NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-19-2002, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Default Chicago Sun-Times Show

Posted By: petecld 

I found out last minute that i wasn't going to work the weekend so I'm sorry I didn't make any plans with board people to meet up like I wanted to.

OFFERINGS - If you've been to a Sun-Times show and didn't go, you didn't miss anything. I picked up from my usual tables a couple of E93s, a few E96s. My life would be sooooooo much easier if I collected T206 cards. My happiest find of the day was 2/3rds of an E3 Navy Caramels set!!! Not a lot of new material. Prices on N172 Old Judge cards seemed to be a bit lower over all then last time. Is the party over?, ending soon?

LOTS and LOTS of grumbling from dealers because the Sports-Fest show and the National are 6 weeks apart and in the same city.

SGC - Spent some time talking with the guys there and we discussed the "authentic" issue. I gave it my best shot. I think if done properly, it can work to EVERYONE'S benefit. Forgot to ask if they were hiring graders. Business seemed steady for them and semed to pick up as the afternoon progressed. I had the rest of my E92 Nadja St. Louis players graded just beacause I'm making a display of them and their holders are best.

AUTOGRAPHS - Wow! Long, long lines. Lots of local stars like the Bears' Brian Urelacher(sic) and Mike Ditka. Are all of those Joe D. autos I saw really real? Hey, just asking.

SCD - gave Bob Lemke a couple of un-catalogued Diaz cards for the 2003 guide.

GAI - Purposly check to see if they were busy. Checked back 6 times - 5 times - no one sitting in their chairs. One time 2 people were submitting cards. Beckett looked busy and so did PSA. I know, this was hardly a scientific study.

RIP-OFFS:
- $1.75 for a little glass of Coke 1/2 filled with ice.

- $11 parking, and $9 admission. You spend $20 and you haven't even seen Alan Rosen's smiley face at the front table.

That's my report folks. Anyone else go?

Old 03-19-2002, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Default Chicago Sun-Times Show

Posted By: Brian Hodes

I went too...Just on Friday night. I didn't really see anything interesting as far as I was concerned no nice T202s or T205s to upgrade and apart from some expensive Mayos virtually no 19th century. Not really that much other quality vintage (ie pre-WWI) either... I am certain the National (same place) will be much nicer.
My high points were completing my 1961 Topps set (which doesn't require a trip to Rosemont) and a rather edifying talk with some of the folks at SGC.