safe and happy holidays to you !!.....your welcome......

I agree with Scott, John and Frank hope you guys settle.....John call me

Scott,

you really got me going with that error article you wrote on the errors.....and i can't thank you enough!! most of my error collection you are responsible for giving me inspiration.

You are an intergral part of t206, period. BAR NONE!! your name doesn't even need to be in print to have collectors know the invaluable insight you have given over the years...i am grateful....and hope this all gets settled....i really do...like i said, jim r is my boy and i know he always does the right thing...if i couldn't count on that dude, id quit collecting these

when i saw you posting again, i was really stoked!!btw....i love your avatar! i want that card but, chris loves it aLso, i have really come to like chris browne..so he has first dibs, but can i next??

OUR VETERANS WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN, JUST CREDITED WHERE DUE!!! I'M SURE

Scott,

please continue on your t206 error research if you can...

would be nice to read your website!! we won't forget about the mom and pops, that's what built our great country...

Peace

Johnny V
Old 12-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Dan Bretta

I discovered the image for Roy Ellam's T206 card about 5 years ago.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...=connellsville

I no longer own this postcard and can't recall who I sold it to, but just wanted to let you know that this image is out there.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Rawn Hill

I like the website, they list the Carrigan as a possibility in a CB back and I'm good with that,(still a $100 reward for one to purchase in any condition). Any resources for collectors is great and can only be looked apon as another tool for us to use.

Rawn
Old 12-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Barry Arnold

Default site

Johnny V., I must say, your posts typically bring a most appreciative smile to my face, and it has happened once again. I am grateful for your balancing of the issues and fairness to all those involved. I am also very grateful for the gadfly nature of Frank W., Scott F., and Ted Z. who are advocates for what I also believe is a fair request as I said in my earlier post, viz. a proper accounting of those involved in the history of research. Thank you,gentlemen. You give me much hope in the future of Net 54 vintage scholarship in the new year.
all the best,
Barry
Old 12-26-2011, 03:43 PM

Default T206

Barry,

Kudos, and once again spoken like a true scholar and gentleman.....that's why we need to look to the veterans and their insight, wisdom, and experience with this set.....every day we learn something new, and i always read what you have to say on anything t206.....we are all apart of it,especially you, and you bring a smile to my face when i can read that!! i'm a libra, and happen to love all you guys....

Jim and Tim will do the right thing i'm sure...like i said, i can speak for jim and i'm sure tim is a class act also!!

Peace
Old 12-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Johnny V, you rock!
Old 12-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Barry Arnold

Default Johnny V

You are most kind!!
Many,many thanks.
and Happy New Year to You!!
and ,of course, PEACE

best,
barry
Old 12-26-2011, 04:16 PM

Default T206 masters...

Chris and Barry...

I put you two on my t206 "master" collectors.....

Both of you rock.

Peace my bros
Old 12-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

649 proofs, seems like a larger percentage of those shown/known are from this subset.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Rob G.

A question about t206resource.com. I see how to see all players possible for a specific back, but is it possible to select a player (Chase pink, for example) and see on one page which backs are confirmed? Perhaps it was mentioned or right in front of my face but I can't seem to find it on the site. If its not available, no problem just wondering. Thanks!
Rob
Old 12-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
A question about t206resource.com. I see how to see all players possible for a specific back, but is it possible to select a player (Chase pink, for example) and see on one page which backs are confirmed? Perhaps it was mentioned or right in front of my face but I can't seem to find it on the site. If its not available, no problem just wondering. Thanks!
Rob
As someone who would not try and put a set together, but would really like to collect all the back variations for one player this would be exactly what I am looking for as well. Great question Rob!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:53 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I think that would be interesting to see also. For example, if I wanted to see all possible backs for Red Cobb, and also all possible backs for all four variations of Cobbs (probably more difficult).

One other thing I noticed was that for the Sweet Cap 150 No 649, the HOFers aren't marked.