NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-04-2017, 08:27 PM

I always thought these were kind of neat, but never really appreciated them fully. Your display, with the dark background, allows these to really stand out visually. Extremely well done.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:43 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by icollectDCsports View Post
I always thought these were kind of neat, but never really appreciated them fully. Your display, with the dark background, allows these to really stand out visually. Extremely well done.
+1

I also enjoyed the link to your Tastee Freeze collection.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:23 PM
J0n@th@n P@rker

Great display!! I pick up a tastee freeze statue now and then, love the way you display them with the advertisement.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:40 PM
Marty

Thanks! The booklet is pretty neat. From what I understand, the individual figures were sold rubber banded to a card, and the boxed sets of 7 included the booklet that contained a page for each card. I don't have the booklet yet, but I will grab one eventually I think!
Old 12-06-2017, 09:46 AM
Mike

That is an outstanding collection.

Mike
Old 12-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Robert Gould Statues

Hi Marty:

GREAT looking display. You and I are soul brothers with the figurals! I started on the Goulds, Big League and Tastee Freez about a year ago. Still looking for a few.

Namely Gould Kluzewski and Zernial and Big League Replacements for Hodges and Snider.

Below are a few oddball things and an ad from Walgreens in Chicago from September 24, 1959 I found researching something else I will be posting about later.

First the ad. As you will read they sold four "generic" golden Gould's, a catcher, pitcher, fielder and batter on an ivory base. Strange the ad says the statues are "golden" while Marty's and the Mays and Thompson below are chrome/silver. Marty, what does the plaque say on yours? The reason I ask about the plaque is because if you look at one of the photos below the plaque on the Thompson says:

Souvenir 1959 World Series Chicago vs. SAN FRANCISCO.

Of course the White Sox played the Dodgers in the Series. Strangely the plaque in the ad states: Chicago White Sox American League Champs 1959. So I wonder if there are different plaques?

You will also see a chrome/silver Mays on an ivory base with no plaque, neither the Thompson or Mays has the players name on the base.

So it appears the Walgreen generic catcher is the Burgess, the batter is Mays, the fielder is Thompson. Now we have to find a pitcher on the ivory base to see which pitcher they used.

Others shown are a chrome/silver Ashburn with name atop a brown base with the plaque engraved " St. Columba 1961", a solid red (???) Porterfield no name, a gold Ashburn with his name.

Hopefully others can add info on these.

Fred
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2259.jpg (75.7 KB, 562 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2258.jpg (73.0 KB, 560 views)
File Type: jpg Gould3.JPG (28.6 KB, 552 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2257.jpg (70.5 KB, 560 views)
File Type: jpg Gould 1.JPG (38.1 KB, 553 views)
File Type: jpg Walgreens ad 2_000188.jpg (89.5 KB, 565 views)
Old 12-09-2017, 07:55 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Hi Marty:

GREAT looking display. You and I are soul brothers with the figurals! I started on the Goulds, Big League and Tastee Freez about a year ago. Still looking for a few.

Namely Gould Kluzewski and Zernial and Big League Replacements for Hodges and Snider.

Below are a few oddball things and an ad from Walgreens in Chicago from September 24, 1959 I found researching something else I will be posting about later.

First the ad. As you will read they sold four "generic" golden Gould's, a catcher, pitcher, fielder and batter on an ivory base. Strange the ad says the statues are "golden" while Marty's and the Mays and Thompson below are chrome/silver. Marty, what does the plaque say on yours? The reason I ask about the plaque is because if you look at one of the photos below the plaque on the Thompson says:

Souvenir 1959 World Series Chicago vs. SAN FRANCISCO.

Of course the White Sox played the Dodgers in the Series. Strangely the plaque in the ad states: Chicago White Sox American League Champs 1959. So I wonder if there are different plaques?

You will also see a chrome/silver Mays on an ivory base with no plaque, neither the Thompson or Mays has the players name on the base.

So it appears the Walgreen generic catcher is the Burgess, the batter is Mays, the fielder is Thompson. Now we have to find a pitcher on the ivory base to see which pitcher they used.

Others shown are a chrome/silver Ashburn with name atop a brown base with the plaque engraved " St. Columba 1961", a solid red (???) Porterfield no name, a gold Ashburn with his name.

Hopefully others can add info on these.

Fred
OMG, those prices!

As a Giants collector, I love the Giants faux pas.