NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-18-2017, 02:25 PM
Ne@l K

Default Heritage Auctions "make an offer" option

Has anyone had success with this feature?
Thanks

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 08-18-2017, 02:52 PM

I have had two offers on cards through this feature. One, I ultimately accepted. The other I rejected.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:06 PM
$cott Cl1nt0n

I've made offers on three separate items. Never got a response on any.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:12 PM

4 offers, no response.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:13 PM
Paul

1 offer, no response. I think one of the problems with this is that Heritage does not confirm that the initial buyer even has the items anymore.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 08-18-2017, 03:15 PM
Jeff Lazarus

I've probably made 25 offers and actually bought 1 item.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:16 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
1 offer, no response. I think one of the problems with this is that Heritage does not confirm that the initial buyer even has the items anymore.
This.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
I have had two offers on cards through this feature. One, I ultimately accepted. The other I rejected.
Does Heritage tack on 20%?
Old 08-18-2017, 03:39 PM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
Does Heritage tack on 20%?
I'm sure that they must add something on, but I don't know how much.

I've received an offer on my Plank through Heritage. It wasn't remotely close to what I would ask for it (it isn't for sale anyway).
Old 08-18-2017, 03:42 PM

Heritage takes 10%.

ETA: Heritage once reached out to me to confirm I still owned the card. I told them that I did, but wasn't interested in moving it. My sense is that the client probably requested them to ask if I still owned the card - but just a guess.

With the card I did sell, I received a couple offers that went without response before I realized it was something other than a SPAM email.

Last edited by Cat; 08-18-2017 at 03:47 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-18-2017, 03:49 PM
K3v1n Stru55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I've received an offer on my Plank through Heritage. It wasn't remotely close to what I would ask for it (it isn't for sale anyway).
You can turn on and off the "Make an Offer" option on the items that you own. I also believe that you can set a minimum price that someone can offer you.

I have made 5 or so offers and was actually able to make 2 nice purchases. Heritage does not charge the buyer anything - only the seller.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:11 PM
Justin

Just go to "My Collection" and you can set all the options:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ha.jpg (68.1 KB, 246 views)

My collection: https://www.instagram.com/collectingbrooklyn/
Old 08-18-2017, 04:37 PM
Ne@l K

Thanks for the responses. I made an offer once, and never heard a peep. Not even that the 72 hours was over ....

Hoping this time it gets accepted or countered

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 08-18-2017, 04:40 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I've received very strong offers on 6 - 7 items over the years. I've only actually sold two, but that's just because I wasn't yet ready to sell the others.

It's a pretty "turn key" process that takes about 3 weeks to complete. You can also make counter-offers, similar to eBay's Best Offer feature. It's much faster compensation than consigning.... and you know exactly how much money you're going to realize. I think it's a nice feature for both the current owner and the prospective buyer.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
Heritage takes 10%.

ETA: Heritage once reached out to me to confirm I still owned the card. I told them that I did, but wasn't interested in moving it. My sense is that the client probably requested them to ask if I still owned the card - but just a guess.

With the card I did sell, I received a couple offers that went without response before I realized it was something other than a SPAM email.
Thank you for the information.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:52 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I've received very strong offers on 6 - 7 items over the years. I've only actually sold two, but that's just because I wasn't yet ready to sell the others.

It's a pretty "turn key" process that takes about 3 weeks to complete. You can also make counter-offers, similar to eBay's Best Offer feature. It's much faster compensation than consigning.... and you know exactly how much money you're going to realize. I think it's a nice feature for both the current owner and the prospective buyer.
I wish other auction houses would offer it. There is a ton of items I'd love to make an offer on.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:48 PM
Jay Cee

I've bought an item or two off their make an offer program. I've also recieved many offers which I respond quickly to be polite. Just think if REA had that function with their data base!!!! Hint hint hint.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:45 AM
Brian Dwyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
I've bought an item or two off their make an offer program. I've also recieved many offers which I respond quickly to be polite. Just think if REA had that function with their data base!!!! Hint hint hint.

I think it's a great feature that Heritage has on their site. While we don't have it in that format, we've been researching what it would take to outfit every past auction listing (over 25,000) with such a feature. In the meantime, we get a bunch of emails every month with people looking to buy past items. I follow up on them manually, which can be better because I'm able to speak to the past buyer, determine if he has the item, present an offer, and sometimes get valuable insight into what he'd like to net. It's not automated like HA, but the responses are more frequent since we're reaching out directly. We've been able to find some neat pieces new homes. If anyone ever wants to make an offer, just send me a link to the auction along with what you're looking to pay and I'll do the rest.

Brian
Old 08-19-2017, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacktrack View Post
I think it's a great feature that Heritage has on their site. While we don't have it in that format, we've been researching what it would take to outfit every past auction listing (over 25,000) with such a feature. In the meantime, we get a bunch of emails every month with people looking to buy past items. I follow up on them manually, which can be better because I'm able to speak to the past buyer, determine if he has the item, present an offer, and sometimes get valuable insight into what he'd like to net. It's not automated like HA, but the responses are more frequent since we're reaching out directly. We've been able to find some neat pieces new homes. If anyone ever wants to make an offer, just send me a link to the auction along with what you're looking to pay and I'll do the rest.

Brian
I think your spare time is about to go to zero, good sir.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:28 AM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacktrack View Post

Brian
good stuff