NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Ebay, Auction and other Venues Announcement- B/S/T

Old 09-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Default EBAY items discounted here on NET54

We continue to hear NET54 is a great marketplace; not just a blog spot --
so thought it would be nice to invite anyone to see our e.bay listed cards~

Feel free to view / buy any of our e.bay listed items here on NET54 at
a discount of at least 15% off e.bay prices. Find us under TOPPSAHOLIC

Will be checking messages here now so feel free to say hello ---

We have never done an actual transaction here looking forward to our first !

Also please note we are available for any other card-related topics you may want to discuss ! Let us know whats on your mind ...

TOPPSAHOLIC
Old 09-03-2017, 02:53 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default To be moved

You are posting in the wrong section.
At the very top of every screen on Net54 there is a message pointing out the two crucial "rules" to posting on the site.
Perhaps you overlooked the note about BST.

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:12 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

If it isnt in the bst area, Does that mean we can comment on list prices and offers from named seller?

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 09-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
If it isnt in the bst area, Does that mean we can comment on list prices and offers from named seller?

Don't worry Ted this seller has been talked about on here a few times. If you look at their previous posts you can get a good idea of how good a seller they are.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:19 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

It's the offers!! One of the few I've wanted to block for sheer IGNORANCE

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 09-03-2017, 03:44 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

This could be a popcorn thread if anyone so chooses? Hey, ya' step outside of the BST and all is fair game.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:10 PM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Default Im here

Yes its all fair game for the keyboard assassins!

Fun stuff.

Sorry if I posted in wrong spot but if Leon is ok then we are ok I guess --

We are here for #1 fun with cards and #2 to buy cards #3 to sell a few also

that's it. So bring on the heat I know you folks love the banter drama etc not much excitement otherwise

TPHLC
Old 09-03-2017, 05:18 PM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Of Course BEN NORTH surfaces with his invisible mouth.

Does anyone --I mean anyone know Ben in the real world? I don't mean "yes ive dealt with ben on net54 hes a good guy" -- I mean who KNOWS him ?

he seems interesting to me.

Ben tell us all why you feel as if we / I am not a 'good seller' --mistakes happen, yes ?

So we posted a card in a FAKE PSA HOLDER -- what else? are we the first to get fooled by a card/seller? no. have gained quite a bit of knowledge in past couple of years --YES people there are fake PSA and SGC slabs out there --relax--- we will get to you with more of the scoop on br.ad PEN.CIL soon don't yall worry.

Go on B-North don't hold back -- we need you to get it all out there because we plan to be a part of the net54 community ! -- your concerns are important; be specific in your claims !!

so why the ill-will my friend ? seems like you need to know it all and tell people things; have you figured how to monetize your knowledge ?

we are not here to get into a weird typing match with you --but try to support your words?

we are here to #1 have fun #2 buy cards #3 sell a few cards

lets clear the air BENNY
Old 09-03-2017, 05:21 PM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Default Popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
This could be a popcorn thread if anyone so chooses? Hey, ya' step outside of the BST and all is fair game.

And yes --PERFECT popcorn thread material lol -- we didn't think it would be all roses and hugs yaknow ? --- we can face the music.

Good to see you Leon -- we wont 'go crazy' haha ttyl
Old 09-03-2017, 05:23 PM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Default Keyboard Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Don't worry Ted this seller has been talked about on here a few times. If you look at their previous posts you can get a good idea of how good a seller they are.
Ben ! don't worry just learning how to work your blog machine -- you talk a lot ! A LOT !

DOES ANYONE KNOW BEN NORTH IN THE REAL WORLD?
you seem to have A LOT of time on your hands
was amazed you weren't first responder

please see our post below; we mis-placed it but its a special message just for you ! (and the card world)
Old 09-03-2017, 05:32 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealToppsaholic View Post
Ben ! don't worry just learning how to work your blog machine -- you talk a lot ! A LOT !

DOES ANYONE KNOW BEN NORTH IN THE REAL WORLD?
you seem to have A LOT of time on your hands
was amazed you weren't first responder

please see our post below; we mis-placed it but its a special message just for you ! (and the card world)
Sorry for the delay I had to make a cup of coffee and get some snacks.

So are you saying that both of you have turned over a new leaf and are now on the up and up?

Did you ever get that Green Cobb sold? Also what about the GAI graded T206 that you bought it in auction from a fellow board member. You know the one that was properly listed as trimmed in the auction you purchased it from. Then you relisted it at 10X the price and didn't mention that you 100% knew it was trimmed?

No I don't know a single person on this forum in real life. I have done several deals with almost everyone on here that sells cards though.

I do know I would be highly disappointed in Leon if you 2 are allowed to sell on this forum.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:57 PM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Default response

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Sorry for the delay I had to make a cup of coffee and get some snacks.

