NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Andrew Aronstein

Default Please provide your input...

Gentlemen, TCMA is looking to enlist your help!

What the collecting world may or may not be aware of is that TCMA Ltd. still exists, though due to licensing restrictions we haven't produced anything using the TCMA Ltd. name for a long, long time.

Between the late 90's and mid 2000's we were the driving force behind a Photo File product that was sold through many US Postal Service locations aross the country. These were 12x16 matted pieces with an 8x10 photo and commemorative event cover (envelope) underneath. Eventually, Photo File absorbed that business, basically leaving us with only one product - the 8x10 Hall of Fame Induction Day Cards that have been done since 1984 and sold almost exclusively to vendors in Cooperstown for Hall of Fame Weekend.

As with the 12x16 USPS pieces, Photo File has the licensing so the TCMA Ltd. name cannot be used. I assure you, however, that these items were/are the brainchild of my father, Mike Aronstein, who continues to have a working relationship with Photo File. As you might be aware, Photo File evolved directly out of TCMA and still posesses the original glass negatives that were used to create many of TCMA's baseball cards, postcards, and other items.

I'd like to let you guys know that we are in the process of developing some new products in conjunction with Photo File, one of which will tie directly into TCMA's "The 1930's" set. I can't say too much about it just yet other than I have seen samples and they look FANTASTIC.

Now, I'd like to ask everyone (barring a standard baseball card size item) what types of products would you most like to see us explore? What subjects/products does everyone find most interesting/collectible? Would love to get some opinions on what you, as a collector would like to see.

Thanks in advance for the input everyone. Happy collecting .

Andrew Aronstein
Old 07-06-2014, 09:00 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

This is completely out of left field (pun intended) and I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I would love to see something that involves players on teams that they weren't famous for being a part of. For instance, Babe Ruth on the Braves, Hank Aaron on the Brewers, Willie Mays on the Mets and so on. Photographs/cards that show them in less than familiar territory.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

I always liked the topps/salada coins...maybe something like with the 30s players might be cool.

Joshua
Old 07-07-2014, 12:05 AM
Clayton

Default Tcma

I just scanned these to show another board member. 1974 postcards, I plan on framing them to hang on a wall.

Sincerely, Clayton
Attached Images
File Type: jpg various 086.jpg (78.9 KB, 452 views)
File Type: jpg various 087.jpg (71.9 KB, 449 views)
File Type: jpg various 088.jpg (77.9 KB, 450 views)
File Type: jpg various 089.jpg (78.4 KB, 450 views)
Old 07-07-2014, 12:07 AM
Clayton

One more. All of the backs look the same.

Sincerely, Clayton
Attached Images
File Type: jpg various 090.jpg (78.9 KB, 451 views)
Old 07-07-2014, 07:25 AM

What I might suggest is getting together with SABR and producing a set with stories on the back of the card from the player's career and their life after baseball.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:46 AM
Dan Bretta

I would love to see a HUGE postcard set, but only in standard 3.5 x 5.5 inch size. You'll sell many more if you avoid Continental size cards for a couple of reasons...they fit four to a sheet, and they are the "standard" size that was used in the era of the players you will be producing images of. Also a matte or dull finish on the postcards is preferred over a glossy finish.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 07-07-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:45 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

How about something like the old prewar irregular size cards like diecuts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1934_r304_demaree_4_ruth_front.jpg (77.2 KB, 338 views)
Old 07-09-2014, 01:33 PM

Default A comprehensive "History of Baseball" set would be a real contribution

Andrew & Mike:

When I spotted your Network54 posting two words came to mind: Excited and Hopeful. I would personally like to see a comprehensive History of Baseball set on the order of Upper Deck's Yankee Stadium set of thousands of cards. Such a set, issued in series, would be a serious contribution to the hobby and Baseball generally.

My two cents' worth (of suggestions) would include making the cards in various styles and sizes but conforming as closely as possible to generally available collector sheets for convenient display and enjoyment. Again, Upper Deck did a series 21 years ago that mirrored T202. It is well done and allowed for a mixture of black and white, color and somewhat extensive biographical information: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...antle&_sacat=0

When you said "we are in the process of developing some new products . . . which will tie directly into TCMA's "The 1930's" set . . ." my anticipation juices really started flowing. As a one-time subscriber to that set (by series), I thought it was a great concept and with the passage of time (and the obvious scarcity/collectability of those now 42-year-old cards), The 1930s set has become one of my favorites. In fact, as an eBay store seller I have assisted several collectors in either completing their sets or getting very close to completion - including one collector in Switzerland.

