NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-16-2017, 02:28 PM
David McDonald

So many ways to approach T212s. Some guys collect all the years. There are probably even manly men who have gone for broke and put together master sets. Myself I concentrated on the 1910 and '11 Vancouver and Victoria players because I live in BC. Link Also put together a 1909 subset of the ten horizontal cards. A T4 makes for a nice companion piece. Plus I'll pick up the odd one just because I like how it looks. Obaks are great. Have fun!

Old 04-16-2017, 02:52 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Nice cards David. Only a 5.5 on yourself? Must be a wrinkle or crease somewhere!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
So many ways to approach T212s. Some guys collect all the years. There are probably even manly men who have gone for broke and put together master sets. Myself I concentrated on the 1910 and '11 Vancouver and Victoria players because I live in BC. Link Also put together a 1909 subset of the ten horizontal cards. A T4 makes for a nice companion piece. Plus I'll pick up the odd one just because I like how it looks. Obaks are great. Have fun!

Old 04-16-2017, 03:32 PM
David McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Must be a wrinkle or crease somewhere!!
Got plenty I'm afraid. Been around a long time. Been folded, spindled, mutilated and run through the bicycle spokes for good measure. Every day above ground is a good day.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:24 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Haha. Love the custom card, David. Hoping to see you at the WSCCA show in June.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:12 PM
David McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Hoping to see you at the WSCCA show in June.
Conor: It's a great little card show, like going to a ball game with the wood stands and chicken wire backstop. None of that super-amped National extravaganza crap. Unfortunately have a conflict and need to take a miss this summer.
Robert the OP: If you live on or ever get near the west coast there are several PCL-centric card shows in the Bay Area and the WSCCA shows in Seattle. Lots of great cards and any number of walking Obak/Zeenuts encyclopedias. You'd dig it.

Last edited by Kawika; 04-16-2017 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:06 PM
David Kathman

I've scanned most of the Obak articles listed on the Old Cardboard site, as shown by Kawika in post 5 of this thread. The exceptions are the two OC eNews articles, which are about the T4 Obak premiums (very tough to find) and are online already; the 2005 Old Cardboard item, which is just a bio of Mark Obermeyer that mentions that he has a complete set of T212s; and the last article by Obermeyer in the March 2001 VCBC, because it turns out I don't have that issue of VCBC. I'll included the first three articles in this comment, and the last three in the next comment below. So, in chronological order:

Here is Lloyd Toerpe's article from the May 1973 Sports Scoop:

Lew Lipset's item from the April 1987 The Old Judge, about a T212 album that had been discovered:

And Mark Macrae's article from the September 1995 Vintage & Classic Baseball Collector (#4):

Old 04-17-2017, 09:13 PM
David Kathman

Here is Jeff Obermeyer's article from the September/October VCBC (#12) about the players in T212:

Obermeyer's article from the February 2000 VCBC (#22) about the back slogans on the 1910 Obaks:

And Obermeyer's update on the 1910 backs from the January 2001 VCBC (#24):