NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-04-2017, 10:29 AM

Default OT: Removing ink from paper/poster

Aside from collecting Cubs stuff, I've also gotten into collecting music autographs and posters. I got this concert poster of guitar player Roy Buchanan and it had ink handwriting in the bottom left hand corner. Was just curious if there was any way to safely remove the ink without leaving any discoloration?

Old 12-04-2017, 12:49 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Ask these guys:

http://www.postermountain.com/

They do fantastic work.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 12-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

I don't know if I would want to remove that writing. It is a listing of other stores in Lowell (MA) that had tickets for sale. It is part of the charm of the flyer/handbill much like the missing paper on the left. I would not think is it terribly valuable due to simple graphics and not big artists, though I saw James Montgomery perform a few times in the 1970's and early 1980's, so removal may not increase the value.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 12-04-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
I don't know if I would want to remove that writing. It is a listing of other stores in Lowell (MA) that had tickets for sale. It is part of the charm of the flyer/handbill much like the missing paper on the left. I would not think is it terribly valuable due to simple graphics and not big artists, though I saw James Montgomery perform a few times in the 1970's and early 1980's, so removal may not increase the value.
+1
Old 12-04-2017, 04:49 PM
Steve Birmingham

I'd leave it too.

And, oh for the days of being able to get concert tickets at a sub shop!
Old 12-04-2017, 08:12 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
I'd leave it too.

And, oh for the days of being able to get concert tickets at a sub shop!
That and the local record shop. Record Lane sounds familiar though I was in high school and did not travel to Lowell for records. At that time I would go to the Woolworth's and the local record stores in my city, Waltham. I was also going to Kenmore Square, near Fenway Park, to New England Music City, Strawberries, Nuggets and several other used record shops.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 12-05-2017, 08:48 AM
Steve Birmingham

I was a few years behind, and ticketmaster had pretty much ended the getting tickets from smaller shops. The record stores yes, but sub shops were out of it as far as I know.

The last ones I bought ended up being really funny. The outlet for the Centrum was maybe ticketron? ticket master? I forget which. The local place was Tower records which I really didn't want to go to. Tried Newbury Comics across the parking lot, and they didn't carry them. But when I said I hated tower and would almost skip the show rather than buy from them. (I could have just driven to Worcester, but that would mean taking a day off work) They looked up where the competitors other locations were. Good news! It was in Filenes in the mall across the street.
So I bought my Pantera/White Zombie tickets from the little old ladies at the filenes service counter. Of course they had to show where they were on the map of the centrum.
"Oh, here's a concert layout. Do you think they're playing in the round?"
"Ummmm.... Probably not"

And to get back on track, keep the writing. It's a really neat bit of history, and considering the venue size probably not at all common.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:36 AM

Thanks everybody for the input. Thinking I am just going to leave it as is.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:38 PM
M@rk Comer

Please leave as is. Just a cool looking item!