NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-03-2003, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Default What scanner does everyone use to list cards?

Posted By: Charlie

Hi Everyone: I use a Canon scanner and it's fine to scan a card that hasn't been graded but for some reason the plastic graded case makes the scan appear blurry...I have some cards on now under T206nnof and you can see what i mean...If anyone can recommend a nice scanner...even the combo ones with scanner, printer, fax and copyier are fine...Thanks a lot. Charlie

Old 02-03-2003, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

I use a Kodak 9x4900 digital camera, so I don't have that type of problem. Though they can create great images of smaller, flat items, I have no interest in going back to a scanner.

Old 02-03-2003, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Cornell

Charlie-

I use an HP PSC 750xi, one of those all-in-one units; it does a good job with both raw cards and cards in holders. These units sell for around $150 on eBay.

David - I'd ask you for the time, but I'm afraid you'd tell me how to build a clock .

Old 02-03-2003, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

I have a Lexmark, and exactly the same problem. I think what causes the slightly blurry image is the fact that the a card in the slab is not right on the scanner bed and is thus slightly out of focus. I'd love to hear a solution.

Old 02-03-2003, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jeff s

I have a Canon, too, and have the same problem with slabbed cards. (Though those of you who know what most of my cards look like know that I can't have that much of a problem with slabbed cards.) This solution won't work for folks who buy slabbed cards, only those who buy them raw and then slab them. I make sure to have a good scan of a card before sending it out for grading (a good idea anyway). Then, if I decide to list the card for sale, I can provide both a good scan of the card, and a not-so-good scan of the slab, with card inside. (except for when I forget. but in theory, this works.)

Old 02-03-2003, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I use a Microtek Scanmaker 3600 scanner...approx. $40.00.... and agree with Jeff about slabs in that they hinder scans .....and love type collecting....

Old 02-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

works perfecto and is smaller and faster than Bills and the program is easier to use but the result is the same and ut costs $270.00 BIN on e-bay. I had the one Bill uses and lsot it after a football playoff game last year? If I had to choose,I would buy the newer smaller version for time saving!

Old 02-03-2003, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I have a HP ScanJet 3300C that I paid $50 for and it works great on everything I have scanned, highly recommended here.

Old 02-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

I paid all of $50 for it way back when.

Old 02-04-2003, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Charlie

Thanks for all the feedback...I'm going to pick up one of the HP all in one deals.

Old 02-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

your scanner lacks detail production and probably hinders some prices realized for you. there is no comparison to the HP scanners and an Acer is not a good recommendation.