NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-13-2017, 09:33 AM
Bry@n

I love it Ted - putting your money where your mouth is! I have no doubt that you are correct and won't have to pay up.

Thank you for continuing to share so much information with all of us.

Last edited by Jobu; 06-13-2017 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:17 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default The T206 Ames riddle....offering $500 reward (each) for his AB 460 or UZIT cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
I love it Ted - putting your money where your mouth is! I have no doubt that you are correct and won't have to pay up.

Thank you for continuing to share so much information with all of us.

Bryan

Thanks....I appreciate your comments. After all these years, we are still learning of the complexities of The Monster.
And, I feel that any meaningful insight is always worth sharing with members of this forum.

Conversely, I really do not care for the above response (Jeff Bridges, etc.). Notwithstanding, that it appears as if it
was meant to be a joke. It's really a damn distraction.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 06-13-2017 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Correct typo.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:51 PM
Scott Russell

It was absolutely meant in jest, the point being your opinion on these matters is pretty much gospel, somethimes things lose meaning over the interwebs.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 06-14-2017, 06:40 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default The T206 Ames riddle....offering $500 reward (each) for his AB 460 or UZIT cards

Hi Scott

I was disappointed to see the 1st response to this thread in the form of a "joke". It ain't some frivolous opinion, it is an opinion based on some serious research.
Otherwise, I certainly would not be backing it up with some serious $$$$.

Anyway, stay tuned......maybe some one on this forum will surprise us with a red HINDU Ames card which will validate my theory. Or, even better than that......
an Ames with a BROAD LEAF 460 back.

The BROAD LEAF 460 cards and the red HINDU cards in the 350/460 series are "matched pairs".

Whatever....I will keep the ten Ben Franklins warm in my safe, should the "impossible" happen, and an Ames card with either an AB 460 or UZIT back shows up.

Take care, guy

TED Z
Old 06-15-2017, 02:32 AM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
It was absolutely meant in jest, the point being your opinion on these matters is pretty much gospel, somethimes things lose meaning over the interwebs.
He clearly didn't get it, like the rest of us.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:44 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Well, this is the 4th day since I posted this request and no responses. ? ?

The Ben Franklin's are "burning holes" in my pockets

It looks like I won't be given them out to anyone here too soon.

I've been collecting AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 cards since 2005. In these past 12 years, I have seen over 1000
AB 460 cards. Currently, I have 70 - AB 460 cards in my run. The 4 missing cards have been eluding me for
the past 2 years. Any help in completing this run is greatly appreciated.

AMERICAN BEAUTY 460........74 confirmed subjects (I am 100% confident this list is complete)

350/460 Series.....................28 subjects

Berger
Bradley (bat)
Burch (fielding)
Cobb (bat off shoulder)
Conroy (bat)
Crawford (bat)
Jennings (one hand)
Jennings (two hands)
Jordan (bat)
Lajoie (bat)
Lake (no ball)
Leach (cap)
Leifield (bat)
Manning (pitching)
McQuillan (bat)
Mullin (bat)
Overall (yellow sky)
Pelty (vertical)
Pfeister (throwing)
F. Smith (Chicago & Boston)

Steinfeldt (bat)
Tinker (bat off shoulder)
Wagner (bat on right)
Doc White (pitching)
Wilhelm (bat)
Willetts
Willis (bat)
Wiltse (pitching)

460-only Series.....................46 subjects

Abbaticcio (blue sleeves)
Ball (Cleveland)
Bell (pitching)
Bergen (catching)
Bescher (hands in air)
Bridwell (portrait-cap)
Camnitz (arms at side)
Camnitz (hands above head)
Chance (bat)
Chase (trophy)
Crandall (portrait-cap)
Devore
Doyle (portrait)
Duffy
Ford
Frill
Gandil
Geyer
Herzog (Boston)
Howell (hand on waist)

Hummell
Lake (with ball)
Latham
Marquard (follow thru)
McGraw (portrait-cap)
McGraw (glove at hip)
Merkle (throwing)
Meyers (portrait)
Murray (portrait)
Needham
Oldring (bat)
Overall (blue sky)
Payne
Pfeffer
Schaefer (Washington)
Schulte (back view)
Schlei (portrait)
Schlei (bat)
Seymour (portrait)
Sheckard (glove)

H. Smith (Brooklyn)
Stovall (bat)
Tannehill (Chicago)
Tinker (bat on shoulder)
Wheat
Wiltse (portrait-cap)

TED Z

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________
I am still searching for these 4 cards to complete my AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 sub-set (74 subjects)

CAMNITZ (hands over head)....DOYLE (portrait)....McGRAW (portrait-cap)....TINKER (bat off shoulder)

Last edited by tedzan; 06-29-2017 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Correct typo.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:10 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Well....7 days have transpired since I posted this request/reward....but, so far there have not been any responses ? ?

