NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-01-2023, 05:00 PM
Rob
Rob.ert We.ekes

Default PWCC Returns

I purchased a 1950 Bowman Jackie Robinson card from PWCC back in December (I know; I know - I was dealing with the dark side). After receiving it on January 6th, I immediately contacted their customer service representatives about the condition of the card not quite matching the ad scans. There was paper loss that had originally appeared to me to be a light stain.

I then went through a long and winding road, staying in communication with them, receiving assurances that they would get back to me, etc. But I had to constantly initiate multiple requests for an update on my return status, ever wondering if it would ever meet with their approval.

Their policy (if you can find it) states that the only provision for a merchandise return is if the item is materially different from the ad scans and if the request for a refund is made within 48 hours of receiving it. I was good on both counts. Nevertheless, February came, and I was still getting the run-around. The rep on the phone told me he would get back to me by the end of the day on a Monday, but I still hadn't heard back from him by Thursday. So, figuring they were just leading me on with no intention of granting my request, I filed a dispute with my credit card company.

As of today, they have finally acquiesced, sending me a pre-paid label for the return. However, one of their reps has emailed me a message stating that they cannot process my return until I first cancel the dispute with my credit card company. But I am not sure I'm willing to remove the only insurance I have against them screwing me here. I mean couldn't PWCC just receive the card back and then renege on their pledge to issue the refund, knowing I have no further recourse against them?

I anyone else has been down this rabbit hole with PWCC, I would like to hear about it. At this point I don't just blindly trust that I'll get a favorable outcome with them. Thanks.
Old 03-01-2023, 05:13 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Default Seems more like a CC issue

I would call my credit card company, and ask them about it. Specifically, can you re-open a dispute for a charge once you cancel a dispute? Or do you only get one bite at the apple?

Be sure to let them know that the vendor is offering a refund, but only if you cancel the dispute first.

If once the dispute is cancelled then the charge can never be re-disputed, then that seems like a tight spot to be in.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 03-01-2023 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-01-2023, 05:13 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

Was the card you bought graded?
Old 03-01-2023, 05:24 PM
Chris Eberhart

I would not cancel the dispute….let them figure it out. They held your $ for two months.
Old 03-01-2023, 05:26 PM
Peter Spaeth

I have a friend who sells a lot of cards and offers a no questions asked return policy, you might be surprised how very few returns he gets. This is just bad policy to fight a customer over a return.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 03-01-2023, 06:13 PM
Rob
Rob.ert We.ekes

After speaking to my credit card company, I will not cancel the dispute until I've been refunded. What kind of a company would tell a customer that they can't process a refund, even after receiving the returned merchandise, until a dispute has been cancelled? The credit card rep told me earlier today that unscrupulous companies use that same line all the time. Then once the dispute has been cancelled, they fail to refund, knowing that the dispute cannot be reopened again.
Old 03-01-2023, 06:25 PM
D@n.M@tsing3r

I would think the email you received about them granting you a refund but you not getting it would bolster your dispute on your credit card and you can give them the emails as proof they said they will refund you but you haven't been refunded.
Old 03-01-2023, 06:35 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I have a friend who sells a lot of cards and offers a no questions asked return policy, you might be surprised how very few returns he gets. This is just bad policy to fight a customer over a return.
I agree and have always had that policy when selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw1959 View Post
After speaking to my credit card company, I will not cancel the dispute until I've been refunded. What kind of a company would tell a customer that they can't process a refund, even after receiving the returned merchandise, until a dispute has been cancelled? The credit card rep told me earlier today that unscrupulous companies use that same line all the time. Then once the dispute has been cancelled, they fail to refund, knowing that the dispute cannot be reopened again.
Nice info to know.
Old 03-01-2023, 07:19 PM
Johnny MaZilli

I’m sorry about your situation with them. Please Save yourself a lot of future trouble and buy cards elsewhere. Hope for the best buddy.
Old 03-01-2023, 07:44 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Time to go on the offensive and flip it on PWCC. As was said, show your credit card company the messages from them (which seem to be an obvious attempt to screw you over in the end) and wait for a full refund to be issued...then DON'T send the card back. Good for the goose is good for the gander and all that.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 03-01-2023, 07:48 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Should you trust a fraud ring to follow through on their word after you throw away your other option? Probably not.
Old 03-01-2023, 08:19 PM
Dar.ius Hou.seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Time to go on the offensive and flip it on PWCC. As was said, show your credit card company the messages from them (which seem to be an obvious attempt to screw you over in the end) and wait for a full refund to be issued...then DON'T send the card back. Good for the goose is good for the gander and all that.
i 100% agree with this. dont waste your time with a bunch of scandalous fools. time is money. make them waste theirs. not yours.

Darius Houseal
Old 03-01-2023, 09:33 PM
Rob
Rob.ert We.ekes

Yup. Lesson learned. Actually, because of my dispute, PWCC banned me from any future purchases even though I wasn't planning on making any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
I’m sorry about your situation with them. Please Save yourself a lot of future trouble and buy cards elsewhere. Hope for the best buddy.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:38 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
Steve_Novella is a 1st class ebay seller. I've bought several items from him.

It doesn't surprise me that he handles customer issues quickly, and that their occurrence is rare.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gorditadogg; 03-02-2023 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-01-2023, 10:03 PM
Ton.y Be.ll

I hope your issue gets resolved soon! Keep the hold on the credit card.

I still purchase from PWCC and have never had any issues with them or the cards I've won.

