NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-16-2016, 07:01 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Default Babe ruth on ebay

So theres a churchman babe ruth on ebay. Graded sgc 60 with a BIN of $1150.

Now im not going to say its not worth the price but.... The seller should at least peal off the sticker that says $350 on the slab.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/112076123759?_mwBanner=1
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:27 PM
Rowbeartoe Toemoss

Default Seller

Yeah that "Toppsaholic" guy..he's a real unit!
Old 08-16-2016, 09:18 PM
je.sse @rnot

So, how many cards do I get with my purchase?
Old 08-17-2016, 11:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post

Now im not going to say its not worth the price but.... The seller should at least peal off the sticker that says $350 on the slab.

That is kind of funny....
Old 08-17-2016, 11:25 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston7715 View Post
I heard he has a nice Green Cobb for sale.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:50 PM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Default greetings

Quote:

hello evil king ! or should I say JKF ?

nice to find you here; guys FYI this user writes us a rude message on ebay about this churchman ruth having NO IDEA what other reason it could be listed that way. then when we ask for him to follow-up he is nowhere to be found/doesn't respond.
#1 you have waaaayyy too much time on your hands -- you write to us plus post it here?
#2 you are clueless as to what the purpose of that listing is which amuses us.
in fact the top 3 reasons it is posted that way couldn't even enter your brain
#3 you run for cover when called out which is even more funny
#4 I'm sure I will think of more

so I found you here. anything else you want to say ?

try posting pictures of all the fake T206's that ebay is allowing to be sold under the 'reprint' cat ? you could do that full time perhaps?

who is next?
see yall in Chicago missed u in ac
Old 08-18-2016, 05:52 PM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Default winston!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston7715 View Post

hello to the Oklahoma kid !

--cooperstown
Old 08-18-2016, 05:54 PM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Default ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I heard he has a nice Green Cobb for sale.
ben if youre lucky I will share the real green cobb source/info AFTER I am made whole.
youd be horrified if you knew AND youd say sorry to me.

see u in Chicago for sure I come in peace

who is next?
Old 08-18-2016, 08:02 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealToppsaholic View Post
hello evil king ! or should I say JKF ?

nice to find you here; guys FYI this user writes us a rude message on ebay about this churchman ruth having NO IDEA what other reason it could be listed that way. then when we ask for him to follow-up he is nowhere to be found/doesn't respond.
#1 you have waaaayyy too much time on your hands -- you write to us plus post it here?
#2 you are clueless as to what the purpose of that listing is which amuses us.
in fact the top 3 reasons it is posted that way couldn't even enter your brain
#3 you run for cover when called out which is even more funny
#4 I'm sure I will think of more

so I found you here. anything else you want to say ?

try posting pictures of all the fake T206's that ebay is allowing to be sold under the 'reprint' cat ? you could do that full time perhaps?

who is next?
see yall in Chicago missed u in ac
Lol, jkf? U r accusing me, a guy u dont know of being someone else? I Never wrote u on ebay- my user name is thetrueking on ebay. U can see that on my profile page. Do u even have a clue what your talking about?

Lol t206??? Rofl i dont like t206's never bought, sold or ever owned one. Jesh people here, as well as my many posts can show that.

Came across your listing as i collect ruth as well as t205s as my sig says. Thought it was funny so i posted it. Dont really care about it. Seems u do though
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.

Last edited by EvilKing00; 08-18-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:09 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
So, how many cards do I get with my purchase?
I'm still waiting for the answer to this . Can we focuse more in this ?
Old 08-18-2016, 08:34 PM
J@ohn B.ar#ne.s

This is exactly why I don't look at BINS and a great example of the crap clogging up e-bay.

Sold for $160 a year and a half ago. Now wants $1,150. 10X increase in value, wow!

Clearly trolling for a hapless millionaire or a clueless newbie.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:33 AM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Quote:
Lol, jkf? U r accusing me, a guy u dont know of being someone else? I Never wrote u on ebay- my user name is thetrueking on ebay. U can see that on my profile page. Do u even have a clue what your talking about?

