NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-02-2003, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Default Anyone here use paypal to sell?

Posted By: Charlie

Hi: I listed a few cards that are ending soon and I have paypal as a way to pay. Does the money go into a paypal account? How do you take it out? Thanks

Old 02-02-2003, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: LEON

It goes into a PayPal account...and you can get it out by either requesting a check (I believe) or using it to pay for other items....which is what most folks do....good luck and best regards

Old 02-02-2003, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Thanks Leon...I appreciate it. Seems not to be an easy thing to find out from the Paypal site.

Old 02-02-2003, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Nick

You can also request a Visa Debit card from Paypal. Purchases are deducted from your balance and you are givin a 1.5% credit on your account. You can also use it to pull out cash directly from your account.

I think paypal is essential if you are a seller or buyer on ebay.

Nick

Old 02-02-2003, 09:01 AM
Administrator

That's a great card to have. I'm going to look into it right now. Thanks Nick!

Old 02-02-2003, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JC

It's simple.... I just set up a new Ebay name to sell modern cards under as wifeofjc@hotmail.com and I haven have pay-pal deposit the funds into your bank account WITHOUT a charge. However, if they ever have any Red-flags on you, they put your account on HOLD and freeze everything until they figure it out. Sorda like the IRS. As Sir Leon said, it it a must to use Pay-pal.

Old 02-02-2003, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

I allow winners to pay with PayPal. With the click of a few buttons, I have the PayPal 'wire' the money directly to my bank account. There is no charge and it takes seconds (the transfer itself take a few days, I think).

If you don't do anything, the money stays in your PayPal account.

Old 02-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

It is very convenient and allows you to receive funds easily and probably allows some bidders, who wouldn't otherwise be able to make large bids, participate in your auctions. The only problem is the fees that they gobble up. On higher price cards it can get frustrating. Some sellers, for this fact, don't allow payment by PayPal unless it comes from a bank account rather than from a credit card.

Old 02-02-2003, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

Bob is correct that PayPal takes a bite out of the sale price. However, as a large number of buyers find it convenient and safe to use this method, I don't restrict it's use. If the buyers are happy and encouraged, I'm not going to complain.

Old 02-02-2003, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

if payment is through the bank account paypal won't take any fee? i've never heard of that before...but I love sellers who take paypal, cuts down the mailing process by 1/2 the time. I guess I'm eager to play with my new toys. No love for the paypal fee though...Citibank's c2it works just like paypal, more people are signing up everyday and I think there's still no fee for both buyer and seller.

Old 02-02-2003, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Albie O'Hanian

I take paypal and accept payment from a credit card. I believe that in order to accept credit card payments you must have a Premier/Business Account and than you are charged anywhere from 0.7% of the amount to 2.9% of the amount + a 30 cent fee. Check out the paypal website at www.paypal.com and go to help. They should have answers to most of your questions.

Old 02-02-2003, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

is coming! No doubt~

Old 02-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JC

Where am I coming or going?

Old 02-03-2003, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Paypal does have a membership that allows for a limit of $100 on CC at no cost. If you want to receive more you have to have a premium account. I personally have no other way of taking CC's so this works great. The debit card helps to cut the fee cost down by 1.5%. If you have the account and have a high dollar item you don't want to loss money on the fees, just don't mention you accept Paypal.

I recently encountered a seller that would not accept Paypal for items over $200. I asked why and he told me he would lose too much money because most of his items are consignment items. My purchase was for $270 and I couldn't use Paypal for any of it. That makes no sense, you lose a higher % on smaller priced items why accept at all. It has kkind of ticked me off to the point I may not bid on his auctions again.

My Recommendation is to get the debit card to help cut costs.

Old 02-04-2003, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

I use PayPal to buy and sell. I really like it. The money just goes into your account when you are a seller.

Say, when you use PayPal to buy, you normally have the money come from your checking account.

Well, now let's say you just sold something for $50. That $50 (less PP fee; but for this argument, say $50) goes into your account when paid by the buyer. Two days later, you buy something for $75.

PayPal pays for it by going to your PayPal account first and then gets the rest from your bank aco****. So, you as a buyer would pay with $50 from your PayPal acct plus $25 from your checking. That seller would just see one payment of $75 to them.

Old 02-04-2003, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Something else that everyone has missed is that if you leave money in your paypal account, you draw interest on it. And it's a good rate too. A lot better than your local bank will give you in a savings account. I actually keep most of my disposable income in my paypal account, that way I can draw interest on it and use the debit card and get the 1.5% cash back when I use it. This pretty much negates a large portion of the merchant fee I pay to take paypal as a seller.

Jay