NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-05-2007, 05:42 AM
Administrator

Default Anyone else notice PAYPAL delayed payments ?

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

I usually pay an Ebay item I won within an hour via PayPal. Recently, I've noticed that the last five Ebay lots, that I have won, have
taken up to 7 days to be paid by PayPal. I checked-out lots I won back in September....PayPal paid them within a day, or two.

Consequently, with this recent PayPal delay, items have taken over 2 weeks to arrive in my PO box.

Has anyone else experienced this PayPal delay ?

TED Z

Old 12-05-2007, 05:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

I have an issue now with a seller who claims he refunded my payment on Sunday but no indication has been made in my account yet and no email tot aht extent was sent by Paypal.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Ted-

It sounds like you may be making payment via e-check through Paypal...not sure if you switched something around in your settings or not.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ed McCollum

I transfered some funds from our checking account into my PayPal account the Monday after Thanskgiving. It says to allow 3-5 days for this to occur. The money left the checking account on 26th, but didn't show up in my PayPal account until overnight this morning. Luckily/Hopefully, the parties awaiting payment have been patient. I've done this before with never more than a two day wait.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

Ted,
I have won about 4 or 5 auctions per day on eBay for the past week and have not noticed such a delay. I have paid via paypal with funds currently in my paypal account. When you pay, do funds have to be transferred from your bank account to your paypal account first? If so, this may be the reason for the delay.

Marty

Old 12-05-2007, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

When I get paid by e-checks it always includes a notice that it might take 3-4 days for the check to clear. That could be it.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Funds are transferred from my Bank account. I check my bank account every day and the funds were withdrawn immediately
from my bank to pay these recent (delayed payment) lots. So, I ask....what is PayPal doing with my funds for 7 days ?

I first realized this (delayed) problem by emailing the sellers......asking what happened to the card(s) I won from them. Their
response was that PayPal either...."has not yet paid me"....or, "haven't been paid yet". Here is a link to a recent lot I won to
illustrate my problem.....compare lot ENDED date vs PayPal PAID date.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/T206-5-Card-Lot-Leach-Reagan-Chesbro-Warhop-Seymour_W0QQitemZ200174823405

I've not changed anything in my PayPal account in years. Also, recall I said this problem never existed as recent as this past
September.

TED Z

Old 12-05-2007, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

My Paypal account is tied directly to my checking account (I know, I know. A dangerous set-up. Sort of like an alcoholic having an IV drip of vodka.)

Mine seems to be an instantaneous transfer of funds to the seller. In the last week, I have received acknowledging emails from the three different sellers within minutes of the payment.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason Carota

Even if you use direct transfer, if you have a CC on file that expires, all direct transfers switch to e-check. Once the CC on file is updated with a new expiration date, direct transfers are instantaneous again.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

Ted,

I just remembered.... I had to refund some funds a few weeks back and didn't have enough at the time in my paypal account so I had to transfer funds from my bank account.  As I recall, it took a few days for this transfer to occur.   I remember it being odd that the transfer took a few days vs an immediate transfer.  Because it was a refund vs a payment on my behalf is probably why I didn't pay as much attention to it. 

So its not happening to just you...

I think Jason may have hit on something, I need to check my cc on file with paypal.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Ted- I'm sure there is a way to contact Paypal and ask them to explain it.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Steinberg

This "delay" has happened with me lately as well (one isolated incident).

Paypal makes it difficult to locate a phone # (as I'm sure they prefer on-line problem resolution), but the number for PayPal Assistance is (888) 221-1161.

You may be on hold for a while, but it will definitely get through to a "live person". Their Customer Service Reps have been quite helpful to me in the past. Hope this helps!

Old 12-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ron Lambert

Ted

The same thing started happening to me in late October and I realized that the credit card I had on file with PayPal had expired. When the backup payment method becomes invalid, they auto switch you to echecks that can take up to 7 calendar days to clear in my experience.

Hope that helps.

Ron

Old 12-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

Its funny you brought this up. I bought a fairly expensive card about a week ago (BIN) and paid right away with PayPal ($100 PayPal balance, rest bank transfer) and it shows that the purchase is complete and I even got feedback from the seller (card should be here any day). But checking my bank records I cant find where they took the $$ out. This is the first time Ive noticed this. Transfer was for $1500 so Im sure it would be noticeable on my bank balance. Still waiting for it to get subtracted. I always though they were instant.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Thanx guys for the help in this matter.....and, thanx Mark S. for their Tel. #.

TED Z

Old 12-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: sagard

Was it the credit card deal?

Old 12-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Administrator

No credit card involved........several years ago I was hit with credit card identity theft. Since then I have not used credit cards on
computer transactions of any kind.

My PayPal account funds were depleted. So, PayPal defaulted me, by paying with "echecks" from my bank account. The 7-day delay
on my two recent ebay transactions were that long due to intervening Veterans Day and Thanksgiving Holidays.

Normally, they said it should nott take any more than 4 days.

TED Z

Old 12-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

www.paypalsucks.com