NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-26-2019, 12:08 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Texas Card Show- Comerica (Stars HQ) Center - Frisco Tx., April 26th-28th, 2019

As previously discussed Kyle Robertson and I are putting on a 200 table card show in Frisco Texas, on April 26-27-28, TexasCardShow.com. We are excited about doing it and have a lot of great ideas. We know there will be some 1970s Cowboys HOF'ers signing plus many others. Tables are first come first served. We are still working out some details but most of it can now be seen on a site we will share with the Dallas Card Show site.... Our site is TexasCardShow.Com. We don't have online ordering of tables so emailing or calling to reserve is it for now.
We are happy to have Heritage Auctions occupying the first set of tables and PWCC occupying the second set of tables doing appraisals, taking consignments etc. I think PWCC might offer some of their other services too but that is only speculation at this point. Robert Edward Auctions will be set up taking consignments, doing appraisals and signing folks up for their catalogs etc..Roger Neufeldt, of Sports Memories, will have tables at the front too with his myriad vintage cards. RMY Auctions will be doing expert photograph evaluations for free, along with buying/selling and trading. . Scott Brockelman and Dan Mckee have both signed up with their loads of vintage cards of all types. We expect a lot of other well known dealers and collectors to be on board too. SGC will be onsite taking submissions and Beckett will be doing RCR card grading Friday and Saturday and taking submissions all 3 days. PSA wasn't able to get someone here for this one. There hasn't been a show like this, in this area, for quite some time so it is sort of virgin territory. There could even be a walk in or two.
It will be held at the Dallas Stars Headquarters in the Comerica Center in Frisco, Texas. (just north of Dallas) right off of the Dallas North Tollway and Gaylord Parkway. It is a really nice and fairly new facility. There are 4000 stadium seats around the arena so there will be plenty of room to relax after a lot of walking the floor. There are a lot more details coming.
The show will be in an identical arena that shares a side with the Dallas Stars practice rink and has an identical layout except there will be stadium seats on all sides of it, as in a normal arena environment. Other things will be happening in a few other floor areas of the show but it is too early to disclose those details. Hope to see everyone there!!

The tentative autographs guests so far, as we are still working to get several others, are-

Billy Joe Dupree
Bump Wills
Lincoln Coleman
Tever Klutz
Abner Haynes
Mel Renfro
Drew Pearson
Toby Harrah
Eddie Robinson
Joe Bob Isabell

www.texascardshow.com

https://www.visitfrisco.com/listing/...ca-center/541/

Last edited by Leon; 04-22-2019 at 03:47 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 01-26-2019, 12:46 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

This is GREAT news, Leon! For a multitude of reasons, going to the National has only worked out for me once, and this year won't work out either. I am very excited to have this show so relatively close to home! I haven't been to a good show since the 2015 National.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2019, 01:00 PM
Matt

I hope to make the trip down from SW Kansas.

Successful transactions with: Wildfireschulte, bengineno9, Davids resale shop, dougcats, wcsportscards, Bryan Long, Moonlight Graham, sycks22, Set Builder, itjclarke, mybuddyinc x 2, Double-P-Enterprises, Michael McGuffin, sebie43, T2069bk, JollyRoger, LukeLyon x 2, drjdog5150, Beatles Guy, GehrigFan, piecesofthegame, AddieJoss, Marty, HOF Yankees, FrankWakefield, Tim Fritz, vcuono, T206blogcom, btcarfagno x 3, Bleedinblue, Tolstoi, brewing
Old 01-26-2019, 02:12 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Glad to hear of the excitement. This can be a SW National, guaranteed to be ran better than whatever the National committee is doing these days..We have ways of making more room if we run out of table space too!! What a novel idea. Also, there is about to be a minor board aesthetics change with an ad. More to see very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
This is GREAT news, Leon! For a multitude of reasons, going to the National has only worked out for me once, and this year won't work out either. I am very excited to have this show so relatively close to home! I haven't been to a good show since the 2015 National.

Last edited by Leon; 01-26-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:26 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Table size?

