NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default Giants vs. Mets

How many more bullsh-t calls are going to go the Mets way because MLB wants a New York team in it.

I don't like either team, I'm neutral, but this is brutal.

1st the steal, now the bad call on Bum at the plate.

Ohhhh they're trying to give this to the Mets......er.....I mean New York.

Great game hope it doesn't come down to a close call.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:52 PM
Nick Barnes

complaining about umpire bias is silly. If anything Syndegaard got screwed more on low pitches than Bumgarner did.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:39 AM
Rob

Giants fan here. The steal call was definitely bad but the balls and strikes ended up evening out. Speaking of even.....
Old 10-06-2016, 07:14 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Non-issue if the Mets closer hadn't have been shelled, and the Mets win.

Last edited by KCRfan1; 10-06-2016 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:04 AM
Richard Simon

From a Mets fan who was at the game.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 10-06-2016, 09:17 AM
Al

Couldnt have ended any better for me! Hate the Mets dont really care about the Giants, and now I become a cubs fan! So nice when your team isnt even in it! Sorry for your pain Richard! Can you say Familia! Or for that matter Connor Gillaspie! That one is going to sting for awhile.....

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 10-06-2016 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:49 AM
Todd

Default Ugh

...well that sucked.

On to hockey season. Go Islanders!
Old 10-06-2016, 10:04 AM
Mike

The Umpires Strike zone was horrible for the mets pitchers. In the strike box is a strike
total BS
Mike
Old 10-06-2016, 12:06 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Umpiring just seems to be getting worse and worse . . . strike zone and particularly first base, where they seem to get close plays right about 50% of the time.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:42 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdodger55 View Post
The Umpires Strike zone was horrible for the mets pitchers. In the strike box is a strike
total BS
Mike
It was bad for both. How about we just let the little box call the balls and strikes?

I'm sure some of you huys remember Livan Herhandez' ridiculous 16K(?) playoff game.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Nick Barnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
It was bad for both. How about we just let the little box call the balls and strikes?

I'm sure some of you huys remember Livan Herhandez' ridiculous 16K(?) playoff game.
the little box isn't really accurate (the one on Tv anyway) as it doesn't change size from player to player.

problems with a robot strikezone is it would kill pitching and turn baseball into a 10-9 batter's massacre every night. An unmoving, rigid K zone would be quickly learned by batters and take a lot of the swing and miss away from pitchers. Batters wouldn't have to protect away nearly as much as they do now.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:51 PM
P.hil €lli$

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravos4evr View Post
the little box isn't really accurate (the one on Tv anyway) as it doesn't change size from player to player.

problems with a robot strikezone is it would kill pitching and turn baseball into a 10-9 batter's massacre every night. An unmoving, rigid K zone would be quickly learned by batters and take a lot of the swing and miss away from pitchers. Batters wouldn't have to protect away nearly as much as they do now.
Not true. They can adjust the box for each player. The one you see on TV, not sure about that one. Just watched a segment of HBO Real Sports last night about the electronic strike zone and they played a game using it and all the players said that they liked it and it was seamless.
A Yale professor did a ton of research on it and his results are fascinating.
Try to catch this segment if you can.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:15 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravos4evr View Post

I don't follow your reasoning. Pitchers would still pitch in and out, up and down and at varying speeds. Movement would still fool hitters, whether it's balls moving into or out of the strike zone. I hate when a terrible ball/strike call completely changes the complexion of an at bat.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:37 AM
Nick Barnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
I don't follow your reasoning. Pitchers would still pitch in and out, up and down and at varying speeds. Movement would still fool hitters, whether it's balls moving into or out of the strike zone. I hate when a terrible ball/strike call completely changes the complexion of an at bat.
Hitters don't exactly know the strike zone from one day to the next as it moves a bit from ump to ump, this is a good thing. You give them a set, rigid K-zone and pitching will get destroyed.