Look, the printing pattern of the 350/460 series (63 subjects) has been figured out. Especially with respect to AMERICAN BEAUTY 460, BROAD LEAF 460, red HINDU, and UZIT
backs. The printing rules for these 4 backs are well established; therefore, I do NOT expect that any Ames (hands over head) cards with UZIT backs will ever be discovered.

However, T206resource (and other sources on this forum who cite them) claims that Ames/UZIT has been "confirmed".

So, I say let's see this UZIT card (and for that matter, the Ames/AB 460 card). Where are these cards ? ?

I will be set-up at the Chicago National in July. I welcome anyone having either one of these Ames cards to show me them. If they are legit, I'll gladly give him the $500 reward.

I am reprising my scans of the 350/460 series subjects in order to illustrate how the mutually-exclusive "460-type" backs in this series resulted from American Lithographic
separating these 63 subjects into two print groups.

Group A of the 350/460 series includes 35 subjects which were printed and issued with these four 460-type backs (circa..late 1910 > early 1911).

. . .

Factory #25 VA ......................... Factory#42 N.C.

Conversely, these 35 subjects were NOT PRINTED with.... AMERICAN BEAUTY 460....UZIT

Group A (35 subjects)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group B (28 subjects)

Group B of the 350/460 series includes 28 subjects which were printed and issued with these two 460-type backs (circa....Feb-Mar 1911).

Conversely, these 28 subjects were NOT PRINTED with....SWEET CAPORAL 460 Factory 25....SWEET CAPORAL 460 Factory 42....red HINDU....BROAD LEAF 460

Finally, regarding the 460-only series, only 29 of the 46 subjects in this series have been confirmed with the UZIT back. In fact, just these past 6 months, 2 new UZIT cards were
discovered. I acquired a UZIT card of McGraw (glove at hip). And, a Frill/UZIT was discovered (currently in Heritage's auction). So, the 460-only series is still a work in progress.

My UZIT checklist will be posted in the following post.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 11-18-2020 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Correct typo.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:22 PM
Ted Zanidakis

UZIT cards checklist......2 new finds have been added.....McGraw (glove at hip) and Frill.

The T206's with the UZIT back were issued in the Spring of 1911. The UZIT and the AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 backs
were printed together at the tail-end of the T206 press runs (circa..early 1911).

57 subjects with the UZIT back have been confirmed to date.

350/460 series...............................28 subjects

Berger
Bradley (bat)
Burch (fielding)
Cobb (bat off shoulder)
Conroy (bat)
Crawford (bat)
Jennings (one hand)
Jennings (two hands)
Jordan (bat)
Lajoie (bat)
Lake (no ball-St Louis)
Leach (cap)
Leifield (bat)
Manning (pitching)
McQuillan (bat)
Mullin (bat)
Overall (yellow sky)
Pelty (vertical)
Pfeister (throwing)
F. Smith (Chicago & Boston)
Steinfeldt (bat)
Tinker (bat off)
Wagner (bat on right shoulder)
Doc White (pitching)
Wilhelm (bat)
Willetts
Willis (bat)
Wiltse (pitching)

I am 100% confident that the above list of 28 of the 350/460 subjects is complete (as it coincides with the confirmed
list of AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 subjects for the 350/460 series).

460-only series..............................29 subjects

Abbaticchio (blue sleeves)
Ball (Cleveland)
Bell (follow thru)
Bridwell (portrait-cap)
Howie Camnitz (arms up)
Harry Camnitz (arms side)
Chance (bat)
Chase (trophy)
Crandall (portrait-cap)
Frill
Geyer
Herzog (Boston)
Lake (ball-St Louis)
Latham
Marquard (follow thru)
McGraw (portrait-cap)
McGraw (glove at hip)
Merkle (throwing)
Murray (portrait)
Oldring (bat)
Overall (blue sky)
Schaefer (Washington)
Schlei (portrait)
Schlei (bat)
Schulte (back view)
Seymour (portrait)
Sheckard
Tinker (bat on)
Wiltse (portrait-cap)

The 460-only series list is still a work in progress....more UZIT cards from this series are expected to be discovered.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 06-21-2017 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Correct typo.