NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-16-2010, 07:55 PM

Default Will SGC slab a separated T202 as Authentic?

I've kind of been thinking of picking up The Athletic Infield center and having it graded by SGC because I like how it looks. Is it possible to do this or should I just get the whole card? If I end up having to get the whole card, I think I'll go for the Baker/Barry.
http://s241.photobucket.com/home/woundedduck/allalbums
Old 11-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default live a little :)

Splurge and get the whole card. You will be happier in the long run. Good luck in the quest.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Chris Counts

I've been tempted to pick up the T202 center panel for the A's infield, as well as the one where McGraw is shaking Bender's hand. I've seen each of them offered before in the $20 range. I've never been a big fan of the outer panels anyway, plus I always appreciate a good bargain on a vintage card ...
Old 11-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Phil Garry

I don't think that SGC will slab a piece, you would be much better off buying the whole card.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default collect the way you like to :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Counts View Post
I've been tempted to pick up the T202 center panel for the A's infield, as well as the one where McGraw is shaking Bender's hand. I've seen each of them offered before in the $20 range. I've never been a big fan of the outer panels anyway, plus I always appreciate a good bargain on a vintage card ...
I would certainly never "dis" on the way someone wants to collect. I just feel that the whole card is a better proposition, especially if you ever want to sell it. That being said I have seen the end panels be collected, and for good money, so why not? As long as you get it for a good price then, if it makes ya happy, by all means go for it. Heck, I am the last one to say how folks should collect. I would call SGC to get their response on grading of them though. I am not sure about if they will or won't.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:44 AM

Not sure about SGC. BVG will slab it as Authentic-Altered and label it as a single panel.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Geno W@gn&r

Default Prices for panels

I watch T202 prices pretty closely and can tell you that center panels generally go for $5-10. The end panels of commons are about the same. HOFers like Matty, Johnson, etc are $35-$50. Speaker a bit more, about $100 or so. Cobb usually goes for $150-$175 in nice shape.

Just my experience...I have a few T202s that are "built" from panels that I've accumulated.

Take Care,
Geno
Old 11-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Brian Dwyer

SGC will not slab individual panels of T202s.

Brian
Old 11-17-2010, 02:03 PM

If I were to build a set, T202 would definately be one that I'd consider and I'd love to go after every full card. Unfortunately, I've got a young family, TONS of school debt and not a lot of disposable income. Therefore, like was mentioned by someone else, I'm always looking for bargains and ways I can pick up stuff I like for less. To this point, this has meant picking up lower conditioned examples or even trimmed/altered cards to get stuff that I like but can still afford. Thanks for all the input.
http://s241.photobucket.com/home/woundedduck/allalbums
Old 11-17-2010, 03:06 PM
T0dd M@rcum

Not that I would do it, but I have wondered if they would slab skins. They are, after all, just cards with third degree back damage.