Lol t206??? Rofl i dont like t206's never bought, sold or ever owned one. Jesh people here, as well as my many posts can show that.

Came across your listing as i collect ruth as well as t205s as my sig says. Thought it was funny so i posted it. Dont really care about it. Seems u do though
ok so I was wrong. TWO different people on the SAME night wrote to me on the same item that has been there for months.

I was wrong. what must have happened is you posted that info here and then SOME OTHER EBAY COP decided to see it for themselves so they found it and THEY were the one who wrote to me. sorry for assuming it was you even though it was you, indirectly. sorry godspeed
Old 08-20-2016, 08:38 AM
James
James Kin.chen

It was me that sent you the message through eBay. Maybe I could have worded it a little better but I did not think it was rude. I also did not think you would start harassing me through eBay. The first message below is what I sent to Matthew. The next 5 are responses he sent me.
James Kinchen

Edit to add: I have no reason or desire to talk to you on the phone.

1. You may want to remove the $350 sticker from the card before listing it for $1150 on eBay.

2. did it occur to you that is by design ? I love the random wise remarks strangers send while hiding behind keyboard

3. do u have so much time you need to be on net54 posting nonsense?

so I guess I need to make an account and go on there to set you straight in front of all your friends

there ar over 4 reasons this card is listed this way and you cant think of any of them

SOME THINGS ARENT POSTED ON EBAY TO HELP THEM SELL-- THERE ARE
OTHER MOTIVATIONS

plus you cant even afford the card; stop dreaming

are you available to speak via phone today ? I BET YOU $5 YOU ARE LACKING THE SPINE TO BE WILLING TO SPEAK TO US TODAY

ALISON & MATTHEW

4. jfk what time are you available ? we come in peace this is a friendship gesture ...please confirm your availability anytime Wednesday thanks Alison

5. where'd you go JFK ? u have time to type but not to speak? .... back surgery ? to fix your spine

6. where ru JFK ?? talk to me chief

Last edited by jfkheat; 08-20-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:30 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
It was me that sent you the message through eBay. Maybe I could have worded it a little better but I did not think it was rude. I also did not think you would start harassing me through eBay. The first message below is what I sent to Matthew. The next 5 are responses he sent me.
James Kinchen

1. You may want to remove the $350 sticker from the card before listing it for $1150 on eBay.

2. did it occur to you that is by design ? I love the random wise remarks strangers send while hiding behind keyboard

so I guess I need to make an account and go on there to set you straight in front of all your friends

there ar over 4 reasons this card is listed this way and you cant think of any of them

OTHER MOTIVATIONS

are you available to speak via phone today ? I BET YOU $5 YOU ARE LACKING THE SPINE TO BE WILLING TO SPEAK TO US TODAY

ALISON & MATTHEW

4. jfk what time are you available ? we come in peace this is a friendship gesture ...please confirm your availability anytime Wednesday thanks Alison

5. where'd you go JFK ? u have time to type but not to speak? .... back surgery ? to fix your spine

LOL that is funny. At least I am not the only one Matt and Allison are sending childish PMs to. I also don't get the call them BS either, why the hell would anybody want to talk to people like that.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:52 AM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Default exactly

Quote:
LOL that is funny. At least I am not the only one Matt and Allison are sending childish PMs to. I also don't get the call them BS either, why the hell would anybody want to talk to people like that.
you guys have waaaaay too much time on your hands and I highly doubt you ever surface in real life

has anyone here actually MET JFK or BEN ? did they go to atlantic city ?
I doubt it
Old 08-20-2016, 10:55 AM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Default jfk

JFK sees another guys post on the silly ruth pricetag and after seeing it he promptly goes to ebay to message us

so to be clear; a different guy sees the ruth and posts it here ... so JFK feels the need to run to ebay to message us. yet we are not to view it as rude?

then, in true spineless fashion he is not available anymore. drops one poopie message and then runs back here to tell all his 'friends' (most don't exist/ he has never met) -- pasting our messages? (and editing them)

so you have time to drop a rude message, blog here on it - but you wont call to SPEAK like a man and speak your piece?
typical -- now run and blog about it !!

