NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-03-2019, 08:51 AM

Default Careful, Very expensive Fakes! T206 Cobb etc..

Though technically he is within the rules I guess.... He is still trying to steal from someone in my opinion.

All cards are fake, doctored to look old, priced as real, blames ebay policies for listing as reprints and states unknown in description. And of course, no returns nor refunds.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/matshae0/m....p2047675.l2562

Last edited by Leon; 01-03-2019 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thanks Dan., I posted a thread about this guy since you alerted me but then deleted it so we only have one thread about him/her. To keep it looking Pre War I am going to put T206? in your title. Thanks man....(and check out that other show email I sent.....)
Old 01-03-2019, 08:55 AM

And he's selling fake currency.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:57 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvor View Post
And he's selling fake currency.
Ask him if he'll accept fake currency as payment for fake cards.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:30 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

He also has a 58 Topps Williams with 60 bids.
57 of those bids are by the same buyer with 0 feedback. 2 of the bids are by a buyer with a feedback of 1.

The card has a Certificate of Authenticity sticker which can be bought on Amazon or eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-Topps-Ted-Williams-1-With-COA-See-Descriptions-For-Further-Details/401677431646?hash=item5d85d7335e:g:rQYAAOSwvGZcK--O:rk:1f:0

It is so disturbing to see so many scams out there.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 01-03-2019, 09:39 AM
Anson

Strange these "estate finds" only seem to have scarce rookies and short prints. They never seem to end up with a shoebox of commons with a star or two.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:45 AM
Brendan Mullen

Strange these "estate finds" only seem to have scarce rookies and short prints. They never seem to end up with a shoebox of commons with a star or two.

I was thinking the same thing. The "estate finds" always have Ty Cobb, and Honus Wagner, and Mickey Mantle...
Old 01-03-2019, 09:54 AM

I counted 12-1952 Topps Mickey Mantle cards he has sold...how does one get so lucky at estate sales?? I think Ebay should have a new rule that states if a seller is found to be selling cards like this to mislead buyers about its authenticity, the seller should be made to pay back double the selling price of the card.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:12 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

Unfortunately he’s not the only one. There are many, many of these people on there. These should all be against eBay rules. If they are selling a 1958 Topps Ted Williams and in the description in small print it says “selling as a reprint” they should be required to put that in the title because it was neither made in 1958 nor made by Topps. They should not be allowed to list it under Pre-war or post war cards because they are not from that era - same thing with those Helmar cards. eBay should create a section dedicated to reproductions exclusively so they could all be listed there. But if the truth be told eBay makes a lot of money every day from these people on both ends - people who dirty up a fake card and buyers who think they are getting a card worth thousands for a couple hundred bucks. And it amazes me that there are no shortage of people who spend hundreds on fake 52 Mantles. Unfortunately there are many others who get caught in the middle of this mess and as long as it continues to make money for eBay and they won’t do anything to stop it - it will be a problem.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:19 AM
Scott Russell

Adam, I would argue they shouldn't be allowed to sell it at all, regardless of where you put the word "Reprint." These aren't reprints they are counterfeits, as are most of the cards being sold as reprints on ebay.

The other thing that would put an end to a lot of this crap is Topps coming down hard on ebay like companies such as Tiffany's, Cocah, and Michael Kors have. Try and list a counterfeit Coach Handbag some time, see how long your listing stays up.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 01-03-2019 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:26 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

If I pay for a counterfeit card with crypto currency can they deliver it to my mansion in Fantasyland?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 01-03-2019, 11:31 AM
Tim Newcomb

Default He's a complete

scumbag.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:33 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcal02 View Post
I counted 12-1952 Topps Mickey Mantle cards he has sold...how does one get so lucky at estate sales??
If you look at his feedback, he has a lot of purchases from eBay seller satchelandshoeless. When you view satchelandshoeless items for sale, it's mostly bulk reprint lots.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-of-25-R...9edp:rk:1:pf:0
Old 01-03-2019, 11:42 AM
octavio ranzola

Great post as ive said before this will never end.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:08 PM
Mike Biggans

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
If you look at his feedback, he has a lot of purchases from eBay seller satchelandshoeless. When you view satchelandshoeless items for sale, it's mostly bulk reprint lots.

