NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Dan Bretta

Default Stolen Images revisited

I understand that I don't own the image, but I do own the original cabinet photo and most certainly the seller stole the image from my photobucket. I emailed them and told them I thought it was funny they put a watermark on the photo so no one could steal it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e#ht_500wt_947

My cabinet
Old 08-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Frank Wakefield

If they got their scan from some other person's cabinet, then that's one thing. But you are right, to have used your image and then be watermarking it... that's bunk. Makes me think you should make some reproductions yourself, and offer them for a dollar less... be sure to list them just like these guys. If they drop their price, then you drop yours. If you want to do it, I'll kick in a dollar each for the first 5 your sell, just to subsidize this contrarian retaliation.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Clint

Weird how he chose that one to use. Did he think that was going to be a big seller?
Old 08-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Dan Bretta

I heard back from the guy and he said that he got the photos from a lot off of ebay a couple of months ago.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:01 PM

Call me wrong, but I don't think his picture is a copy of yours. Look at the white corners on his picture. They are rounded, yours are sharp from being matted (?). It may be a card like yours, but I don't think he stole your photo.

Unless your is one of a kind....

Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Dan Bretta

It is the same exact image...The person he bought it from off of ebay stole a whole bunch of my images from my photobucket and made fake cabinet photos. I can see the same tiny flaw in the upper right corner on his image that is in mine. This guy is just trying to flip a fake photo that he unwittingly bought off of ebay...however this fella is not trying to fool anyone.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Brian T.

If he got the image off eBay a couple of months ago, it would have the little camera watermark in the bottom-right hand corner and he image doesn't.

Editted to say that I guess the camera watermark could be on the mat area instead of the photo... thereby getting cropped out. It does seem weird that he printed it on older, beat-up paper, but then as others (Leon?) have said, people treat their reprints so poorly! Trying to photomatch between the two images themselves (not the border), it does appear that they are the same. Of course if there were a benefit of the doubt on all things Nebraska-related, I'd have to give Dan the slight edge anyway.

Last edited by terjung; 08-16-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:21 AM
Bilko Glasier

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjung View Post
If he got the image off eBay a couple of months ago, it would have the little camera watermark in the bottom-right hand corner and he image doesn't.
That little ebay camera watermark is no longer on all ebay images.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilko G View Post
That little ebay camera watermark is no longer on all ebay images.
And even if there is a little ebay watermark they are super easy to airbrush out, using the "paint" program. Even I can do it in about 2 minutes. I have done it to my own scans many times. The whole reprint/fake/xerox thing makes me go crazy. Ebay needs to police more and make them (reprints/fakes) be put in their own category, imo. regards
Old 08-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Dan Bretta

He didn't steal the image from ebay, he unwittingly bought the photo believing it to be real from another ebay seller. I don't fault the guy who is currently selling the photo...he did the right thing by posting it as a reprint. When I started the thread I assumed he was just another in a line of people who have stolen images from my photobucket site.