NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Default Calling I_Buy_Fake_Cards

Posted By: David Smith

Hello,

This is a shout out to the Super Hero of the Vintage card collecting world. Check out this eBay auction for a Ty Cobb with American Beauty back.

Item number: 200087893052

Thank you,

David

Old 03-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

I agree....we need I Buy Fake Cards to end another cheesey auction. I sent the seller a question asking him whose estate he found this card at. I also asked him if he found it buried in a car rim ,inside a pack of American Beauty cigarettes, on the property of where the grandfather of whoevers estate it was he found the card at....LOL.
Ebay gives me a laugh just about everyday now !!

Old 03-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Why doesn't everyone create an ebay moniker of "IbuyfakecardsXXX". The XXX can be a registered list of N54 VBC memebers. We'd be anonymous heroes to the rest of the collecting world that doesn't know about N54 VBC. Heck, TBOB could be "Ibuyfakecards013" and if we see his moniker we'll know that Tbob gets a "IbuyfakecardsXXX" save. We could tally it up and keep score...

Ok, let me get back to my binge drinking... maybe I shouldn't because it results in these kinds of stupid ideas and posts...

Old 03-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Well Fred I think that doesn't sound half bad. As long as I get to be IBuyFakeCards059, right? Hee.

Just to ask, if anyone knows, do you just register as usual through ebay and then refuse to pay if you win an auction? What happens if you do this on several? Can ebay somehow get to a person's normal, good account and mess that up if, under a different id, the same person is bidding on fake card auctions without intending to pay?

Joann

Old 03-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

It looks like youareascamartist is on the ball and bidding on this truly unique and "must have"estate sale find.

chalk me up for Ibuyfakecards13

Old 03-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

Whoever registers an account with "Ibuyfakecards" should do a quick about me page and explain why account was created.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve f

>Just to ask, if anyone knows, do you just register as usual through ebay and then refuse to pay if you win an auction? What happens if you do this on several? Can ebay somehow get to a person's normal, good account and mess that up if, under a different id, the same person is bidding on fake card auctions without intending to pay?<

Joann, Bear in mind, The new 'Alias Bidder' format, has seriously cramped anticounterfeit measures such as this technique.

Just simply register another ID. I do not use my name or residence, I use Jim Crandall -KIDDING!

Reckon there's some risk, but it's been my experience that the scammer doesn't want to attract attention and most won't push the non-payment issue beyond filing a NPB. -which have been reversed quickly by ebaY in all cases. The eBay terms of service is quite clear when listing ungraded material and these creeps no darn well they're on thin ice from the start.

*Surprisingly, Ebay nor Paypal hasn't hassled my whistleblower account(s).

I've been burned several times on high value cards -admittedly, cuz of my own stupidity. So I especially enjoy watching these sellers panic as they strategize on how to get payment. It's fun to see 'em squirm too. Of course I drag it out to the max time limit, as the benefit far outweigh the risk.

I will only fake-bid on items I am 110% certain on and the seller has malicious intent. I will notify an ignorant newbee before bidding -realizing noone's perfect.

Now I' ve noticed several others doing this now and it appears to have a positive effect. I see less scams. Now, if there was a way to zing that Barry Sanders rookie seller...