I must admit I have bought one of these Lots from this guy for $10. I planned on using the cards for some sort of craft project or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2019, 03:39 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post

This bothers me when I see these Sellers who sell reprints. I don't see any reason for someone to buy a reprint. I believe that most people who purchase these reprints are trying to sell them off as the real thing.

Buythatcard

Last edited by Buythatcard; 01-03-2019 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:07 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Adam, I would argue they shouldn't be allowed to sell it at all, regardless of where you put the word "Reprint." These aren't reprints they are counterfeits, as are most of the cards being sold as reprints on ebay.

The other thing that would put an end to a lot of this crap is Topps coming down hard on ebay like companies such as Tiffany's, Cocah, and Michael Kors have. Try and list a counterfeit Coach Handbag some time, see how long your listing stays up.
I agree that most cards that are even labeled as reprints are technically counterfeit. Personally I don't mind "counterfeit" cards as long as the maker/seller has the word REPRINT or CUSTOM on the card. For me it changes the intent. Again for me the people that just make a copy are scammers and those that add Reprint and/or Custom are letting people own a copy of a card they could never afford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
This bothers me when I see these Sellers who sell reprints. I don't see any reason for someone to buy a reprint. I believe that most people who purchase these reprints are trying to sell them off as the real thing.
I have many sets of reprints, some of them I have gotten from very respected members of this forum. I will use my 52 Topps reprint set as an example. It is a set(real cards) I would never buy but I get great joy out of looking at them and reading the backs.

I know I am probably the exception. I gave the last couple real 52 Topps cards(beaters) I had to a fellow member as placeholders for the set he is working on. I have even traded REAL T205, T206, and T210 cards for reprints. I won't even get into my forged autograph collection.

I say collect whatever you like just don't scam people.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:14 PM

Default Thanks

Dan the man mckee
Old 01-03-2019, 04:14 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I agree that most cards that are even labeled as reprints are technically counterfeit. Personally I don't mind "counterfeit" cards as long as the maker/seller has the word REPRINT or CUSTOM on the card. For me it changes the intent. Again for me the people that just make a copy are scammers and those that add Reprint and/or Custom are letting people own a copy of a card they could never afford.

I have many sets of reprints, some of them I have gotten from very respected members of this forum. I will use my 52 Topps reprint set as an example. It is a set(real cards) I would never buy but I get great joy out of looking at them and reading the backs.

I know I am probably the exception. I gave the last couple real 52 Topps cards(beaters) I had to a fellow member as placeholders for the set he is working on. I have even traded REAL T205, T206, and T210 cards for reprints. I won't even get into my forged autograph collection.

I say collect whatever you like just don't scam people.

I agree with you. Unfortunately, not everyone is so trustworthy out there. I just don't know why someone would buy 25 copies of the same reprint.

Buythatcard

Old 01-03-2019, 04:15 PM
Manny
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
If I pay for a counterfeit card with crypto currency can they deliver it to my mansion in Fantasyland?
No, that's not possible if you're not wearing your Virtual Reality goggles.

It's the only way to escape the world of the living.

Last edited by SetBuilder; 01-03-2019 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:20 PM

Default bitcoins

pay with bitcoin
Old 01-03-2019, 09:15 PM

Ive bought reprints of T206 Cobbs, and 1933 Goudey Ruth's. I own originals, but wanted a copy on my office desk, just to look at. I bought all the reprints off Ebay, for about $1-2 each. All the auctions were clearly labeled as reprints. No attempt to deceive, and priced accordingly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2019, 08:42 AM

WOW! This thieving loser just unloaded on me through Ebay messaging. can't post it here as it is way to vulgar and full of broken English and misspellings but he had no trouble spelling the "F" Bomb correctly.

Think I will report the cursing, may get him a warning or something.

Just expect the worst if you try to contact him

I think I am still bleeding from the response
Old 01-04-2019, 08:55 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

He is the one scamming and scammers seem to get pissed when they get called out. Point him to this thread and maybe he will come on and defend himself THE WAY GIZMO DID. That was entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmckee View Post
WOW! This thieving loser just unloaded on me through Ebay messaging. can't post it here as it is way to vulgar and full of broken English and misspellings but he had no trouble spelling the "F" Bomb correctly.

Old 01-05-2019, 10:00 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmckee View Post

Looks like all but one listing has been pulled - for fake money of course...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.