Hi Leon, what size are the tables? Some of the shows where I set up have 6'x2 1/2', most have 8'x3', and one has 10' x 3'.

Thanks, and good luck with your show! Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:30 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Hi Leon, what size are the tables? Some of the shows where I set up have 6'x2 1/2', most have 8'x3', and one has 10' x 3'.

Thanks, and good luck with your show! Rick
The tables are 8' x 3'.

Last edited by Leon; 01-26-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:22 PM
octavio ranzola

Its good to see shows like this ,,good luck mr leon
Old 01-26-2019, 03:27 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

unfortunately it's too far for me to attend, but I wish you the very best with this venture Leon. I'm always glad to hear about a successful shows. Good Luck!!

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 01-26-2019, 09:33 PM
Bob McLean

Leon, I won't know for sure if I can do this show because I have been having a problem with my knees. If I get the all clear I would like to do this show. Is there enough room in back of the main tables for a table I bring to set extra cards on?

The three spots by the autograph area look pretty good.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:46 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisFlood View Post
Leon, I won't know for sure if I can do this show because I have been having a problem with my knees. If I get the all clear I would like to do this show. Is there enough room in back of the main tables for a table I bring to set extra cards on?

The three spots by the autograph area look pretty good.
Plenty of room and plenty of seating!! WE have all the tables you would need and I doubt we could allow more tables to be brought in because we have a layout we will try to stay on course with.
We would love to have any member set up with us, of course. WE need more vintage .
Old 01-27-2019, 05:57 AM
Mark Medlin

Sounds fantastic! My wife can celebrate her birthday by attending a card show!

Mark
Old 01-27-2019, 07:29 AM
Bob McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Plenty of room and plenty of seating!! WE have all the tables you would need and I doubt we could allow more tables to be brought in because we have a layout we will try to stay on course with.
We would love to have any member set up with us, of course. WE need more vintage .
My stuff is mostly 1953 to 1971 Topps and Bowman. Kind of a mixed bag with some lower grade and some nice stuff. A few graded cards as well. Some football.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:30 AM
Bob McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdmtx View Post
Sounds fantastic! My wife can celebrate her birthday by attending a card show!

Mark
I know my wife would be thrilled with me.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:44 AM
“the bambino”

I will be there for sure, Leon. Not as a dealer, but as a buyer like always. I’ve been waiting (salivating) for a kick ass show to show up in Texas. In fact, I emailed SGC several weeks ago to inquire about their Texas schedule for 2019, explaining that I have about 50 cards I would rather hand to a human being for grading as opposed to shipping (1915 CJ Cobb, ‘41 Play Ball DiMaggio, a ‘53 topps Mantle that was discussed in another thread that my father left me and had owned since childhood yet somehow came back EVID-TRM by PSA, among others). And, oddly enough, Brian responded they unfortunately had no plans to visit Texas in 2019. So glad to hear that has changed. I will definitely be there!!

Last edited by ruth_rookie; 01-27-2019 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:27 PM
sfh24

Thank you, I can now skip Tristar in Houston with no regrets.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:20 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default RMY Auctions - Free On Site Photograph Evaluation at The Texas Card Show

RMY Auctions will be taking consignments and doing free photograph evaluations on site at the show!! No strings attached. It is great to have Rhys and team on board. I am sure there will be a few, or more collectors (and others) taking advantage of their services.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ruthdeanphoto1935.jpg (75.4 KB, 1033 views)
Old 01-28-2019, 06:34 PM
Bob McLean

Quote:
RMY Auctions will be taking consignments and doing free photograph evaluations on site at the show!! No strings attached. It is great to have Rhys and team on board. I am sure there will be a few, or more collectors (and others) taking advantage of their services.

OK Leon, I'm in for 3, had a nice chat with Kyle. He seems like a good dude, looking forward to meeting you in person.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:38 PM
Bob McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfh24 View Post
Thank you, I can now skip Tristar in Houston with no regrets.

