NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 08:20 PM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli View Post
Sounds great. I'd be curious to see that myself, since the letter carrier picks up the mail from the box just outside this office every afternoon. If you post the check, which I hope you do, I'd appreciate if you'd obscure the bank account number.

-Al

I wish you were as concerned for me receiving my winnings as you are with this thread...

Ill block out all confidential info... Al

Frank

T206 Camnitz (HAH) EPDG or Tolstoi
T206 E Collins
T206 Joss Portrait
T206 Red Cobb
Old 01-08-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botport View Post
I will scan a copy of the envelope and postmark to this thread when it arrives...
Frank, Al has proven to the vast majority of this board about his being a stand up auction house owner and person. You are treating him like he is the guy with socks on the floor holding up a superimposed T206 Wagner for sale.

You will find the board are overwhelmingly on his side. Sorry you have had some issues...stuff happens, and it is the true test of a man's character how they handle it.

Brian Park:er
Old 01-08-2018, 08:27 PM
Tom Boblitt

I've bid in most all of Al's auctions and received everything timely. I think he came on the thread and agreed with everything you said, apologized, and continues to want to make it right. I guess, at what point will you be happy? Hopefully you'll get the check soon or take the PayPal and cut your losses. I've had issues with auction houses in the past too, but at some point, beating the dead horse doesn't make it deader. Hope it's cleared up in the next day or two for you. You seem like you don't believe that he's done what he said he had done......

Last edited by autograf; 01-08-2018 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Great auction ? ... Does that mean losing buyers cards?

Sorry I disagree.

East coast snow... ok true... I am dealing with that also but have within the last 5 days confirmed deliveries from PA to MN and NJ.
I had an auction a few years ago where someone accidentally sent me the wrong card. Not LOTG. A more valuable card. I made it right. Took some time.
Sometimes things happen. No one is perfect.
As far as I know Al has one other person working with him. It it was a mistake, once you get your check you are in no worse position than you were the day before the auction started. I'd suggest taking a deep breath and calm down. Not saying I wouldn't be frustrated to but this will be made right.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 01-08-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:32 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
I wish you were as concerned for me receiving my winnings as you are with this thread...

Ill block out all confidential info... Al

Frank
If you and Jake would like a list of auction houses that are run by people who have been in jail, defrauded little old ladies out of their retirement on TV, allow consigners to bid on their own items, have molested children, or are known to trim/soak cards, I'd be happy to send it to you so you can make sure you don't support the real criminals in this hobby either.

If the worse thing Al ever does is mistakenly put a lot in someone else's package and then makes it right, I think I can live with that.

Jeff Payne
Old 01-08-2018, 08:34 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Frank, Al has proven to the vast majority of this board about his being a stand up auction house owner and person. You are treating him like he is the guy with socks on the floor holding up a superimposed T206 Wagner for sale.

You will find the board are overwhelmingly on his side. Sorry you have had some issues...stuff happens, and it is the true test of a man's character how they handle it.

Brian Park:er
Almost forgot about that guy. Hard to believe it has been so long.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 39B9878A-9C5E-4B69-902B-65F79DC20CA4.jpg (13.8 KB, 961 views)

Currently collecting:
T206 (99/524)

"The kid doesn't chew tobacco, smoke, drink, curse or chase broads. I don't see how he can possibly make it."
- Richie Ashburn
Old 01-08-2018, 08:37 PM

Ive consigned and bid in every one of Als auctions since day one. Saying hes top notch is an understatement. Sorry this happened to you, but he will work hard to make it right.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:40 PM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Default To Steve...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I had an auction a few years ago where someone accidentally sent me the wrong card. Not LOTG. A more valuable card. I made it right. Took some time.
Sometimes things happen. No one is perfect.
As far as I know Al has one other person working with him. It it was a mistake, once you get your check you are in no worse position than you were the day before the auction started. I'd suggest taking a deep breath and calm down. Not saying I wouldn't be frustrated to but this will be made right.

PS. "My sad experience" is a tad melodramatic, no?

Steve.. I have always appreciated your comments, that's why I will respond to you. There is no need to 'take a breath' ... 'calm down' as you say... I've only relayed facts...

FH

T206 Camnitz (HAH) EPDG or Tolstoi
T206 E Collins
T206 Joss Portrait
T206 Red Cobb
Old 01-08-2018, 08:41 PM
Eric Perry

Add me to the list of Net54 members who have had nothing but positive experiences with LOTG. I am confident that Al will make this right.

Currently collecting:
T206 (99/524)

"The kid doesn't chew tobacco, smoke, drink, curse or chase broads. I don't see how he can possibly make it."
- Richie Ashburn
Old 01-08-2018, 08:42 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Steve.. I have always appreciated your comments, that's why I will respond to you. There is no need to 'take a breath' ... 'calm down' as you say... I've only relayed facts...

FH
I understand your frustration. It sucks when something doesn't go as it should. None of are in the hobby to get more aggravation in our lives.

But he is a good guy.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 01-08-2018 at 08:45 PM.
Closed Thread