NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Tobacco (T) cards, except T206 B/S/T

Old 01-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Default Decided to keep these card - thanks!

Posted By: Scott Elkins

In fact, I am now actively buying T206's with Red Hindu or Uzit backs. Feel free to e-mail me, should you have any for sale. tycobb@adelphia.net.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason Duncan

Email sent.

Jason

quit putting links to ebay in this secion....final warning...(leon)

Old 01-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee

Scott,

I'll give you $275 for the red hindu (I know what this exact card sold for when it was on eBay a few months ago)

Give me a yes or no at this price in the form of a post.

Thanks,
Lee

Old 01-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ScottIngold

Wow.... Tough crowd.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Administrator

I don't know what it sold for on eBay, but I do know I paid Toby Peterson $400 plus shipping for the card. Doesn't matter what it sold for on eBay now, as I have more than that into it and would rather keep it than lose on it.

Thanks for the offer however,

Scott

Old 01-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Well,

Toby made a cool $150 on it then, it sold for $250. You don't have to come off acting all high and mighty about it because you paid too much for the card saying it "Doesn't matter"

Old 01-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Lee - IMO Scott didn't come off as high and mighty in the least. That was a decent response to your aggressive post.

Leon - go ahead and delete if this is 3P BST interference.

J

Old 01-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Well Joann,

I didn't think my post was aggressive....just stating facts. You can take it as offensive, or whatever, I don't care....you have to admit, $450 is too steep for a 1.5 red hindu

Old 01-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Administrator

at today's prices, I would pay $400 for more SGC 20 Red Hindus - if anyone has any for sale at this price, please send me an e-mail to tycobb@adelphia.net and I can forward the money by PayPal ASAP.

If Toby made $150, that is good for him and I have no problem with it. With people making six figure profits on cards regularly these days, $150 is not that much of a profit actually.

Sorry if I sounded "High and Mighty", as I was just stating what I paid for the card. Plus, it sold for $250 months ago - you stated. I bought a couple of PSA 1 Drums months ago for under $600 - those would cost MUCH MORE NOW!

Old 01-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tony Andrea

Lee -
I second Joanne's perception of your post. It was aggressive. By the way, if you think the amount is to high on the Hindu, simply dont buy it. Whats so difficult about that. Comments as yours that end up in the b/s/t section only cause problems. Keep it to yourself......

Tony

Old 01-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Administrator

I almost bought the Drum on eBay from you, but Toby beat me to it. Rare backs have been going up, but I'm not aware of eBay transactions for a red hindu, so I'm not going to gauge the market until another one sells. If some one is willing to pay you $450 for the hindu, good for you and them, it is not going to be me though. I know i can still find deals on rare backs. DON'T YOU THINK I KNOW RARE BACKS HAVE BEEN GOING UP!

Old 01-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Tony,

I just made an offer, it was not aggressive. I'll state my opinions if I want, you can just ignore them if you wish

Old 01-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tony Andrea

Lee -
It wasnt your offer that was the problem, It was what you said afterwards. There was no reason for it.
Feel free to ignore my response as well.

Tony

Old 01-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Tony,

I already have ignored what you said. The only real person that can sensor me on this site is leon, and he will do it if he deems it necessary. And so what about what I said afterwards, it was none of your affair. I was stating a fact and if you don't like it, butt out. Keep it to yourself.....

Old 01-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JK

Lee,

Im pretty sure that the b/s/t rules frown upon comments related to what an item may have previously sold for on ebay. Just an FYI.

Edited to add this from the forum rules:

"In the B/S/T area there should be no interference in the posts by 3rd parties...this includes, but is not limited to, talking about what someone paid for something."

Old 01-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Josh,

I wasn't going to get into stating prices, as you can tell from my original post (because i did not sdtate a price, i was just acknowledging i knew what it was). Since the seller stated his price, I also did this and found nothing wrong with it. He seemed to not care that people knew what he paid for it, so he was breaking a rule same as I was, saying what the card previously sold for. I know the rules.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Administrator

PS I will still buy any/all T206 Red Hindus in SGC 20 holders for $400 - feel free to e-mail me at tycobb@adelphia.net and I will forward the money.

Lee, I have no idea who you are, but if you can get Red Hindus cheaper and want to make money - lmk.

I paid $400 for the card and had it up for $450 - I wasn't trying to make a fortune or rip anyone off - sorry.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Scott,

I know you were not trying to rip anyone off. In my first post I did not know what you intiially paid for the card. Conversely, I need to get a red hindu for my own collection, but if i run into more, i will keep you in mind to sell the others. On another note, if you run into any more Drum or BL 460, let me know and maybe we can talk about price on them. I'm not an unreasonable person, just tough on prices. I have been on the perifery (sp.?) of this forum for about the year and only communicate with a few people consistantly here. Just to let you know, not many people on this forum know who I am, so don't give it much, if any thought. I don't know you at all either, just your collecting habits because of your eBay activity under the same name as you use on this and your forum.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JK

Lee,

No offense, but knowing and understanding the rules are two different things. By stating that you knew what it sold for on ebay and that you would offer $250, it doesnt take a genius to figure out that the ebay price was less than $275. While you didnt state the actual price, the spirit of the rule was violated - that being, you dont interfere with someone elses potential sale by commenting on the price being too high, etc. In other words, there is not much difference between what you wrote and saying "it only cost you 250, why are you asking so much more for the card now?" As for Scott mentioning the price, it was only in response to your post. Further, the rules do not prohibit the seller from stating anything in his own listing - it prohibits third parties from revealing previous sale prices.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

Scott is correct it matters not what someone paid for something. Simple fact is Scott was not there when Toby paid $250 for the card and regardless Scott is happy with it and also has a right not to sell it for a loss. Maybe you and he do not agree on the value either but that is not going to help you acquire the card. Don't mess with Scott as he is knowledgeable and like Teflon on here! Sounds like Toby got a good deal on the card as well. Good for him. he is one shrewd card dealer!

BcD

Old 01-25-2007, 02:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Kravitz

WOW, I smell something fishy.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: bigfish

Lee,
please know what you are talking about before you post. The red hindu card is worth 400-500 dollars. They have sold on this board several times over the last 6 months at that price and in that grade. They are not going down anytime soon either. The fact that I paid 250 and some change for the Tannehil does not matter. As far as the drum card goes you should have bought it at 650. This is very simple. 450.00 is Scott's price. You can either buy it or pass. Or you can wait for another one to come around and pay more. Very strange....

bigfish

edited to stay out of trouble

Old 01-25-2007, 04:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

While I hate to get into issues over here I will say that Lee is totally out of line on this one. Per the forum rules we don't talk about what folks paid for something over here. Lee, you need to tone it down a little too. This is fair warning....if you want to make an offer that is fine. Being so forceful in your initial post is not going to make you play happily with other board members. Nothing personal....just a few words of wisdom and caution.....Be careful and make offers but don't go into the background of cards on the BST...Read what Toby posted and take heed....Email me if there are any questions about board policy....This kind of stuff is exactly what forced me to make the interference rule....The only one wrong in this email, that I can see, is LEE....thanks much

edited to say one more tidbit....Lee- you wrote this from above:

"I'll state my opinions if I want, you can just ignore them if you wish"

actually you WON'T state your opinions, in the BST area, so no one will need to ignore them....