NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-02-2003, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Better Business Bureau Report and AG

Posted By: dan mckee

I let my PSA raping post die because I felt all possible was gained and it was obvious that I am going to take a financial beating. I will post updates as I am FAR from throwing in the towel. Here is the response from the California Attorney General's office and the attached BBB report on the company Professional Sports Authenticator:

Better Business Bureau Report:
Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau. An unsatisfactory record is given when a pattern in the company's customer complaints causes us concern, when the company does not respond to complaints, or when it will not substantiate its advertising claims.

In this case, our complaint history for this company shows a pattern of unanswered and unresolved customer complaints. In thosecases where the company has responded to the complaints brought to its attention by the Bureau, some remain unresolved because it appears that the company did not give adequate consideration to the customer's side of the dispute.

A BBB report is based on our file information and experience with an individual company over the past three years.

IMAGINE THAT! I couldn't have stated that any better! I URGE anyone who has had problems with PSA to take a moment and file with the BBB online, it is very easy and worthwhile.

Part of AG's response:
Complaints are used to develop information about patterns of business activity which might indicate the need for formal investigation or law enforcement action by our office. Complaints often bring early warning of what promises to be a pervasive scam. Once a pattern is discovered, what originated as a private dispute between buyer and seller may become a matter of broad public interest and thus warrant the Attorney General's intervention under the state's consumer protection laws.

Again, please if anyone has any more suggestions or can help in any way, I appreciate it. I am currently working on an article for SCD, the wrapper, VCBC and any other publication that anyone can think of that would benefit from this. I am also preparing a document for MSNBC News and dateline. Hopefully, something good will come from this for someone. Dan.

Old 07-02-2003, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

I'd be interested to see the report on eBay from the BBB and the CA AG.

Jay

Old 07-02-2003, 04:25 PM
Administrator

you got it Jay, shoot me an email to r337man@yahoo.com and I will scan them for you. I typed the entire BBB report but the AG letter was too long so I only copied a part. Dan.

Old 07-03-2003, 03:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

especially after the coincidental letter I write you a couple of hours ago on this. ( The tatoo was was a joke!* )

Old 07-03-2003, 06:18 AM
Administrator

u got it B man! Glad that tattoo wasn't you!, you would have needed to work on the abs!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-04-2003, 12:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

For those who are interested, the BBBonline service provides this same information about PSA:

Link to Better Business Bureau "Reliability Report" for PSA

I would also like to point out that this service, although affiliated with the Better Business Bureau, is actually an online program that is sponsored by other businesses.

Link -- http://www.bbbonline.org/about/leadership.asp

Old 07-04-2003, 12:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

More information about the BBBOnLine Service -- https://www.bbbonline.org/about/press.asp

Old 07-04-2003, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Thanks MW!

Old 07-04-2003, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon Canfield

Jay - I beieve you asked about the BBB's report on eBay... Well, I was bored here at work today so quickly looked it up. Here's the link to it:

http://www.bbbsilicon.org/common.html?location=/home/common/www/bindr/report.php&bureau=sanjose&compid=204015

In short, it says that eBay "has a satisfactory record... properly and promptly address matters referred to it by the Better Business Bureau, and be free from an unusual volume or pattern of complaints and law enforcement action involving its marketplace conduct."

Well, thats funny... I think eBay has the most horrible customer support ever! Been 3 weeks now and they still haven't contacted me with answers to my question. Oh well... maybe the BBB lists a lot of stuff on eBay and they give them a discount for the favorable report! :-P

Old 07-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

Maybe there's a promising explanation for ebay's good BBB rating. Maybe, if you complain to the BBB about ebay, you get good results. I don't know, but it is possible. The next time someone on this Board had a problem with ebay (which should be soon), I hope they'll give it a try and let us know.

Old 07-05-2003, 02:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Someone else forwarded their copy of a BBB report they got and it was almost verbatium to the PSA report. It would seem that they have a few form letters they send out based on your standing.

Jay

Old 07-08-2003, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: carew4me

The positive impact that PSA has had on collecting benefits ALL sportscard collectors.

The set registry has stoked tremendous interest in the hobby and PSA continues to be the leader in almost every aspect of the business with the exception of Pre-war vintage.

99.9% of sumbitters/collectors are overjoyed with the service and the product, which continues to demand a sales premium over ALL other grading co's.

Check out Ebay BBB history, like any company that deals with collectibles or emotion, you are going to get the occasional "Fatal Attraction" type person
who is hell bent.

Thankgod PSA has removed the Alan Rosen, Kit young factor from the hobby.

I also think that SGC has a great product that is
slowly dieing for many reasons. Submissions way down, Ebay listing's falling like interest rates, Set registry has almost no pulse and their MB's have
a single post a day.