NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-11-2013, 09:54 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Old 08-11-2013, 11:18 PM
Bill Cohon

A number of years ago I had some correspondence with Bruce. He was polite, respectful, and generous with information. That's what I plan to remember.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Reap, sow, potato, potahto.

And everyone knows that the rooster came first.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 08-12-2013, 04:39 AM
Barry Sloate

This will be my last post on this thread, it's probably run its course by now anyway. First, thanks to Leon, Bill, and others for respecting my wishes and covering my back. I guess in a sense I am covering Bruce's back, too. It's the least I can do for a friend.

Of course I understand that many people here truly hated Bruce's venomous posts and personal attacks, and I did too. Some of them were simply jaw dropping. And I would never suggest anybody should pretend to like him if they truly don't. That would be phony.

But everyone does have the option not to post. If you were asked to deliver a eulogy for someone you didn't like, if you couldn't say something nice about him in front of a room full of mourners you would almost certainly decline to speak. You can do the same thing here. If you really didn't like the guy, just move on. Let the man truly rest in peace. Thank you.

Last edited by barrysloate; 08-12-2013 at 04:46 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:38 AM
Bruce C@rter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
This will be my last post on this thread, it's probably run its course by now anyway. First, thanks to Leon, Bill, and others for respecting my wishes and covering my back. I guess in a sense I am covering Bruce's back, too. It's the least I can do for a friend.

Of course I understand that many people here truly hated Bruce's venomous posts and personal attacks, and I did too. Some of them were simply jaw dropping. And I would never suggest anybody should pretend to like him if they truly don't. That would be phony.

But everyone does have the option not to post. If you were asked to deliver a eulogy for someone you didn't like, if you couldn't say something nice about him in front of a room full of mourners you would almost certainly decline to speak. You can do the same thing here. If you really didn't like the guy, just move on. Let the man truly rest in peace. Thank you.
Very well said. Just sorry there are people in this world that will never understand what you said.
Rest in Peace Bruce
Old 08-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Bill Cohon

A number of years ago I had some correspondence with Bruce. He was polite, respectful, and generous with information. That's what I plan to remember.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:14 AM
Rob

I received a flyer in the mail today that mentioned a significant Baseball Magazine collection that sold in the last REA auction. That is/was a great collection.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:57 AM
Ed McCollum

I must admit I was a bit shocked early on in this thread that Bruce's passing (or the passing of the Bruces') made the news in New York. I had no idea of who he was or what he did outside of his postings here on Network 54.

This is truly an amazing site, considering who you can rub elbows with every day that you would otherwise never meet.

Again, condolences to his family and friends.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:02 AM
Nath.aniel Gr.ow

I hope this doesn't come across as crass, but I was wondering if anyone knew what, if any, contingencies Bruce had in place for his collection? From the sounds of it, he had a number of pieces that I'd love to see sometime (whether in a museum or auction catalog), and obviously he didn't post a lot of photos of his collection online.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
I received a flyer in the mail today that mentioned a significant Baseball Magazine collection that sold in the last REA auction. That is/was a great collection.
That was Bruce's?
Old 08-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Larry

Sorry to jump in so late, but I just heard of Bruce's passing via an Old Cardboard e-mail. Bruce was always controversial, but always immensely stimulating. EVERYONE has their pleasing and less pleasing aspects to their character, and I truly would have enjoyed meeting Bruce.

RIP,

Larry

Last edited by ls7plus; 08-19-2013 at 04:44 PM.