So are you saying that both of you have turned over a new leaf and are now on the up and up?

Did you ever get that Green Cobb sold? Also what about the GAI graded T206 that you bought it in auction from a fellow board member. You know the one that was properly listed as trimmed in the auction you purchased it from. Then you relisted it at 10X the price and didn't mention that you 100% knew it was trimmed?

No I don't know a single person on this forum in real life. I have done several deals with almost everyone on here that sells cards though.

I do know I would be highly disappointed in Leon if you 2 are allowed to sell on this forum.
#1 cobb is in our possession. it will never see the hobby again we are trying to get psa to buy it but they want it for zero. Br.ad Pen.cil sold it to us and wont take it back. -- we were going to publically destroy cobb and had interested sponsors but decided the negative pub surrounding all that would be too much. -- we are going to end up giving cobb to psa for free and posting the letter they send us here on net54. psa says the do an extensive letter whenever a bogus item comes off the streets. ok? br.ad pen.cil sold us the card we though it was real and we thought he thought he thought it was fake. simple. its borderline insulting you think we would think we could even sell a fake card for 20K due to returns being 6 months, etc -- but of course what can we say since we posted it. no crime was done. br.ad pen.cil wouldn't take it back. no matter what we are either dumb for believing or lying or somehow being shady. fakes hurt. we are proving to anyone who
cares how much we care about the landscape of the hobby by giving it to psa; as mentioned you will all get to see the letter. ok?

#2 the t206 Mathewson you said GAI but I'm pretty sure you mean a PRO 9 ? or 8.5 perhaps. YES bought from PWCC it had 'trimmed' in title. we listed without trimmed in title. why ? because TRIMMED cards OFTEN earn NUMBER GRADES --examples later. do we need to say its trimmed if the market/buyers know the different companies? psa sells for more than sgc than bvg than gai than pro right ? I could do a whole series on JUST the 'authentic' graded cards we have or have seen go into a number grade slab. also note; PWCC puts trimmed in ALL PRO holder titles for safety. we put the car up for 10X yes --for fun. then we sold it for around psa 2 money --funny how you leave that part out? we paid psa 1 money sold it for psa 2. pretty sure it was pro you mean
if in fact it a GAI example --the answer is the same, GAI isn't usually trimmed. --- the market is partly shaped by the company on the slab right?
--BEN -don't act like we need to 'turn over a new leaf' like we are some fraudulent seller. we sell almost all graded cards -- view our 'recent solds' its not junk 'unknowns' or some questionable stuff --take a peek.

so is this all you have BEN ? we not a good seller becuz we got posted green cobb and then ... your #2 point is we didn't put trimmed in a GAI/or PRO title? --

so you don't know even one person on here in 'real life'
never did the national ?
not one person on here is a friend in the real world? seems odd.

so BEN -- what else do you "have on us" -- phone bills and footlockers?

lastly --OF COURSE Leon is going to let us sell on here ---we are a known entity that can easily be found; we are quite accessible for business and otherwise. -- besides we only sell low-priced junk so whats going to happen??

check out our GRADED T206 and other pre-war cards !

sincerely
TOPPSAHOLIC
Old 09-03-2017, 07:04 PM
Scott Russell

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONUS-WAGNER...-/122183639933

Made me laugh.

In the interest of fairness however I found this interesting:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WET-SHEET-TRANSFER-ERROR-JACKIE-ROBINSON-ROOKIE-CARD-1948-LEAF-79-SGC-GRADED-/122119460592

and you can get 10% off either!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 09-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Rob

To the OP...I wouldn't worry too much. Cranky old people and computers don't mix.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:08 PM
Cha.rles He.nry

Love the Jackie Robinson card!
Old 09-04-2017, 01:06 AM
Mat.thew Zim.mer.man

Default for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarian sports cards View Post

the wagner has 48 watchers --its up for 1.5m for fun

jackie has had a 1500 offer as early as this week -- best/darkest wst you will ever see on a jackie

what else you got?
Old 09-04-2017, 04:01 AM
Scott Russell

Dude, relax I said the Jackie was interesting, it is a very interesting card, especially because what makes it unique is apparently what lowered the grade as, other than the transfer, it looks much nicer than a "3." Pick your battles with someone who is actually fighting with you, and no, I won't call you
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 09-04-2017 at 04:02 AM.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:23 AM
Eric
Eric

Can't imagine where this thread is heading. Everyone now- around and around in a circle. There we go. Well done!
Old 09-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Chr$stopher Pett$

I can add that I have purchased a handful of items from this seller, including 2 recently - they ship quickly with excellent packaging and great communication. I can also add they have purchased a few items from me in the past- prompt payment problem free transactions