NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Default Honus Wagner Decal Bat

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Just got it today....looks great and was surprised to find that the length is 33"...looked a lot shorter in the pics. Sorry about the pics I can't take photos of bats worth a crap. Am I right that this bat is from the 1911-16 labeling period?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Old 12-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al Simeone

Hi Dan,
Looks like a very nice piece! With all the talk about the bats in the Mastro Auction with restoration work, this one looks like its never been touched. And as you know I would leave it that way! Nice pick up.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Thanks Al. I was amazed at not only the length of the bat, but also the condition is great with no cracks, chips or grain swelling.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Steinberg

That's a beauty, Dan! I love that thick handle and stocky solid look. What a nice added plus, that it's full-sized. Beautiful wood grain too... must have been well protected through the years.

Al is right... do not even think about restoring that decal. It is in better shape than 90% of existing examples, and is all-original! This one was simply a great score... congrats!

Old 12-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John Harrell

Dan,

Your bat is indeed from the 1911-16 period and is a fine specimen. I have a Wagner from the 1918-21 period but the decal is nowhere nearly as nice as yours, although the bat itself is nice. Congrats!!

John

Old 12-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: clint

Dan that is a nice bat. The wood looks perfect and the decal is fantastic. I love those old bats.

Clint

Old 12-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Thanks guys...I was first planning to flip this bat and even used that as an excuse with the wife in order to buy it, but even she agreed when I cracked open the package last night that it was too nice to part with.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike H

The Wagner has one of my favorite decals. Congrats Dan. Only the Jaokson could displace the Wagner on my list.