NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-06-2009, 03:34 PM
TT40391

Default Advice needed for purchase I made

Hello, I have already talked to two different board members about this but I thought I would put it up on the board. I purchased a cabinet card photo from a fellow board member a week ago through paypal. The board member said the would pack up the photo and mail it out over the weekend. I still have gotten no word from the seller and I sent a email to them yesterday and today and still no response. I even saw they were online on the board earlier today and shot them a message using this website's message system. If I had just spent thirty dollars on the item I would not worry about it but I spent a lot of money on the item and want to know what is going on. I mean it is okay if there is a reason for delay in mailing the item but all someone has to do is tell me. Anyway, I know this is going to make me look like the bad guy and that I am over reacting but it has been over a week since I sent payment with no response or timetable for when the item will be shipped. I guess by the end of the day thrusday I am going to have to file a request for the return of my money with paypal. I don't want to do that because I want the photo but, I don't know what else to do because I do not want to just lose the money. I know I might be over reacting and I am still just a college student and young to the pre-war collecting game but I don't see any other option. Thoughts would be appreciated

Tony
Old 10-06-2009, 03:41 PM
D.B. Cooper

You stated that the fellow board member said he'd mail it out over the weekend. If he did indeed mail it Saturday, then only two postal days have passed since he mailed it. Unless he lives near you, you should expect anywhere from 2-5 postal days for the item to arrive if he mailed it using standard first class. It's a little early to be concerned.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Jim VB

I agree with Anthony. Tuesday is way too early to panic, or even be concerned over a package mailed last weekend.

I know it's difficult, but relax. Have a beer.

Next time, if you "need" it that quickly, offer to pay for Express Mail.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Scott Mt. Joy

One week is not enough time to expect a transaction to be completed, I think two weeks is a fair time. I feel for you on the lack of feedback but as long as you get the card in a reasonable amount of time the seller fullfilled his obligation.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Pup6913

Wait till it takes 2 yrs. I belive there was a thread a bit back about a guy who got his package 2 yrs or so after purchase. Yowser. Anyways 1-2 wks is not uncommon. I can mail out and have it anywhere in the us in a matter of less than 4-5 days. Mail coming to me always takes longer for some reason. This is something I have learned.

As far as the no contact they may have had the link up or signed in is what you have seen. I always stay signed in or have the link live on my PC so even though the lights on no one is home He will contact you I am sure when he gets a chance. I have waited 3 days to hear back from people in transactions but they always do respond. Happy collecting
Old 10-06-2009, 05:09 PM
TT40391

Default Thanks guys

I will wait a while longer. Thanks guys

Tony
Old 10-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Joe P.

Default Tony, the anxiety attacks are part of the newbieism world .....

We've all been there .....

It's what we learn from the experience it's what counts.

Enjoy the ride.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Frank Wakefield

Waiting longer for the cabinet is fine...

But the seller should have responded to the buyer's emails. And the seller's failing to respond really doesn't look good. The seller should respond.

I hope it all works out. So the guys above who say wait longer for the cabinet, I agree with them. But I think the seller owes you an email response yesterday.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default well

As I told the original poster before this thread.....The seller is as good as gold. He sometimes lags a little on emails and shipping but he is as good as it gets. He will also take a no questions asked refund so the paypal return is not such a worry. Of course there is no need to take my word for it....Everyone has to do what makes them feel comfortable....This transaction won't be an issue.....though I do agree that timely emails and shipping would be better. Regards
Old 10-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Tony, email sent.

I am the guy. I have been gone since Saturday due to a last minute trip for my work - I just got back into the office today. When you tried to contact me while I was on this site today I am sorry as I sometimes leave this website up while I am with patients.
-Rhett

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 10-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Rawn Hill

Always trust a guy from Maine. Rhett is golden in reputation and knowledge.

Rawn
Old 10-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Joe P.

Default There you go Tony .....

Atta boy Rhett .....

Under normal conditions, I agree with Frank Wakefield, the seller owes the buyer, or potential buyer a response to an e-mail. (smiley, has an inside meaning)
Old 10-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Bob Pomilla

Rhett is aces, all the way.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Barry Arnold

Default advice

I've bought from Rhett a number of times and, as all the oldtimers know,
he's always top drawer!!!
best,
barry
Old 10-07-2009, 01:53 AM
qu@n nguy3n

when someone does a deal with rhett or rhys and start feeling nervous, that's when u know the board's gotten too big.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:50 AM
TT40391

Default Thanks everyone

Thanks to everyone who posted their thoughts. Everything has been taken care of now, and the seller lived up to the high reputation that they have on the board. I simply did not give them enough time and I feel like such a heel because of it. I sent them an email to apologize and they said it was okay. In the future I will remember to give them more time to email me back etc because I do not want to offend anyone and I really like the board and the friends I have made on it. Thanks again

Tony
Old 10-07-2009, 06:30 AM

Rhett/Rhys are, if not the greatest, then one of the two or three best dealers on earth.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Joe P.

Default Alan, does that mean that you were able to buy something? .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
Rhett/Rhys are, if not the greatest, then one of the two or three best dealers on earth.

Folks, signs of a definite economical change.

The Stimulus is working!