NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Aaron E.
Aa.ron Eps.tein

Default PSA versus SGC

I have not had good luck crossing my SGC to PSA ( I know, I know, but the card not the grade!!). I wanted to switch them to PSA mostly for uniform look (OCD) but also for possible resale value as PSA tends to sell for more. I first attempted to send in my SCG slabs for crossover and didn't have any success (returned below minimum grade - as I specified my lowest acceptable grade was a half point below the SGC grade).

So I then sent in some different cards but cracked them out this time and sent in raw. All of them came back one full grade lower and two were marked trimmed despite being previously slabbed by SGC. Now, I know from many different threads that both companies make errors but man PSA is being harsh.

My question is, what do you guys recommend. Taking the lower PSA grade or re-crack out and putting it back into SGC for the higher grade. None of the cards are very high value low hundreds at the most so the fees really begin to add up for these low value cards. Also, if you send in the card raw with the previous SGC paper from the case, you have to pay for full regrade again, right?

Once specific example I wanted to show you. It is a T206 Polar Bear Lajoie with bat that was graded SGC 60/5 that I cracked (case was previously damaged) and submitted and PSA only gave it a 3!! That is a two grade discrepancy. I just looked at the pop report and PSA has not even given a PSA 5 out yet, so I am not sure if that is the reason for the low grade. There is heavy tobacco staining on front. What do you guys suggest? Thanks

Aaron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lajoie Bat Polar PSA 3 Front.jpg (74.4 KB, 1300 views)
File Type: jpg Lajoie Bat Polar PSA 3 Back.jpg (74.8 KB, 1303 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160509_0003 (2).jpg (78.5 KB, 1299 views)

Tags
psa, sgc