NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-20-2017, 06:35 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Default Probstein T206s on Ebay

Now primarily handling only SGC (way over graded) cards on Ebay.

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 04-22-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:56 AM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxl4O6tEKHw
Old 04-21-2017, 11:10 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

probstein is dead to me

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 04-21-2017, 11:36 AM
Charles
Cha.rles

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
probstein is dead to me
To me too. I told him: "Rick, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do."

- Charles

Check out my collection..........
http://ImageEvent.com/The_Cardfather

Check out my stuff for sale.........
(Message me for Net54 members direct sale discount.)
https://www.ebay.com/str/thecardfathersstore
Old 04-21-2017, 12:56 PM
Lar.ry Buch.heim

I've only been collecting HoF T206's for about a year now and have a very limited collection. With all the recent PWCC bashing, I had to check out Probstein123's T206 auctions. Almost all are old flip SGC, so do they grade easier than PSA?
Old 04-21-2017, 01:03 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesWS1979 View Post
I've only been collecting HoF T206's for about a year now and have a very limited collection. With all the recent PWCC bashing, I had to check out Probstein123's T206 auctions. Almost all are old flip SGC, so do they grade easier than PSA?
Kevin has a vendetta against SGC and apparently probstein.

Truth of the matter is old SGC slabs are much more accurately graded then old PSA slabs .
Old 04-21-2017, 01:04 PM
pete ullman

Buy cards you like and who cares what the slab says!
Old 04-21-2017, 01:26 PM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Truth of the matter is old SGC slabs are much more accurately graded then old PSA slabs .
Amen to that. SGC has traditionally been more lenient on corner sharpness for SGC 60s than PSA has been for PSA 5s. But, there are so many PSA 5s out there with spider wrinkles that I always feel more comfortable buying SGC 60s online. SGC finds the hidden flaws better -- at least when we're talking about old SGC vs old PSA slabs -- to be sure.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 04-21-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:31 PM
je.sse @rnot

I would assume he takes any consignments and all this means is someone sent him a bunch of sgc graded t206s.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:34 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesWS1979 View Post
SGC doesn't even honor their own guarantee on their old flips, so I would stay away personally, unless you're buying at what a card a grade level below would go for.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:45 PM

Default Spoilsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I would assume he takes any consignments and all this means is someone sent him a bunch of sgc graded t206s.

...Using logic and common sense is never as much fun as a good conspiracy with intrigue and subterfuge.....still , I'm going to go make some popcorn anyway....

Old 04-21-2017, 02:01 PM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
SGC doesn't even honor their own guarantee on their old flips, so I would stay away personally, unless you're buying at what a card a grade level below would go for.
I have no dog in the PSA vs SGC fight since I buy both. However it is fair to point out the distinction between SGC older flips. Any SGC flip that has the two grades on the front is honored. The flips with only SGC's numerical grade is not guaranteed because they were graded under different ownership. At least that's my understanding.

Wanted to add..... It could be argued that any old PSA flips should be bought at a price of a grade below as well. Many older graded PSA cards would not grade at the same grade today as well.

Goes back to same old mantra. But the card not the holder!

Last edited by DeanH3; 04-21-2017 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:20 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

In my eyes it's a clear choice, same player, same grade, same back, SAME PRICE, it's psa 100pct of the time. They resell for more if I ever chose to liquidate. Wouldn't make sense to do anything else.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:23 PM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default big

The more guys who refuse to bid on his stuff..make it better for me

Go right ahead and ignore this dealer
Old 04-21-2017, 03:57 PM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
In my eyes it's a clear choice, same player, same grade, same back, SAME PRICE, it's psa 100pct of the time. They resell for more if I ever chose to liquidate. Wouldn't make sense to do anything else.
All things equal, including price, then I hear you. But I wouldn't pay a premium for a PSA 5 over an SGC 60 if the same card was in both holders.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 04-21-2017, 04:15 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanH3 View Post
I have no dog in the PSA vs SGC fight since I buy both. However it is fair to point out the distinction between SGC older flips. Any SGC flip that has the two grades on the front is honored. The flips with only SGC's numerical grade is not guaranteed because they were graded under different ownership. At least that's my understanding.

Wanted to add..... It could be argued that any old PSA flips should be bought at a price of a grade below as well. Many older graded PSA cards would not grade at the same grade today as well.

Goes back to same old mantra. But the card not the holder!
Dean is exactly right. The OP was reporting fake news or at least did not post accurate info. SGC does honor their guarantee when they deem it is appropriate however they will not honor a guarantee of the previous owner, Joe Merkel. Those holders are the ones that only have a single SGC numerical grade. Did not look like the SGC graded T206s that are up now under Probstein are ones graded under Merkel's ownership.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:41 PM
James Head

I usually would not take the bait but geez...Another week....and another negative thread about a large volume ebay seller.....they are in cahoots with SGC getting better grades then everyone else.....let me guess that they have shill bidders as well....this song is is getting old.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:08 PM
Jonathan Weil
Jon.than We.il

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
This guy is now primarily handling only SGC (way over graded) cards on Ebay...What can be taken from this? Big time dealer?? What does that tell you guys? Some of these cards are an absolute joke....I know what you're up to Mr. Big
I'm at a loss to understand why one dealer would attack another dealer in such a shamelessly malicious way, with no apparent provocation and no factual basis to support his innuendo. I've bought cards from you before, but I won't again.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:47 AM
Lonnie Nagel

and finally (just to stir the pot a bit more) - I've been looking at TPG cards for probably 20ish years now and I have come to believe that all cards from PSA, that are recently graded (hologram logo), are graded much more accurately and consistently than anything they have graded "pre hologram logo".

SGC for the most part, has remained consistent over the tenure of the "Post Merkel" company. There - I said it - let the flames begin
Old 04-22-2017, 06:21 AM
Steven

I agree with you Lonnie, completely. The problem is SGC's business model is horrible causing concern for the future of cards encased with that company.

PSA actually just pisses me off...changing "standards". They are called standards for a reason and instead of being consistent they are just radically out of touch IMO with how hard they grade now. I have been collecting for 33 years and a Vg card has the same standards today as it did in 1985. PSA has gone too far, they just need to be consistent. Their new slabs are much harder to break open though, so I will give 'em that.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:07 AM
Brian clif.ford

This seems pretty bold to me, and wouldn't the offense be by SGC? I mean if they are over-graded, SGC, PSA, and BVG are pretty much accepted by the hobby. It's not like he is pushing PRO or some other fake grading service.