Collecting:
1909-1911 T206 Southern Leaguers (Alabama)
1914 Cracker Jack Set (91 out of 145)
Old 03-02-2023, 04:46 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Yup. Lesson learned. Actually, because of my dispute, PWCC banned me from any future purchases even though I wasn't planning on making any.
Self control goes along way in modeling changes in business behavior. The reason many of these businesses continue to act the way do is that people can’t control themselves enough to not do business with them in the first place. If collectors had it businesses would have to change their behavior. Auction Houses and Grading Companeis can do what they want based on the psychology of collectors.

Last edited by Johnny630; 03-02-2023 at 05:00 AM.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:04 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Quote:
IMO, this bold part would make you no better than PWCC. You are intentionally keeping a product that you didn't pay for. To me, that's the same as if you went into their building and stole it.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 03-02-2023, 06:06 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
IMO, this bold part would make you no better than PWCC. You are intentionally keeping a product that you didn't pay for. To me, that's the same as if you went into their building and stole it.
+1 don’t do that
Old 03-02-2023, 07:52 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
The credit card rep told me earlier today that unscrupulous companies use that same line all the time. Then once the dispute has been cancelled, they fail to refund, knowing that the dispute cannot be reopened again.
Holy crap! PWCC tried to cheat you? In other news, the sky is blue and the sun rose in the East today.

Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 03-02-2023 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:55 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
I have a friend who sells a lot of cards and offers a no questions asked return policy, you might be surprised how very few returns he gets.
Not really. Most of the complaints I get as a seller on eBay (and there are very few) are from buyers who do NOT want to return the item. They really want to renegotiate the price. I don't take returns except when eBay mandates it but if someone PMs me and wants to cancel a sale before I fulfill it, thats fine with me. No point in leaning into a fight.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 03-02-2023 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-02-2023, 08:22 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Not really. Most of the complaints I get as a seller on eBay (and there are very few) are from buyers who do NOT want to return the item. They really want to renegotiate the price. I don't take returns except when eBay mandates it but if someone PMs me and wants to cancel a sale before I fulfill it, thats fine with me. No point in leaning into a fight.
I have no problem with anyone returning anything but yes, F those BLEEPING losers that want a partial refund.

One a good note PWCC has never screwed me either. Then again I don't buy from known crooks.
Old 03-02-2023, 01:32 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I have no problem with anyone returning anything but yes, F those BLEEPING losers that want a partial refund.

One a good note PWCC has never screwed me either. Then again I don't buy from known crooks.
+1 we gladly give full refunds for returns, we don't tend to renegotiate sales though.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 03-02-2023, 02:32 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Don't cancel the credit card dispute, once you are refunded call or email the related association (Visa or Mastercard) and file a complaint. They can set a large fine and/or cancel their processing, especially if they have other complaints.

Who needs that crap....
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 03-02-2023, 03:44 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
Of course. My point is if PWCC is trying to screw him over, then do the same back to them. If someone swings at you, you swing back!

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Old 03-02-2023, 06:21 PM
Rob
Rob.ert We.ekes

I get that, but I do have to face myself in the mirror every day, so I will not compromise my integrity just to get even with those guys.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:24 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Sounds like a real PITA, sorry to hear, OP. I won't be dealing with them anytime soon.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 03-02-2023, 07:26 PM
Peter Spaeth

Agree, take the high road.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 03-02-2023, 09:00 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Don't wish to belabor the point, but don't want a mischaracterization either.

We're not talking about the same 'high road' here. If you're walking down the street and some innocent person unknowingly drops their wallet, and you pick it up and give it back to them (as we all would), that's taking the high road. But if some scumbag criminal tries to steal your wallet, and you end up with HIS wallet after the scuffle is over and don't give it back, you're the bad guy????

If that happened, not only would I be able to sleep like a baby at night, but I would have no trouble looking in the mirror when I hit the bathroom to take a whiz at four in the morning.

The instance being discussed here is a helluva lot closer to the latter than the former.

Rant over.

Casey Stengel

Old 03-02-2023, 09:36 PM
Peter Spaeth

Interesting question. I guess my gut reaction is I still would not feel right keeping the would be thief's wallet. Not preaching, just speaking for myself on this one.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-02-2023 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-02-2023, 10:08 PM
Peter Spaeth

wrong thread

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-02-2023 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-03-2023, 08:05 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Interesting question. I guess my gut reaction is I still would not feel right keeping the would be thief's wallet. Not preaching, just speaking for myself on this one.

Yeah, I'd turn it in to the police with the explanation of how I came to have it.
Then just let them do what they will.
Old 03-03-2023, 08:14 AM
Steve Birmingham

Returns and similar things on ebay or in person are an interesting thing.

I botched one early on a cancelled sale, was a bit snippy in an email to someone who could have been an interesting contact later.

From there I started waiting to respond if I was mad.

Most of the ebay complaints were ones that were entirely valid, and I think I surprised the handful of people who did have complaints. Fortunately I mostly sold cheap stuff so it was pretty easy to surprise people with a good response. I did generally ask questions though.
Like one guy said a bicycle helmet he'd bought was cracked. It was brand new, so that was a bit surprising. Thinking it was a crack caused in shipping I asked if he could send a pic of he crack. Nope, it had a molding around the edge, and under that was multiple cracks. checked my other ones, and they were all cracked
Obviously refunded the whole thing, shipping included and thanked him for pointing it out as I'd never thought of checking under the mouding.
He asked about returning it and I didn't want it back. It was plain white, so i suggested he let a local artist or grafitti person go crazy on it then turning it in to a lamp or wall art. Which he seemed to like.
Old 03-03-2023, 10:11 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
If that happened, not only would I be able to sleep like a baby at night, but I would have no trouble looking in the mirror when I hit the bathroom to take a whiz at four in the morning.
Only once per night!? I wish it was only once per night...

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel