NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Default Weds. night at the National

Posted By: John S

Having never attended a "sneak peak" I am writing to ask whether is worth the price of admission (or should I just wait until Thursday). I live approximately 30 minutes from the show so I won't be sitting in a hotel room watching TV rather than at the show.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob Dewolf

John,

Given that you live only a half-hour away, I'd say it's worth going, if for no other reason than if you don't go, you might end up wondering all evening what you're missing by not being there. That's one reason I decided to make the 2-hour trip from Columbus on Wednesday, come home, then return Thursday morning. But maybe it's just me.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

I'm not going Wed night to the show. But, I won't be watching TV in the hotel room, either. I'm going to a concert that night.

Alan

Old 07-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter chao

It's a good idea to go. Try to figure out which tables have the stuff you are collecting. The morning of the first day may be quite crowded, you don't want to accidently miss out on any cards because somebody else got to the table first.

Peter

Old 07-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

A lot of us are going to see the Indians Thursday during the day and the 54 Dinner at night, so going Wed. night is a must. This is my sprint-around, cover-as-much-territory-as-possible night, so if you see an older dude with shorts and polo shirt panting as he dashes from table to table, say hi, it will be me

Old 07-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

you're a Twins fan!

BcD

Old 07-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JimCrandell

Find a dealer you know or do business with and ask him for a dealer pass--they have lots of extras.

Dealer set up day(all day Wednesday) is the day you want to tour the floor. After that you get what dealers and preferred customers do not want.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bobby Binder

Jim,

We do not have a lot of dealer passes each booth is alloted 2 only. Anymore then you have to pay $60.00 each, I believe.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JimCrandell

Bobby,

My understanding last year was that large dealers and grading companies had a lot. I was offered dealer passes by three dealers and two grading companies last year and never got the impression that I was taking one of only 2 or 3 passes.

Jim

Old 07-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Administrator

How much is the price just for admission on Wednesday without any VIP stuff ?

Old 07-28-2007, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Turner Engle

$15

Old 07-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter chao

Well you were recieving the heavyweight customer's courtesy pass from the dealers. I normally have to come in the back door with the people setting up, the dealers will just loan me their security pass.

Peter C.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Where are we going for dinner ?