NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Banned

Default Brooklyn Dodgers photo John Rogers LOA

Just bought this 1952 Brooklyn Dodgers Type 1 and it comes with this LOA which Ive never seen before. I know the situation about Rogers but has anyone seen these LOA's like this

Old 05-08-2017, 02:12 PM

Default Train Wreck!

Why the hell would you ask me what photos I have and then you ask to see images of them and then say I will buy one or two of them, then never hear from you again??? You are a piece of work Joey and I am very tired of your act. I wasted my time describing them to you, taking pictures of them for you, you agree to buy two of them, then one of them, and then you fall off the face of the earth? Buyer beware everyone, do not trust Joey.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Banned

Lol..Bob I was trying to do more research on a couple of the photos before I sent the money. Are u really butt hurt over $300???? Seriously??? And just because I didnt respond when you wanted me to you throw a tantrum and go on this crazy rant. I was looking into thos photos more since you lied and told me your 39 williams photo was a Type 1 when it clearly says wirephoto...smh

Last edited by JoeyFarino; 05-08-2017 at 02:30 PM. Reason: more info
Old 05-08-2017, 02:33 PM

Default Jerk

Its not the money Joey, its respect for my time and getting back to me. Its called common courtesy so when you commit to someone and then you dont answer them, maybe you will learn your lesson
Old 05-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Banned

Bob you told me they were all Type 1's. One was a wirephoto and the other was a restrike so I didnt pull the trigger because it made me question the other ones
Old 05-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Dan Bretta

Did you happen to tell Bob any of that info before ceasing communication with him?
Old 05-08-2017, 03:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Did you happen to tell Bob any of that info before ceasing communication with him?
No I was waiting to hear back from a buddy about the others. I see his point but to ruin my thread over a private issue is something a little kid would do
Old 05-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyFarino View Post
No I was waiting to hear back from a buddy about the others. I see his point but to ruin my thread over a private issue is something a little kid would do
Well, if you're going to ignore his private communications what do you want him to do?
Old 05-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well, if you're going to ignore his private communications what do you want him to do?
He sent me a text yesterday saying he wasnt going to sell me anything anymore. I didnt expect him to throw a tantrum
Old 05-08-2017, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
And I didnt expect bob to tell me his photos were all Type 1's when it was clearly marked wirephoto and the other robinson was a restrike
Old 05-08-2017, 03:33 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
He sent me a text yesterday saying he wasnt going to sell me anything anymore. I didnt expect him to throw a tantrum
Well clearly you've made him mad. Perhaps you shouldn't have asked him for scans, told him you'd buy some of them and then ignored him. You don't think you owed him any explanation of why you had changed your mind?
Old 05-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
And I didnt expect bob to tell me his photos were all Type 1's when it was clearly marked wirephoto and the other robinson was a restrike
So you didn't even think to tell him this is why you had decided not to buy the photos? Instead you ignored him.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well clearly you've made him mad. Perhaps you shouldn't have asked him for scans, told him you'd buy some of them and then ignored him. You don't think you owed him any explanation of why you had changed your mind?
I texted him saturday and told him I'd get back to him. Clearly he's mad but didnt he was gonna turn into a diva
Old 05-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
I texted him saturday and told him I'd get back to him. Clearly he's mad but didnt he was gonna turn into a diva
You'd be better served to not resort to ad-hominen attacks on Bob considering your past history here.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
You'd be better served to not resort to ad-hominen attacks on Bob considering your past history here.
No disrespect but its honestly not your business. This is between me and Bob. If you were involved I'd understand. But Bob's a big boy. This isnt high school
Old 05-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Banned

Bob this couldve been us

Old 05-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
No disrespect but its honestly not your business. This is between me and Bob. If you were involved I'd understand. But Bob's a big boy. This isnt high school
Ironically this wouldn't be an issue if you had acted honorably to begin with.

btw you don't get to decide what is and isn't my business on a forum that I moderate. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ironically this wouldn't be an issue if you had acted honorably to begin with.

btw you don't get to decide what is and isn't my business on a forum that I moderate. Thanks.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Banned

Didn't mean to post twice.

Last edited by RedsFan1941; 05-08-2017 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Banned

a guy gets called out for not honoring a deal and his answer is to post what he thinks are funny photos? Interesting.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
How can it not a be moderator's business when a board member doesn't honor a deal, especially when that member has had issues on the board before?
Because it had NOTHING to do with him and he doesnt know the whole story. Bob is a big boy so we can deal with it not the whole f**kin forum
Old 05-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Jeremy W.

Big boys communicate with each other, promptly.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Because it had NOTHING to do with him and he doesnt know the whole story. Bob is a big boy so we can deal with it not the whole f**kin forum
Interesting. You had a problem with a guy and brought it to the board. Which didn't go well for you.

http://net54baseball.com/showthread....ght=farino+bst

Your history in dealing with people in this hobby is shaky at best. Are you still banned from the BST? I had to chuckle the other day when you sent me a PM about my book that could have been posted in the thread you started, and then followed up with an inquiry to purchase it. I just figure now that most posts you start are your way of posting a wanted to buy ad and are not a genuine effort to learn and share.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyW View Post
Big boys communicate with each other, promptly.
Promptly huh??? So if you dont respond right away youre not a man??? interesting
Old 05-08-2017, 04:33 PM

You can sling names all you want, the truth is That I don't want others to sell to you or think that they are selling to you any longer.

Also, you can tell the character of a person when something like this happens and instead of discussing it like an adult, you resort to name calling and sophomoric replies.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Interesting. You had a problem with a guy and brought it to the board. Which didn't go well for you.

http://net54baseball.com/showthread....ght=farino+bst

Your history in dealing with people in this hobby is shaky at best. Are you still banned from the BST? I had to chuckle the other day when you sent me a PM about my book that could have been posted in the thread you started, and then followed up with an inquiry to purchase it. I just figure now that most posts you start are your way of posting a wanted to buy ad and are not a genuine effort to learn and share.
I did send you a PM about your book....And??? You responded back and never once said any of this or "chuckled". Are you Bob's translator? You must be real bored
Old 05-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfreedman View Post
You can sling names all you want, the truth is That I don't want others to sell to you or think that they are selling to you any longer.

Also, you can tell the character of a person when something like this happens and instead of discussing it like an adult, you resort to name calling and sophomoric replies.
Lol...Bob you literally showed me a 1939 ted williams photo that had "wirephoto" on the back and said it was a Type 1. You also showed me another photo that was a restrike claiming all were Type 1's which made be suspicious right away so wanted to further investigate the rest which were majority blank backs. Im questioning your intentions for lying to me
Old 05-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
I did send you a PM about your book....And??? You responded back and never once said any of this or "chuckled". Are you Bob's translator? You must be real bored
I thought it was odd that you would PM me to ask me what year the book was written when that could have been asked on your thread. When you followed up with a query to buy it I chuckled because it was clear to me that your thread was just a disguised want ad. Now I'm not sure how you can know if I chuckled or not unless you have my house bugged.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 05-08-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Banned

And dont even try and say you didnt know. Youve handled and seen enough photos to know the difference. I told you saturday I'd get back to you and asked if you had any other photos. Sounds like you just wanted to be a diva and get everyone involved. Well played
Old 05-08-2017, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
I though it was odd that you would PM me to ask me what year the book was written when that could have been asked on your thread. When you followed up with a query to buy it I chuckled because it was clear to me that your thread was just a disguised want ad. Now I'm not sure how you can know if I chuckled or not unless you have my house bugged.
Wrong I saw something interesting and asked if you would consider selling it. Sooooooo your point is????
Old 05-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Wrong I saw something interesting and asked if you would consider selling it. Sooooooo your point is????
Are you still banned from the BST?
Old 05-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Banned

Old 05-08-2017, 04:57 PM

I already told you that was my mistake when you texted me your F Bomb laced text message
Old 05-08-2017, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
I already told you that was my mistake when you texted me your F Bomb laced text message
ONLY when i called you out
Old 05-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
You sent me numerous messages about it and not once did you say anything
Old 05-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Banned

Bob I wouldve gotten back to you eventually but was doing more research on the others because I simply didnt trust your word on them being Type 1's. It wasnt fast enough for you so you chose to be a diva and cry to everyone on the forum
Old 05-09-2017, 12:49 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Just bought this 1952 Brooklyn Dodgers Type 1 and it comes with this LOA which Ive never seen before. I know the situation about Rogers but has anyone seen these LOA's like this
I have John Rogers LOA's like that - mine simply said that the photo came from a scrapbook belonging to a certain players' estate. I have had letters before that came from infamous hobbyists - you have to make the decision as to whether or not it is worth advertising when you attempt to sell or trade the piece. For instance, I used to have an item that was definitely authentic, right down to photo-matching; however, it once belonged to Barry Halper and had a letter from him, signed. The seller didn't mention this, but included it anyway. I thought it added an interesting parameter to the piece, as I had enough supporting evidence as to its authenticity.

Same thing for my Rogers letters - they indicate where the pieces came from, but really don't provide any other authentication. If Rogers claimed something was 'Type I' and I needed a letter, I would get someone else to look at it and then toss Rogers' letter.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I have John Rogers LOA's like that - mine simply said that the photo came from a scrapbook belonging to a certain players' estate. I have had letters before that came from infamous hobbyists - you have to make the decision as to whether or not it is worth advertising when you attempt to sell or trade the piece. For instance, I used to have an item that was definitely authentic, right down to photo-matching; however, it once belonged to Barry Halper and had a letter from him, signed. The seller didn't mention this, but included it anyway. I thought it added an interesting parameter to the piece, as I had enough supporting evidence as to its authenticity.

Same thing for my Rogers letters - they indicate where the pieces came from, but really don't provide any other authentication. If Rogers claimed something was 'Type I' and I needed a letter, I would get someone else to look at it and then toss Rogers' letter.
Thank you for the info. I appreciate it
Old 05-15-2017, 04:47 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post

Rogers is about to spend many years in jail for fraud relating to such photos so I'm pretty certain his LOA's are good solely for toilet paper or fish wrapping.