NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-15-2016, 06:21 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Default What i found in my basement...

Almost 6 years ago i bought my house. About a year later im in the unfinished basement gettin a few beers out of my beer/wine fridge with a few friends. We wound up chatting and drinking for about an hour. As we are talking one friend looks up into the partially open celing and says.." Hey i found a bunch of money" as he laughed. We all thought he was kidding, but he wasnt... 73 singles, lmao. It gets better keep reading.

We go back to drinking laughing about the singles and same guy says , "theres something else up here" he pulls out a 199? Playboy magazine, lol

Way funny as the old owners were an old couple.

But i sure wish i found t cards instead

Anyone else find anything good in a house they bought?

Heres a great story worth the read-> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-50-years.html
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.

Last edited by EvilKing00; 09-15-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:44 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
Almost 6 years ago i bought my house. About a year later im in the unfinished basement gettin a few beers out of my beer/wine fridge with a few friends. We wound up chatting and drinking for about an hour. As we are talking one friend looks up into the partially open celing and says.." Hey i found a bunch of money" as he laughed. We all thought he was kidding, but he wasnt... 73 singles, lmao. It gets better keep reading.

We go back to drinking laughing about the singles and same guy says , "theres something else up here" he pulls out a 199? Playboy magazine, lol

Way funny as the old owners were an old couple.

But i sure wish i found t cards instead

Anyone else find anything good in a house they bought?

Heres a great story worth the read-> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-50-years.html
I remember this find years ago.

Do a "Cars in barns" search on Google and you will find a ton of great vids/info.
This one was incredible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luu0TWdFFnU
Old 09-16-2016, 08:18 AM
Robert J. Miller

The only thing I found were a few Indian Head pennies. They were worn and common dates, but it was cool to find
Robert
Old 09-16-2016, 08:19 AM
Robert J. Miller

Oh yeah.....back in the late 70's early 80's, my cousin found $7,000.00 in cash under the carpeting.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:21 AM
T0dd M@rcum

Bought an office building. Found a fair amount of old Double Cola memorabilia, which was not unexpected as it was a former plant. Also found a large spool of copper at the peak of the metal spike which we sold for a few hundred dollars.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:33 AM
Bi11..R0berts

Not a find in my basement, but another example of "stuff" being out there that no one knows about. About 8 years ago I took a chance on a local estate sale that offered baseball cards without too much description other than being "old". What they had was complete 1961 Topps and Nu Scoop sets in generally Ex-Mt to Mint condition. I ended up winning the bids on about 50% of the '61 Topps cards. While I was paying, the auctioneer told me that the wife (husband deceased) never knew about them. They were found on a shelf behind other items in the garage, had been there for years based on the amount of dust on the boxes. What I sent for grading came back mostly 7's and 8's. You just never know what's out there.
Successful transactions with: Chesboro41, jimivintage, Bocabirdman, marcdelpercio, Jollyelm, Smanzari, asoriano, pclpads, joem36, nolemmings, t206blogcom, Northviewcats, Xplainer, Kickstand19, GrayGhost, btcarfango, Brian Van Horn, USMC09, G36, scotgreb, tere1071, kurri17, wrm, David James, tjenkins, SteveWhite, OhioCard Collector, sysks22, ejstel. Marty
Old 09-16-2016, 09:06 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

old clean out found a 1978 Bump Wills

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 09-16-2016, 09:09 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Found a stack of Sports Illustrated swimsuit covers all torn off, neatly stacked, up high on top of a cabinet. Quaint. Harkens back to a simpler time.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:26 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
That's quite a find since his rookie was 1979!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 09-16-2016, 09:34 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
That's quite a find since his rookie was 1979!

Bump Wills has a card in 1977 and 1978

Last edited by bn2cardz; 09-16-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:06 AM
Fred

Wow, a Mike Champion rookie card! Awesome!
Old 09-16-2016, 11:37 AM

Default Usa usa usa !!!

In North Korea , the penalty for sarcasm is.....trust me , you don't wanna know...

Old 09-16-2016, 11:40 AM
Steve Birmingham

Our house is 1880's and was in one family for almost 100 years. The second owner who bought it in the 1890's invented a piece of mining equipment, and was into cars pretty early. While almost all of the antiques got cleared out about three years before we bought it there were some 1910 ish tire chains and a "new" sparkplug in a cabinet in the carriage house. The owner before us left a picture of the house as it was in 1910. There's also a few house parts, like extra pieces of unusual trim etc.

