NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Tobacco (T) cards, except T206 B/S/T

Old 07-29-2010, 10:55 PM

Default T205 Set and More at My National Booth

If you jump to the Non Sports listing, you will find a listing of my new non sports acquisitions during 2010 which I will have at Booth 125P at the Baltimore National next week. Some of my new sports items include:

1- T205 set -- it's a great looking set that you can buy ungraded from me for grading. Check it out -- you will be surprised.

2- Best condition graded Toleteros -- Easter, Wilson, Perez, Collins, Fields, Easterling and more

3- Gorgeous graded Venezuelan Spahn. Many (Over 100) more Cuban rare older cards.

4- Japanese Kabaya Leaf graded and ungraded. Many other earleir Japanese cards.

5- Johnston Cookies unopened.

6- 50+ Unopened 1964 Standups packs -- stars showing Mantle, Clemente, Aaaron; Semistars - Boyer, Cepeda, Groat, etc.; Most single prints

7- Uncut 1941 Play Ball sheet 8 cards -- 6 are high numbers; 2 of those are stars -- Chuck Klein -- stunning condition.

8- Just picked up 1948-49 Leaf cards

9- Check out my T205's (over 200), T 206's (over 500), T210's (over 50, many Old Mill Series 8's), and many other early tobacco cards. I also now have 3 stunning Sawyer Biscuit cards.

10- Almost Forgot -- 1955 and 1960 Amour Coins -- many rare colors -- including light orange/peach Snider, lime green Snider, Yellow Snider, Black Snider, and more.

RARE Daley 1960 coin in a 1 of 1 color [/COLOR]-- PSA graded -- come see it on display -- but it is for sale.

Just too much to remember--

Steve Sabow
914-522-3853 cell
Booth 125 P
Dynamictwo@aol.com

Baltimore National
Old 07-30-2010, 04:27 AM
Barry Sloate

deleted as it has been moved to the proper section. Thank you

Last edited by barrysloate; 07-30-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:17 AM
Pup6913

pm sent
Old 07-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Matt E.
Banned

Steve,

Nice talking with you on the phone.

Looking forward to your email.

Matt
Old 07-30-2010, 07:37 PM

I posted the following at the Non sport site but it mostly relates to my baseball tobacco cards. Thanks and if you are as honest as I am then this should not offend you in any way. If not, such is life!

I would love to hear from some tobacco card dealers about their experiences as well.

Steve

National Dealers: How do you protect against Theft?
July 30 2010 at 9:20 PM
No score for this post Steve Sabow (Login Steve_NY)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've done 27 of the National shows and have noticed a large jump in people stealing things in the past few years as the economy went sour. Last year, I also only accepted checks from people who left the merchandise with me for future delivery--they paid the shipping and insurance. This years it's cash - or -checks with merchandise held -- no exceptions. Truthfully, most customers are fine with that.

This year, I have talked with my partner Mitch and we are also instituting a new policy: We will only help one customer each at a time. If we have merchandise from the showcase out for one customer, we will not help another customer until the finish of the current transaction. We will also not be handing large stacks of cards to anyone throughout the show. We will be limiting the number of cards that we remove from our showcases to 20 cards each in a stack that we provide to customers to review. We will be making sure that we get all 20 cards back.

My big beef is not with the non sports dealers or customers, my main beef is with some of the sports card dealers themselves (and some of their customers). In particular, the Tobacco card entusiasts. Without going into too much detail, they are very good at palming cards that they move to the top or bottom of the stack. I also know who they are -- so I'll be on alert for them. But there are many more from where they come from.

Anyone have any better ideas? How do you protect against theft from your booth at a large show such as the National?

Steve
Old 07-31-2010, 10:46 PM

I've added the following today to bring with me to the National:

TOBACCO CARDS:
1- T201s, T202s, T200s, and T222's (7-10) including a clean
VERY RARE Lelivelt (#25)

2- B-18 Blankets Pillow case with Huggins Yellow Pennants (9 players sewed in)

Non - Tobacco:

3- Wheaties 100 years of Baseball set (with Casey at the Bat)

4- 1930s Matchbooks (Hockey -- unused)

5- Watches -- Ruth; Mantle, Maris 1961; Mantle Maris with Koufax 1962; Footbal 1962; Football 1963

6- Many more nonsports items too.

Steve Sabow
National Booth 125P
914-522-3853 Cell