NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-15-2014, 02:29 AM
Dustin

Default Huge shotout to Robert Edwards Auctions...

I would like to send a special thank you to Dean Faragi at Robert Edwards Auctions. Dean sent me a bunch of past REA auction books at my request. I asked for them because I would like to learn more about the vintage/americana hobby and market and Dean did not question me or even say no. I expected one or two books, but Dean sent out 7 of them I do believe. I am a poor college student who has no chance of purchasing anything from the books until after medical school and they still sent them out and helped me.

Thank you to the people of REA because you helped bring another member over to the Vintage/Americana collecting due to your generosity. I sincerely thank you guys.

-Dustin

Last edited by Mountaineer; 07-15-2014 at 04:05 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:54 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Good folks over there
Old 07-15-2014, 06:45 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Very nice of them to help out......Kudos to REA.....
Old 07-15-2014, 07:09 AM
qualitycards

7 REA catalogs are a collection all to themself.
I get a ton of auction catalogs a year and give away the majority due to space limitations.
But I always save the REA's
Good for them for sending you that many, the box must have weighed a ton.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:09 AM

Default catalog

'tis nice indeed. I'm still waiting on my Spring catalog, but maybe 7 years from now I will get them all in one bunch.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:12 AM
Dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyBurgess View Post
'tis nice indeed. I'm still waiting on my Spring catalog, but maybe 7 years from now I will get them all in one bunch.
I received all these catalogs on Friday, but the newest Spring one was not included. I don't believe they are done putting it together yet.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:55 AM
Pete Sycks

They are great people at REA. Just don't throw your back out trying to carry around those 7 monsters all at once.

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's
Old 07-15-2014, 12:22 PM

Default dustin, what years did they send you??

Just curious what years they sent you--a couple years ago I emailed rob asking for a few older ones I didnt have to fill the holes in my run and he told me they didnt have any more of them; finding it somewhat odd that a couple years later they now have some, and I spend a lot of $$ with them!!
Old 07-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonmarathonman View Post
Just curious what years they sent you--a couple years ago I emailed rob asking for a few older ones I didnt have to fill the holes in my run and he told me they didnt have any more of them; finding it somewhat odd that a couple years later they now have some, and I spend a lot of $$ with them!!
I believe it was 07-13 they sent.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:55 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
What's the old saying..."no good deed goes unpunished" I think were about to see that play out.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:58 PM

Default thanks dustin!

Thanks dustin; if you can just verify that 2007 was definitely one of the ones you received that would be great; I specifically asked rob for that one over two years ago and he said they didnt have any more of them; maybe in the ensuing two years they found some....if thats the case, I am going to request one.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:34 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Quote:
Thanks dustin; if you can just verify that 2007 was definitely one of the ones you received that would be great; I specifically asked rob for that one over two years ago and he said they didnt have any more of them; maybe in the ensuing two years they found some....if thats the case, I am going to request one.
Trust me, having a commerical warehouse of endless boxes and skids of stuff, we find items we thought were long gone.

It's also possible that the printer found leftovers and sent them back to REA.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:40 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
what's the old saying..."no good deed goes unpunished" i think were about to see that play out.
lol.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:46 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
What's the old saying..."no good deed goes unpunished" I think were about to see that play out.
Nice.

Good topic for a thread: "Bad things auction houses have done to me that are semi-related to good things they have done for others."
Old 07-16-2014, 10:43 AM
Brian Dwyer

Quote:
We actually only had one or two office copies (one of which was sent in the batch the OP received and may have turned up in the past two years), but I just found a 2007 catalog available on eBay, so I bought it and am having it sent directly to you.

We're always happy to send out our catalogs (and we appreciate everyone's enthusiasm about them!), but sometimes we just run out. We have some extra copies of 2010-2013 around the office if anyone is looking for them. If you'd like to receive a free copy of our fall auction catalog (this October), you can request one on our website and we'll happily send you one when it prints.

On the topic of the fall auction, we're accepting consignments for another two weeks if anyone is interested in discussing items with us. It's shaping up to be another great auction that we think everyone will enjoy (and the catalog should be great too!).

Thanks,

Brian
Old 07-16-2014, 11:01 AM
Daryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacktrack View Post
... I just found a 2007 catalog available on eBay, so I bought it and am having it sent directly to you. ...

Wow, what a very nice gesture.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:25 AM

Default thanks brian!!

Hi brian--you certainly didnt need to do that!! (I hope it didnt set you back too much!!); I wouldve simply continued to use your website like I always do when I need to view items (and realized prices) from the 07 auction--I figured maybe you guys just happened to find a few of them that you didnt know you had back in 2012--thanks again, it is much appreciated (now I just need to get my hands on 04 and earlier!!)
Old 07-16-2014, 12:33 PM
J@son.K

There's no way that I could keep all the different auction catalogs I get every year. I just recently recycled a year's worth of auction catalogs (including the high quality REA catalogs) and the stack came up to my chest! I do feel like it's a waist to throw them out as they are such high quality books, usually.
I only keep the catalogs that have items I won. Otherwise, it's just a tease to see all the items I couldn't win.

I wonder how much they cost to print some of these nice catalogs. Heritage seems to print out some really high quality Platinum auction catalogs and I'm wondering how much they cost. SCP even prints them out in boxed sets sometimes. I'm sure they make it all back though, of course.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:39 PM
J@son.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacktrack View Post
...but I just found a 2007 catalog available on eBay, so I bought it and am having it sent directly to you...
First of all, very nice gesture, REA.

And secondly...I didn't know people were selling these older auction catalogs on ebay! If I had known, I may have considered selling all of the high quality catalogs I've accumulated in the past (before recycling them). I wonder how well they sell though.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:24 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

If anyone would want to pay the shipping they can have all of my catalogs from almost every auction house from 1992-2010ish....
Old 07-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Peter Spaeth

Keeping that 1991 Sotheby's, are ya?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:22 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_spaeth View Post
keeping that 1991 sotheby's, are ya?:d
lol.