NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Baseball Memorabilia B/S/T

Old 01-26-2024, 03:55 PM
Kitsula

Default Cuban and other memorabilia for fundraiser

I first visited Cuba in 1997 and have made more than 40 trips to the island since then. On my second visit, I met Conrado "Connie" Marrero, who became a close friend until his death at 102 in 2014. Over the years, I and friends who have joined me on my baseball tours of Cuba have made a commitment to help Cuban friends, including the Marrero family and Luis Zayas, 87, and the last surviving member of the Havana Sugar Kings in Cuba. The following items are for sale with all proceeds for the Marrero family and Zayas. I will consider all offers, including those over the asking price in light of the good cause.

1. Complete run of Cuban Winter League yearbooks (1949-1953). These are all complete and in good condition. One has a loose page. The yearbook-size publications feature photos of many Negro League and major leaguers who played in Cuba during these year, including Ray Dandridge, Alejandro Crespo, Silvio Garcia, Sandy Amors, Hoyt Wilhelm,Minnie Minoso Connie Marrero, Dick Williams, Don Zimmer and more. I have found only two 1949 copies in my many trips to Cuba.. $500

2. 1948 Quien es Quien (Who's Who) en el Baseball en Cuba. This is the first (and only) edition of the Who's Who Cuban edition. The statistics compiled for each player are from the Cuban League, Mexican League, Major and Minor leagues and for the Cuban Giants of the Negro League. Many stars, including Minnie Minoso, Ray Dandridge, Quincy Trouppe, Martin Dihigo, Luis Tiant Sr., Ramon Bragana and more There is also a section with statistics for veteran players, including Torriente, Oms, Mendez and more. Book is complete with the usual wear found in Cuban paper items of this vintage. $125

3. Connie Marrero's 1954 Senators contract. This was for Marrero's last year in the major leagues and was given to me by Marrero's grandson, Rogelio. It is a duplicate copy and signed only by Clark Griffith and not Marrero. $250)

4. Autograph books from 1948-49 for the Cienfuegos and Marianao teams of the Cuban Winter League. These are tougher to get than the other two (Havana and Almendares). Both are complete, but the Marianao album has a loose cove and is in only fair condition. Each player has a single page write up and those found include Ray Dandridge, Quincy Trouppe, Claro Duany, Alejandro Crespo and Silvio Garcia. $125

5. 1951-52 Polar Beer record booklet. This small booklet contains the schedule, some statistics from the 1950-51 CWL season and write-ups with photos of some of the notables, including Marreo Luqui, Minoso, Marrero, Mike Gonzales and Billy Herman. Fair condition with tape on spine. $60

6. 1954-55 Polar Beer booklet: This one is in excellent condition and includes a records section, schedule and write-ups on stars (Torriente, Mendez, Marrero, Garia, Dihigo and more. $75.

7. 1963-65 Cuban BB Guide: This is the second guide issued for the Cuban National Series, which was established in 1961 after professional baseball left Cuba. The first guide is very rare and covers the first two Natioal Series. This covers the 1963-64 and 1954-65 seasons and provides complete career stats for every player who played in the league through its first four seasons. Complete but cover in only fair condition with tape on spine. Very tough book.

8 George Brace photo signed by HOFer Ted Lyons and personalized to Ossie Bleuge, former Senators third baseman and manager. Inscribed "To the greatest third baseman of my of my time, "Abner Doubleday" Bleuge. Sincerely, Ted Lyons. $60

9 Daffy Dean autographed postcard. (Paul "Daffy" Dean) ex $40

10. 1938 Newark Bears program vs Syracuse. Unscored but with 1938 written in pencil on front. vg-ex $30

11. Original Gene Mack cartoon depicting Jimmy Kane, quarterback for Boston University, related to an upcoming game against Fordam. Dating from the early 1950s, it includes a part depicting Harry Agganis, former Red Sox first baseman and Boston U. star, who died at 26 after playing parts of only two seasons with Boston. It depicts Agganis throwing a pss and reads "Harry Agganis will pitch against his old buddies". Mack was the sports page cartoonist for the Boston Globe from 1935 into the 1950s and it best know for his drawings of baseball stadiums published in three editions in the late 40s and early 1950s $75

All prices are post-pad. Again, I welcome offers as the purpose is to raise some money.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1949 Campeonato.jpg (133.2 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg 1951-52 Campeonato.jpg (182.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 1950 Campeonato.jpg (191.9 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 1952-53 Campeonato.jpg (125.3 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 1053-54 Campeonato.jpg (193.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Quien es Quien.jpg (123.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg contract 1.jpg (177.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Contract 3.jpg (137.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 1949 Cienfuegos auto booklet.jpg (149.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 1949 Cienfuegos page 2.jpg (149.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 1949 Marianao booklet.jpg (152.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 1949 Marianao page 2.jpg (150.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 1951-52 Polar beer.jpg (153.3 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Daffy Dean auto pc.jpg (76.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Gene Mack cartoon.jpg (163.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 1938 Newark scorecard.jpg (86.9 KB, 45 views)

Tags
cartoon, cuba, ted lyons, yearbooks