NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-07-2003, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay tips & tricks

Posted By: Ben 

I'm sure many contributers to the board have mastered the art of Ebay scouring, but for those who haven't, I thought this thread might be a big help. I'll start things off with a basic tip that I have found useful in the past.

If you are looking for a specific card, you can have ebay email you if and when that card is listed. Here's how its done:

After entering a card name on the main search page, there will be an option in the upper right corner that says "save this search". Click that. You will then be automatically transferred to your "my ebay" page, and the card name you entered will be registered in your "favorite searches". Then, you click on the box under the heading "email me" in the favorite searches category. Voila! you will now receive an email whenever that card appears on ebay.

Anybody have any usefull ebay tips/tricks to share?

Old 03-07-2003, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: ockday

but they do limit you to only 3 "email me's"

Old 03-07-2003, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

I recommend adding -(rp,pf,reprint,replica,AAA) and then left-clicking the box to the left of "In titles and descriptions" (found under "search"). This will eliminate all "feldman234" cards, as well as anything graded by the "super tough AAA" and any of those reprinted panoramas that have flooded ebay.

If there is a particular seller that I really don't like, I try to find some unique bit of text in their description and add it to the -( , ,) clause as well. For instance, if you don't trust any sellers who have "sold as is" in their description, or some other phrase that might indicate fraud to you, simply add that to your search:

-(rp,pf,reprint,replica,AAA,"sold as is","god bless")

On the other hand, if someone has a description that says "this ain't no reprint!", their item will also be eliminated from the above example search.

Old 03-07-2003, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

just be aware that ebay make take up to a few days to notify you of your item(s)...so if there's a sweet BIN on it, you may be too late.

Old 03-07-2003, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jeff s

Save (bookmark) your searches.

I'm lazy, so I don't like going to the baseball:memorabilia:other section every day and typing "spalding*" or something, so I do that once, click on the "newly listed" option, and then bookmark that page. That way, every time I get online, I go to each of about 7 search pages without having to type a letter or navigate a single eBay category.