NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

My avatar is my profession.

My user name is a combination of the 1st 3 letters of my first name, middle initial, and 1st 3 letters of my last name. Been using it periodically since I was 14.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:59 PM

Default 1936 Wheaties Earl Averill

My first prewar card
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1936 Wheaties Series 3 Earl Averill.jpg (32.6 KB, 203 views)
Old 08-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Bruce C@rter

I guess I will have to claim the green light like Barry for my avatar.
My username has been with me since the first day I walked into the dorm of collage. I wasn't really a cowboy but I looked like one that first day. Someone called me "Tex" and it stuck. At least 90% of my friends in school never even knew my real name. As the years went by I keep adding X's for each decade that I lived but had to stop since it was getting to long.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:19 PM
{K.e.v.i.n_C.u.m.m.i.n.g.s}

Similar to other people who have already responded, I didn't put a lot of creative energy into my Net 54 name. It is my AOL email name. When I first signed up with AOL everyone in my family had their own email address and mine was simply the first letters of each of the given names:

Kevin
Kara
Kyle
Kelly
and
Paula

My avatar is the mascot (purple cow) for my college (Williams). As weird as a purple cow might seem, it never makes the lists of the weirdest college mascots.

http://www.campusexplorer.com/Top-10...llege-Mascots/
Old 08-24-2014, 08:43 PM
Barry Arnold

Default bruce c (texxxx)

You go ahead and take the green one and i'll take the blue one.
all the best,
barry
Old 08-24-2014, 08:47 PM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf441 View Post
Thanks for posting Ed. I could never figure out what your avatar was, other than it looked creepy, like something from Terminator!!
When you think about how he kept playing after that injury, you gotta think he WAS a terminator!

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 08-24-2014, 10:01 PM

Default Neat Thread

Interesting to read about everyone's avatar choices and how they have come to display them. Mine just comes from one of my E98s, Frank Chance.
It is one of my favorites from my E98 Master Set and the reds are my favorite background color.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:31 AM
Mark Medlin

My avatar is from a particularly bad tax day a few years ago. I stopped working on the taxes, ruffled my hair and glasses for a quick picture and a few minutes of comic relief. My username is my initials and state abbreviation.

Mark
Old 08-25-2014, 06:12 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

User name is my email address that i picked when i was a kid, oddly i still use it sometimes and easy to remember. Avatar is a castle image i used in the past for fantasy teams of course named evilkings. Easy to remember i guess.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:44 AM
Bry@n

It is very bad to steal my rum.....it is very bad.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:59 AM

Default Yodelling like a Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
I am having a hard time saying that without doing so in Yoda voice!
Good point Rhett...you are wise in the way of user names. Perhaps I should add a "mmmmm" to the beginning of it.

Brian
Old 08-25-2014, 08:05 AM
Dave.Horn.ish

Mine came about due to my interests in Topps, animation and the ABA. When I coined the Toppcat member name I wanted an avatar that made some sense. As a kid (and now even) I always thought the Carolina Cougars logo was the coolest thing ever so it being a cat really tied it in with the rest of my interests and made it a perfect fit. I scanned it from an old Topps Basketball insert sticker. I've thought about trying to fit the old curved Topps logo on the ball but haven't mucked around with it lately.

Last edited by toppcat; 08-25-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:55 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

When I started on ebay I was a minor and my dad set it up under his name for me when we decided on the name n2cardz since the only reason I had it was so I could buy and sell my cards (cardz) Then as my dad got more into selling he took over the id stating it was in his name anyways and that I should come up with my own. He suggested I just add the b to stand for "boy" and if people questioned my low feedback I could point them to the n2cardz id. So I did.

The avatar is just the back of a m116 type 1 that I edited to have my username. Because I thought it would be fun to have it say "When you think of baseball, think of bn2cardz".
Old 10-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Aaron Rothschild

Default I know it's an old thread...

I know it's an old thread but I just changed my avatar so I thought I would share.

My avatar is now a photo of me and Doc Gooden (I'm obviously wearing the tigers gear and he is in his uniform) talking during BP on the diamond at Citifield from earlier this year.

It is interesting because as this photo was taken both Doc and I had just agreed that the Tigers would win the World Series due to their strong starting rotation... Looks like we got that wrong!

Oh yeah, and probably of more interest to everyone on this board, Doc is big Walter Johnson fan!