NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-30-2016, 11:03 AM
Jimmy Knowle$

Default USPS delivery issue

Anyone seen this before:

Addressee Unknown

Mar-24-16, 10:39 AM, PASADENA, CA 91109

Arrived at Post Office

Mar-24-16, 09:47 AM, PASADENA, CA 91109

Departed USPS Destination Facility

Mar-24-16, 03:13 AM, SANTA CLARITA, CA 91383

Arrived at USPS Destination Facility

Mar-23-16, 21:55 PM, SANTA CLARITA, CA 91383

Departed USPS Facility

Mar-23-16, 03:41 AM, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32301

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility

Mar-22-16, 22:26 PM, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32301

Acceptance

Mar-22-16, 14:54 PM, VALDOSTA, GA 31602

Does this mean it is being returned to me?
The address was printed straight from PayPal, so I don't know what happened.

Anyone have this happen before?
Old 03-30-2016, 11:11 AM
Larry More.y

Yes, likely it will be returned back to you. I had a shipment like this recently returned due to a "smudge" on the label which obscured part of the recipient's address. I resent at my cost, at least it was returned back and not completely lost .
Old 03-30-2016, 12:24 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
Yes, likely it will be returned back to you. I had a shipment like this recently returned due to a "smudge" on the label which obscured part of the recipient's address. I resent at my cost, at least it was returned back and not completely lost .
I usually put a piece of clear packing tape over the address, so that when it gets wet it doesn't get smudged and you can still read it. Not sure if that would have helped in this case.

Question though. Are they so electronified these days that if the barcode is unscannable, but the address is perfectly legible, that it will NOT be sent to it's destination? Or is this one of those 'it depends' cases?
Old 03-30-2016, 04:55 PM
Jimmy Knowle$

I tape the whole label, except the barcode area. I don't think smudging is the issue. It was a eBay sale. I guess I better contact the buyer first. Right?
Old 04-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Jimmy Knowle$

The buyer has not left feedback. I sent a message yesterday (through eBay) and asked if the cards had arrived. No response as of yet.

This has never happened to me before.

I am thinking I might lose the cards and the money. I can't prove that the cards were delivered. If I need to, I might contact the PO in Pasadena for assistance. Don't know what they can do, but I guess I can try.

Open to any input from here.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Ben North

Has the tracking just stopped at a sorting facility? I have had that happen way too many times to count. Realistically it probably does nothing but after 7 days past expected delivery date and still nothing. I will sign up for email updates and usually it magically shows back up in the system after couple more days.

If it is a bubble mailer they get left in the bottom of mail bags quite often and will show up the next time they actually empty the bag. We have a sorting facility here and that is what I am told by friends that work there.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:03 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default package

If it was scanned as addressee unknown, it should be returned to you. You wouldn't believe how many people move and don't tell the Post Office, don't change their address with PayPal, eBay, Amazon, etc., and they don't give the Post Office a forwarding address.

It could also be the fault of the Post Office. Could be a new sub on a route who doesn't know his/her customers. What concerns me is that it should have been scanned as "attempted", and then "addressee unknown".

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:34 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Stay calm, it will be returned to you assuming the return address is clear. I doubt calling the post office in Pasadena will help. Call your local post office and speak with the investigations person. They will call you back and most likely they will help you get the package back if needed. The fact that the package was tracked to the point it was is a very good sign, its not going in circles and is clearly designated as address unknown. You will be good dont worry.