NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-24-2012, 05:43 AM
Ralph Pr3y€r

Default T210 Kelly Mascot

This is seems crazy high to me, or is this what they are up to value wise? If so I'm really going to be kicking myself, seeing how I have passed on two in the last few years, going in the 400-800 range. Any thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/19010-T210-7...item20ccb5248a
Old 10-24-2012, 05:53 AM
pete ullman

I'd say that asking price is pretty optimistic for that card in that condition.

Comparable to the zeenut halla...the obak ten million...the oj whitney w/dog in it's popularity...in my opinion...a tough card...as many t210's are...but kind of a manufactured inflated value to it's uniqueness/desirability?!

Just my 2c!

Last edited by ullmandds; 10-24-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:04 AM
R Dixon

Default Hi Ralph

That's a cool card, but that's way too high of an asking price. In fact, someone's ebay BIN asking price is probably the worst way to gauge a card's actual value. Unless you're selling the same card of course....
Old 10-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

I had one of these for a few years and then parted ways with it a bit over a year ago. Seems that the negotiating that took place between me and a few others had my card, which was ungraded in gd/vg shape, to be around $1500 or so. That, give or take, was right about where people seemed comfortable with it being valued.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Jason Wells

Mine is in a little better condition than the one on EBay and i have been watching this example closely.The price on the Bay is high but I imagine he is trying to illicit a off site deal and has wiggle room.It is an amazing card I wish him luck and I'm very interested to know the selling price.I feel luckey to have found mine when I did.T210's seem to be catching fire lately.CaramelCard had some great closing prices the other night for his batch of singles.I was only able to win one.I wanted that Benny!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (77.8 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by Jason; 10-24-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Brian Horne

So early in the 1900's Dad or Grandpa buys a new pack and gives you the card, what is your response when they hand you the mascot? I can't imagine it is the same response that we have today when we see one. I wonder what the thought process was to add a kid to the set when so many true players were left out.