NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Pre-WWII cards (E, D, M, W, etc..) B/S/T

Old 02-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Rob Steinmetz

Default Harry Steinfeldt (Cubs Only) Wanted

Seeking Harry Steinfeldt issues from his years with the Cubs. I'm not a card collector, just looking for pieces to display with his 1909 road Cubs jersey. Prefer items that are not encapsulated/graded. Condition not really an issue. If you have anything, drop me a note with some photos and price. I will respond to ALL emails.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best,

Rob
authenticgamers@aol.com
Old 02-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Mark

Rob - I'd love to see a photo of that jersey if you can post it.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:10 AM
Rob Steinmetz

Would really love to find photos or cards for my display, especially if they show him in this style jersey (1909). Jersey is NOT for sale.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Jeff

What an AMAZING jersey!!!!

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 02-13-2010, 11:52 AM
pete ullman

awesome jersey...if my memory serves me...doesn't his t206 depict him in a similar jersey?

pete in mn
Old 02-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Rob Steinmetz

Yes, I actually found a high resolution scan of the card online, and blew it up to approximately 12x20 to display next to the jersey. I don't have an original copy of the card, and would be interested in one. Also interested in other cool Steinfeldt issues, especially from his years with the Cubs.

Thanks for the kind words.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:06 PM
pete ullman

check ebay...there's 1 there for $35 right now? Otherwise I'm sure a board member can hook you up...it's a relatively easy card to find. I think some caramel issues may depict a similar jersey as well.

Last edited by ullmandds; 02-13-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:10 PM

Never crossed my mind that somebody might have an actual jersey that was depicted in the T206 set. Definitely one of the coolest items I have seen in a while.

Last edited by sreader3; 02-13-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:18 AM
David McDonald

That is one very neat jersey. I think this BST post should get carried over to the memorabilia side so that more eyes can see it and some of the heavy hitters can weigh in. After looking at all the Steinfeldt cards that have photos at vcp.com and other limited resources at my disposal such as the LOC on-line it looks like his T206 "With Bat" is your best bet for a card match to your jersey. I got these 1910 Spalding Guide pages from the LOC and, although they do depict the 1909 road uniforms complete with pinstriping, unfortunately Steinfeldt's image is such that the logo etc is turned away from Conlon's camera. You can, however, see the dark (is it black or navy blue?) sleeve piping which seems to be indicative of the road jersey.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:33 AM
John

Yes, this should moved to the Memorabilia Forum. Meanwhile, Rob, hope you'll share with us how you found this amazing item.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Rob Steinmetz

I was approached with this jersey on the final day of the Cubs Convention this year. One Chicago area family owned the jersey for nearly 100 years (until last week). Apparently one of their relatives had a try out with the team, and it was issued to him at that time. It must have been well taken care of, as it's in remarkable condition and completely original. Needless to say, my jaw hit the ground when the guy pulled this jersey out of his briefcase at the Convention. Never thought I'd "find" anything like this in my lifetime. Definitely my earliest piece of game used equipment, and the new centerpiece of my Cubs collection.