Steve B
Old 09-16-2016, 11:50 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Wow, a Mike Champion rookie card! Awesome!
To be clear no one even said they found a Mike Champion card. Or a 77 Topps card.
Another poster mentioned the 78 Bump Wills card (which in and of itself itsn't a "find" and may have been sarcasm). To which someone replied that his RC was in 1979. I was confused by that statement and pointed out that there were two Bump Wills cards prior to 1979.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:46 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan View Post
Oh yeah.....back in the late 70's early 80's, my cousin found $7,000.00 in cash under the carpeting.
wow thats awesome
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:36 PM
Paul Lehr

After my great uncle passed away in 1987 my dad was tasked with handling his estate since his wife had long since passed and he never had children. While going through an old trunk my dad found around 8-9 1933/34 Goudey commons. All were in VG-VG/EX condition. Dad brought them home to me and I spent the next week with him going through my great uncles stuff looking for more cards, but never found anymore. I was 13 and these were the oldest cards I owned at the time.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:07 PM
Bry@n

I close on my first house next week ... so cross your fingers for me!
Old 09-17-2016, 05:45 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
I close on my first house next week ... so cross your fingers for me!
congrats! Buying and moving are usually a huge headache, lol but once its over will be all good. Hopefully your deal went smoothly

Old 09-19-2016, 02:17 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

We don't have many basements in Texas so we (my family) visit some antique stores. Over the last 20 yrs there has been almost zilch I have found. The few T cards were T206s and were approximately $100 for a common in gd condition. It is over a hundred years old and is a baseball card so It has to be worth a hundred dollars.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:59 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

My brother in law was tearing out a wall in his Boston condo and found some old newspapers used as insulation. This was from one of them from 1922.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 (1).jpg (76.3 KB, 256 views)
Old 09-21-2016, 10:35 AM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Default 1914 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson find

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...kson+old+house

Pretty cool find by Kevin, that I was able to purchase at a cheap price.

r/
Frank
Old 09-21-2016, 10:44 AM
Jason Albregts

We gutted the kitchen of our turn of the century home and we found a Hohner harmonica, a handmade child's bow and arrow, a wall sconce, some player piano advertisements, several smooth river rocks, and a small wooden box. We also found a 1909 penny under the steps when we were repairing them.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:38 AM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles Guy View Post
We gutted the kitchen of our turn of the century home and we found a Hohner harmonica, a handmade child's bow and arrow, a wall sconce, some player piano advertisements, several smooth river rocks, and a small wooden box. We also found a 1909 penny under the steps when we were repairing them.
I am not sure if you're aware that some 1909 pennies can be worth quite a bit of money. If it is a Lincoln cent with an S mint mark, bearing the initials V.D.B., it's a key date with a (relatively speaking) low mintage.

Any chance you can provide front/back images?
Old 09-21-2016, 02:01 PM
Jason Albregts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
I am not sure if you're aware that some 1909 pennies can be worth quite a bit of money. If it is a Lincoln cent with an S mint mark, bearing the initials V.D.B., it's a key date with a (relatively speaking) low mintage.

Any chance you can provide front/back images?

Well, here is the problem. My wife gave it to the contractor doing the work. Still a sore subject around here, especially since I dabble in coins.

Last edited by Beatles Guy; 09-21-2016 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:56 PM
Geno W@gn&r

Default Basement find

My house has a big crawl space in the basement. As I was moving stuff in and storing crap in there, I found a bowl (the smoking pot kind). I just laughed, and decided to cut the poor kid a break and not send it to his dad! I also have a piece to an old baseball game of some sort. My brother found it in his adobe wall when he redid his house. It's a baseball player, about twice as big as those electric football guys we used to have. I've never figured out what it goes to...
Old 09-21-2016, 08:54 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles Guy View Post
Well, here is the problem. My wife gave it to the contractor doing the work. Still a sore subject around here, especially since I dabble in coins.
Sorry to hear. If the contractor knowingly poached a 1909 S V.D.B. from someone who didn't know what they were holding, I hope they experienced karmic justice somewhere down the road.

Heck, even if the coin was NOT the Lincoln Small Cent Holy Grail, shame on the contractor for asking for (and taking) something they had no right to.

Please PM me if you want to discuss coins. I also, "dabble."