Oh, yes, at least one more suggestion: for cards requiring an artist's touch, consider Ronnie Joyner (who has produced his own sets) and Monty Sheldon (who does unique Art Baseballs and has worked for Topps). I have sent you their contact points by private message.

Whatever you finally decide upon, I'm sure it will be well received within the hobby and hopefully will draw many others into our fraternity - much as TCMA did more than four decades ago.

Best regards for much success,
Steve Mitchell

Last edited by SteveMitchell; 07-09-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Barry Arnold

Default steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMitchell View Post
Andrew & Mike:

When I spotted your Network54 posting two words came to mind: Excited and Hopeful. I would personally like to see a comprehensive History of Baseball set on the order of Upper Deck's Yankee Stadium set of thousands of cards. Such a set, issued in series, would be a serious contribution to the hobby and Baseball generally.

My two cents' worth (of suggestions) would include making the cards in various styles and sizes but conforming as closely as possible to generally available collector sheets for convenient display and enjoyment. Again, Upper Deck did a series 21 years ago that mirrored T202. It is well done and allowed for a mixture of black and white, color and somewhat extensive biographical information: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...antle&_sacat=0

When you said "we are in the process of developing some new products . . . which will tie directly into TCMA's "The 1930's" set . . ." my anticipation juices really started flowing. As a one-time subscriber to that set (by series), I thought it was a great concept and with the passage of time (and the obvious scarcity/collectability of those now 42-year-old cards), The 1930s set has become one of my favorites. In fact, as an eBay store seller I have assisted several collectors in either completing their sets or getting very close to completion - including one collector in Switzerland.

Oh, yes, at least one more suggestion: for cards requiring an artist's touch, consider Ronnie Joyner (who has produced his own sets) and Monty Sheldon (who does unique Art Baseballs and has worked for Topps). I have sent you their contact points by private message.

Whatever you finally decide upon, I'm sure it will be well received within the hobby and hopefully will draw many others into our fraternity - much as TCMA did more than four decades ago.

Best regards for much success,
Steve Mitchell
well said. I second it.
all the best,
barry
Old 07-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Jay Shelton

I would like to see a future TCMA set that deals with (in some fashion) the teams that have moved over the years, such as St. Louis Browns, Boston Braves, Washington Senators I (Twins), Washington Senators II (Rangers), Milwaukee Braves, Philadelphia A's, KC A's, etc.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:31 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

I would think items suitable for getting autographed might prove popular.

Postcards could be a neat issue in and of itself, and they're also great for getting autographed.

Last edited by drcy; 07-10-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:15 PM
J H Cline, Jr.

Default Tcma

I have been a collector sense 1957 when i was a young boy. I have my collection set up by teams and they are arranged by years. I have used the Colon Collection and the TCMa sets to make it look like a roster for each year. I would like to see more players that do not have a card or who may have played for a brief time with a club. Like in the 1930's set there is a card of Lyn Lary with the Yankees and Senators. He also played a year as a Red Sox. I have kept my collection up to date. I like adding to it. I am so glad to hear TCMA may return
Old 07-13-2014, 10:55 AM
J H Cline, Jr.

Default One More item

In the TCMA stes which I love I would like to see included the 1903-04 RED Sox and the 1912, 1915. 1915. and 19118 Red Sox . This falls in line with with Steve Mitchell of a historical baseball card set.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:54 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayworld View Post
I would like to see a future TCMA set that deals with (in some fashion) the teams that have moved over the years, such as St. Louis Browns, Boston Braves, Washington Senators I (Twins), Washington Senators II (Rangers), Milwaukee Braves, Philadelphia A's, KC A's, etc.
Yes, that is a very cool idea!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:19 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

I would love to see a set that is made up of Hall of Famer's rookie cards.

Another type of set I always wanted to see was something like the 36 National Chicle. Except it would cover other eras from the early 1900's to 1940's.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard