NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-08-2014, 11:16 AM
Jeff Huerter

Default New member here

My name is Jeff and this is going to be fun. I collected cards very heavily as a kid. Then got back into it as an adult. I had some pretty good early cards from the 50's and early 60's of J Robinson, Willie Mays, Aaron and a few others like them. I had all the newer (at the time) good rookies like Jeter, Griffey, A-Rod and etc.

Unfortunately, I sold everything because I just couldn't keep up with all the cards coming out. It got to be too much. So, I started collecting game used items and will continue to do so.

However, I really enjoy the old cards. They are much more rare and mean so much more than the hundreds of thousands of cards made every year. So that is something I am looking to start collecting and enjoying; one day passing it all to my youngest son who loves sports.

I joined because I need to learn about what I am buying first. I know this site will give me the knowledge I need.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Daryl

Welcome aboard Jeff. Go ahead and bookmark these to get started:

http://www.net54baseball.com/search.php

http://oldcardboard.com/
Old 01-08-2014, 03:11 PM

Default welcome aboard!!

buy a few T206 cards off ebay....you will love them!!

email or pm me for help

peace

Johnny V
Old 01-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Jeff Huerter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
Welcome aboard Jeff. Go ahead and bookmark these to get started:

http://www.net54baseball.com/search.php

http://oldcardboard.com/
Got it and done!
Old 01-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Jeff Huerter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvster View Post
buy a few T206 cards off ebay....you will love them!!

email or pm me for help

peace

Johnny V
I've been looking. Just trying to pinpoint the exact ones I want to start with! Thanks for the offer of help!

Last edited by sportsnbikes; 01-08-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
Unfortunately, I sold everything because I just couldn't keep up with all the cards coming out. It got to be too much. So, I started collecting game used items and will continue to do so.
Welcome, I recognize your name from GUU.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Jeff Huerter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
Welcome, I recognize your name from GUU.
Yep! I actually heard of this site on there. I'm expanding. LOL.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:43 PM

Default Jeff.......

YOU will LOve them and this site..........start out with a beater HOF....pm or email me....or a common....I will help you
Old 01-09-2014, 03:21 AM
Bill Gregory

Welcome aboard, Jeff!

It sounds like you're in the same boat I was. I returned to the hobby about four years ago, and immediately felt like a hamster running on a squeaky wheel trying to keep up with all the new issues. I still collect some modern cards, but I have found pre-war collecting to be much more enjoyable.

I know you said you were still trying to pinpoint what you want to collect. My advice is take your time. Look around, and don't be afraid to ask questions. This place has some of the nicest, and most knowledgeable hobby enthusiasts you'll ever find. Just remember, too, that there is no right or wrong way to collect. Collect what you love.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. My message box is always open.

Have fun! I look forward to seeing what you end up doing.

Bill

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Welcome Jeff. If you can't make your mind up on what to collect you can always be a type collector, like myself and some others, and collect all of them. I have always liked variety and type collecting fills that niche in our hobby. There are an endless number of ways to collect and reading this board you will see a ton of them. Happy collecting and good luck in the hunt!!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:27 AM
Barry Arnold

Default newbie

welcome aboard!
great having you with us.
all the best,
barry
Old 01-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Jeff Huerter

Thanks everyone for the very nice responses and the offers of help. I made a trip to the local card store today to root around in their cards and get a few ideas of what I may like. All of the stuff I saw was graded stuff. I think I'd rather perfect the skill of picking up non-graded cards and getting them graded myself or not at all. There is just something about never being able to physically hold the item in my hand.