NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-08-2018, 08:29 PM

I think most of the cards Topps produced in the '80s were not bad looking. My favorites are '80, '82, '87, and '88. Then things went downhill quickly in '90.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:30 PM
T0dd M@rcum

Personally, I really love the 1983s.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ozzie_smith83.jpg (62.4 KB, 615 views)
Old 10-08-2018, 08:45 PM

I like the 1980-1983 designs. Not a huge fan of the years after that. One of the reasons I like the Topps Archives series is to see current players on revived old designs that I hadn't thought about in a while. They've done a nice job with these.

1983 Trout.jpg

1982 Bogaerts.jpg

Successful transactions with Luke, frankbmd, Dougscats, Baseball*Collectibles, Thromdog, Lug-nut, Ronnie73, cammb
Old 10-08-2018, 08:56 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

I like everything from the 80's because that's what I could afford as a kid and they are even more affordable as an adult.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:01 PM

1983 Topps Traded Darryl Strawberry was one of the nicest cards ever made IMO
Old 10-08-2018, 09:07 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Not much there I like, but

I think my favorite would have to be the 1981 Fleer Star Stickers! 84 Donruss kinda cool too and the 87 and 89 Fleer Glossy sets.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:59 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Default I collect baseball cards

I mean I donít care what year itís from or who made it. If I like the card I will add to my collection.

I like all Tiffany and fleer glossy sets.

80s Football it awesome!

Great rookies cards in both sports and thatís what I like so . 80s love ? Yes
Old 10-08-2018, 10:13 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
This thread was left here to get more input from all members. Generally speaking it would go in the appropriate era section. But it's a good question for everyone. For me, I am not really an 80s collector.
Is there a discussion forum for non-vintage cards here? The only thing I saw for '80s cards is a buy-sell-trade forum. Wouldn't mind seeing a proper discussion forum here because this is an intelligent site.

BABA BOOEY HOWARD STERN BABA BOOEY HOWARD STERN BABA BOOEY HOWARD STERN BABA BOOEY BABA BOOEY BABA BOOEY BABA BOOEY

Except for that part, sorry...
Old 10-08-2018, 10:16 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Falvo View Post
One of the reasons I like the Topps Archives series is to see current players on revived old designs that I hadn't thought about in a while.
I like the Topps Heritage sets (I think that's what you're referring to) for the same reason. It gives me a chance to "collect" the old designs without paying collector's prices for vintage cards of players I may not know.

I just with they had waited a year to start the series, so that the designs they used would be from 50 years earlier, instead of 49.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:32 PM

1987 Topps. I was 12 that year and it was the first set I ever tried to build by hand. Got about half way there, but had just as many doubles. Gave up but then got the boxed set for Christmas. And that Bo Jackson Future Stars card....love it.

Someday Iíll buy an unopened box on eBay (30 bucks?) just to see if I can pull another Bo. Good memories of that set. Love the wood grain.

Of course, then Iíll have to figure out what to do with all those commons. Would it be frowned upon if I admit that Iíve been slowly chucking my 80ís and 90ís junk wax common cards into the recycle bin as the years go by?