NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks for all of your comments, guys - I really appreciate the honest feedback.

timzcardz, it's funny you should mention that...um...just kidding. But really, I'm a bit upset that I never got to do this kind of stuff when Barry was still around and active. It really would have been wonderful to meet him if I ever had the chance.

Also, thanks for the comments on the Collins painting. His eyes seem to be pretty consistent with the photograph, I think. But, it's definitely possible that I could have been a little off. I'm really still debating, so I'll have to give it another look or six.

Mark, you da man. Thank you. And from what Dean tells me, your painting should be going out quite soon.

jacksons, thanks for the kind words again, especially regarding the Mantle. I blame Dean. Let's leave it at that.

Regarding the eye colors, it's all done with research, mostly through books and magazines. Sometimes, though ti can be tough, I have to guess based on the approximate value of the person's iris compared to the retina. Even that can't be exact though.

The feeling with Collins that I was trying to go for was just what you mentioned - having a focal point in his eyes. The light I was trying to achieve was to be reflected from outside of the dugout for the most part. In other words, in the dark dugout, I wanted Collins' head to peer out and seem to glow. And in such a case, it seemed that his blue eyes would appear almost crystalline. You may notice that on a bright day with cloud cover, the pigment in a person's eyes will be really chromatic, sometimes even more so than with direct light from the sun. I guess that was really the effect I was trying for.

Graig
Old 01-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Tony Quinn

Default Wow!

Hi, never posted but always admired. Greg, you are the best and most talented sports artist I have ever seen. That Berg is amazing, like he is actually sitting there, and the Mantle is just as incredible. I really think you captured the intensity of a young baseball hero in the making. The other 2 are nice but the Berg and Mantle really seem to come to life in my opinion. I don't come to this side often but when I do I always search out the posts of your artwork. You are truly a gifted artist. When I win the lottery, you'll be the first to know it!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Jeff

Graig,

I think that the Collins is fabulous. That along with the Baker are my faves of all of your incredible work, an A's bias not doubt showing through. Because after all how could you pick really?

Keep up the good work.

Jeff

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 01-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks a bunch, Jeff. I certainly never mind an A's bias!

And from one Operation: Mindcrime fan to another, thank you so much for your kind words, Tony. I'm honored that you think so highly of the work, I really am.

I seem to have had a nice reception to the Berg piece, though my agent wasn't a fan of it at all when I dropped it off with him today. I guess it goes to show that you can't please everybody!!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:50 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I reeeeeally like the Berg as well. Probably my favorite of those most recent four. Tons of depth to that one, although they are ALL just magnificent
Old 01-20-2011, 06:06 AM
T!M R10rd@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post

Also, thanks for the comments on the Collins painting. His eyes seem to be pretty consistent with the photograph, I think. But, it's definitely possible that I could have been a little off. I'm really still debating, so I'll have to give it another look or six.
I see that I wasn't the onl yone to comment on the eyes, but . . .

there are a lot of variables involved.

Maybe the camera didn't capture them precisely, maybe resizing the image for web posting affected them, maybe they show up differently on differnt monitors, etc., etc.

Obviously what is important is the actual painting in front of you, so you are the best judge, and based on your work, you sure have a good eye for these things.

Once again, GREAT stuff and thanks for sharing them.

P.S. If you mentioned it I missed it, but what size are those four paintings?
Old 01-20-2011, 09:32 AM
Graig Kreindler

timzcardz, you may indeed be right, but I should still give it another good look. I definitely don't want Collins to seem cross-eyed or anything. Well, unless he is, of course.

Anywho, the Berg painting is 11"x14", while all of the others are 9"x12".
Old 01-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Graig Kreindler

Hey guys,

I forgot to post this recent one, too...

Hope y'all dig it!

Also, if any of you are on twitter and want to follow me, check it out:

http://www.twitter.com/GraigKreindler

Thanks all!

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 01-22-2011 at 11:56 AM.