NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-10-2002, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Default If you could keep only one vintage card or piece of memorabilia, what would you keep?

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

If you had to sell off your collection, and could only keep a single vintage card or piece of memorabilia, what would you select?

I would keep an autographed photo of Ira Thomas and Connie Mack sitting in their dugout during the 1911 World Series that was taken by photographer, Paul Thompson.

(Of course, we all know this is hypothetical, since none of us plan to part with our collections!)

Old 08-10-2002, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Default If you could keep only one vintage card or piece of memorabilia, what would you keep?

Posted By: brian parker

It would be my lovingly beat-up T206 Mathewson black cap card which was part of a group of five 1910 era HOF players, my first vintage cards, all purchased at a card show in the early 80's for around $11.00. He is kind of soiled, has creases all over and paper missing on the bottom border, but his face, like some kind of saintly vision, remains blemish free.
To upgrade this card would be sacrilegious to me.

Brian

Old 08-10-2002, 10:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Never say never. I sold my collection back in 1990 becuase I was totally disgusted with hobby and where it was going. The fact that I had a kid on the way and was buying a house also helped that decision.

I sold almost everything except my Tony Oliva items and all the the letters and signed Items I got from various Negro League players like Lou Dials, Martin DiHigo and Double-duty Ratcliffe.

I also unknowingly kept variuos cards that I had put between the pages of books for protection while moving.

If I had to choose one thing to keep, I guess it would be the picture Bert Blyleven signed for me when I was a kid.

Jay

Old 08-10-2002, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John(z28jd)

this topic just makes me sad,because i wouldnt want to think of selling everything. I would probably keep the nicest 74 topps carlton fisk i have(i have a few to choose from) because its my favorite card or my favorite player.....if i had to pick vintage i would take my t206 bresnahan portrait,the one that started it all,eventho i have many nicer ones ,that has to be my choice

Old 08-10-2002, 11:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

1) A personally inscribed baseball to my daughter which says "Best wishes Ashley, Joe Dimaggio." The picture of Joe D. handing her the ball (she was about 9 years old at the time) was on the front page of the Kansas City Star.

Ashley has the ball now and the picture so I guess I will have to go with this one:

2)A "folk art ball" in which the owner some where between 1914 and 1940 carefully pasted M116s and T207s around a baseball and then neatly pasted a cut signature of Christy Mathewson. One of a kind and unfriggingbelievable. It is beautiful piece of memorabilia. You may remember this in a Robert Edwards auction about 7 or 8 years ago. He (original owner) also did the same thing with signatures of Johnny Evers and 2 or 3 other HOFers. The balls brought a lot of bidding attention but 8 years later, they would go through the roof.

Old 08-10-2002, 11:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jaime Leiderman

I would keep a 1982 Venezuelan Winter League All-Star signed baseball.

Almost all of my favorite players back then signed the ball for me.

I'd even sell a nice Ruth/Gehrig 30's Yankees signed ball before this one!

Old 08-11-2002, 02:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

Of all the cards, my favorite has to be my Matty 1913 Fan For a Fan. I think it is such a unique piece. A close second is a PSA 8 - M116 Pastel. I love the portrait on that card.

Of my entire collection...a Baseball Bat from Christy's estate, a circa 1917 Bat from his time as Manager of the Reds.

I wouldn't want to give up either of these...

Old 08-11-2002, 02:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: David

(I got them together, so am counting them as one). An Earl Campbell (football) signed 'Skoal' Photo and football card that I got as a kid.

Old 08-11-2002, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

I DID have to sell allmost alll of my collection in 1988...it was hell. But I hadn't yet gotten into 19th century stuff much yet.

Probably my Old Judge Radbourn, Hoy, and A35 Kelly. I hate to think of getting rid of so many things, I sure hope 1988 doesn't happen again. Conlon photos of Landis, Gleason, anonymous photo of Jackson, Conlon Cicotte. I better quit...