Quote:
James Kinchen

OTHER MOTIVATIONS

ALISON & MATTHEW

Old 08-20-2016, 10:58 AM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Default $5

and you owe us $5 bucks ... you douche. (a name-call choice which is allowed here just don't do it in caps) ....

Quote:
James Kinchen

OTHER MOTIVATIONS

ALISON & MATTHEW

Old 08-20-2016, 12:33 PM

Default Hmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealToppsaholic View Post
you guys have waaaaay too much time on your hands and I highly doubt you ever surface in real life

has anyone here actually MET JFK or BEN ? did they go to atlantic city ?
I doubt it

...you know , now that you mention it , no one here has ever seen them both in the same room at the same time......

...and if we can get this thread all the way up to nine pages , I'll be forced to post a picture of a pre-war baseball card , as per the rules..

Old 08-20-2016, 12:50 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post
...you know , now that you mention it , no one here has ever seen them both in the same room at the same time......

...and if we can get this thread all the way up to nine pages , I'll be forced to post a picture of a pre-war baseball card , as per the rules..

No one has ever seen me because I used a fake name and location when I signed up. My name is really Sam Wiph and I live in Florida. I work at CC part time.

Also the 100+ times I have bought items on here is also fake. I have several STEALTH accounts and buy and sell to/from myself.

Not a baseball card but to keep it kind of on track I recently bought this signed Roger Clemens shirt. It is a 2X so I can wear it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clemens.jpg (77.2 KB, 294 views)
Old 08-20-2016, 03:16 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
No one has ever seen me because I used a fake name and location when I signed up. My name is really Sam Wiph and I live in Florida. I work at CC part time.

Also the 100+ times I have bought items on here is also fake. I have several STEALTH accounts and buy and sell to/from myself.

Not a baseball card but to keep it kind of on track I recently bought this signed Roger Clemens shirt. It is a 2X so I can wear it.
Ben, I can see your torso - what happened to the rest of ya?!
Old 08-20-2016, 03:21 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
Ben, I can see your torso - what happened to the rest of ya?!
I am incognito.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:19 PM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Quote:
I am incognito.
Richie ?

you should feel special Ben -- you got an exclusive invite its true
Old 12-14-2016, 07:02 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BABE-RUTH-BA...AAAOSwA4dWJulN

Remember this thread from 4 months ago?

Old 12-14-2016, 07:22 AM
Ben North

Quote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BABE-RUTH-BA...AAAOSwA4dWJulN

Remember this thread from 4 months ago?
There have been several threads on here about these scammers. I find it funny how many people that regularly read this forum stick up for them. The overpriced thread Leon started recently is about them also.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:24 PM
Bill Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackaJackKid View Post
I made him a reasonable offer on a Rube Marquard T206 he had for sale and he took it so maybe his prices are negotiable? He was ok by me.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:34 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmountainslim View Post
I made him a reasonable offer on a Rube Marquard T206 he had for sale and he took it so maybe his prices are negotiable? He was ok by me.
LOL you are lucky he accepted it instead of sending you harassing emails like he has others.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:27 PM
Bill Potter

Quote:
LOL you are lucky he accepted it instead of sending you harassing emails like he has others.
Marking that one down as luck then!
Old 12-15-2016, 08:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

He is at least below sticker price now!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BABE-RUTH-BA...3D112198073655

Quote:

Old 12-15-2016, 09:16 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
He is at least below sticker price now!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BABE-RUTH-BA...3D112198073655
lmao

Old 12-15-2016, 09:24 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
lmao
I always wonder how people expect to sell a card on eBay when there are a half dozen better graded and better looking cards listed for less money. I guess it happens. "No, I don''t' want the much better looking PSA 6. . . I'll take the 4 for $95 more."

Last edited by Snapolit1; 12-15-2016 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:20 AM

Very strange methods of marketing on ebay but, to each his own if it works for them. What baffles me though is how a seller could come on to the largest sports card web forum in the country and come across as a turd to the forum members. I don't think anybody's Marketing 101 endorses that philosophy.

Rob M