I'd love not to skip Tristar, but Houston is too far for me. This one will be an easy 8 hour drive.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:58 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I'd love not to skip Tristar, but Houston is too far for me. This one will be an easy 8 hour drive.
Glad to have you on board. Kyle and I are going to meet with the Mayor and Economic Council of Frisco in a little while as they have indicated they want to help us too. Also, Dan Mckee has just taken a few tables for the show. We will definitely have some good vintage at at least a few tables..... It is great to have Danny on board. Over half the tables have been sold in the first 4 days. We expect to sell quite a few more (from people who have indicated they want tables but haven't chosen them yet) in the next few days. We are excited to bring a fresh, larger, CARD show to this area. Some dealers have indicated they are fed up with the National (I am one of them).....
Old 01-30-2019, 09:14 AM

I'm not a big contributor on these boards, but I'm a long time lurker/infrequent poster. I'm super excited for this show. I even marked it in the calendar. As others have said, I also have some stuff for grading/authentication and while others mail stuff off all the time, I've never been comfortable with that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
http://s241.photobucket.com/home/woundedduck/allalbums
Old 01-30-2019, 12:11 PM
Rich Klein

Leon:

I have cancelled my DFW area scheduled show for that weekend (as Kyle and I had discussed when I told him he could take the dates if those were the only ones that worked) and have removed the listings from Beckett and SCD. I'll get the word out to my mailing list as well

Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 01-30-2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:43 PM
Bob McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
Leon:

I have cancelled my DFW area scheduled show for that weekend (as Kyle and I had discussed when I told him he could take the dates if those were the only ones that worked) and have removed the listings from Beckett and SCD. I'll get the word out to my mailing list as well

Rich
Rich, that is very nice of you to do this. Too often promoters are so territorial that they refuse to cooperate and it winds up hurting both shows. Kudos!
Old 01-31-2019, 01:18 PM
Rich Klein

Thanks for the nice words

I'd probably feel different if I had already paid or had to pay for the venue but thankfully when I can give notice there is no money out of my pocket.

Since there was no financial issue with the cancellation I did what was best for the DFW Collecting Community instead of what was best for me.

Any show that brings in Dangerous Danny McKee ( ) means business.

Rich
Old 02-01-2019, 07:05 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thanks Rich, Kyle and I appreciate it. It is shaping up to be a great show coming to North Texas. I hear another cowboy is coming to town too!!

Quote:
Thanks for the nice words

I'd probably feel different if I had already paid or had to pay for the venue but thankfully when I can give notice there is no money out of my pocket.

Since there was no financial issue with the cancellation I did what was best for the DFW Collecting Community instead of what was best for me.

Any show that brings in Dangerous Danny McKee ( ) means business.

Rich
Old 02-01-2019, 08:32 AM

Default Leon Needs Help

I find your lack of design skills disturbing.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:06 AM
Tom Boblitt

Is that Girth Brooks?

Okay....that was low hanging fruit......sorry.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Don't worry, Josh,. You are in good company.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshleland View Post
I find your lack of design skills disturbing.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:43 AM
Bob McLean

Quote:
Don't worry, Josh,. You are in good company.

[IMG][/IMG]

Gosh dang, old Cy in his Luckey hat!
Old 02-03-2019, 03:48 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Yes, sir. It's a special occasion when Cy gets out his ten gallon. There will be a lot more announcements soon as there are a multitude of things being worked on. I am happy to say that renowned Michigan based dealer, Bryan Dec Vintage Sports (hey Bryan), will be set up at the show with us. Always good to have more vintage everything.

Quote:
Gosh dang, old Cy in his Luckey hat!
Old 02-03-2019, 05:15 PM
Banned

How many tables are typically at the national and whie plains show?
Old 02-03-2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autograf View Post
Is that Girth Brooks?

Okay....that was low hanging fruit......sorry.
so I'm fat
Old 02-07-2019, 07:13 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelaiTorres83 View Post
How many tables are typically at the national and whie plains show?
National has approximately 500 dealer booths which is approximately 1250-1500 tables.

White Plains -- it depends on the show. The East Coast National -- the big one -- has both upstairs and downstairs and IIRC it totals about 400-500 tables

Last edited by Rich Klein; 02-08-2019 at 03:13 AM.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:40 PM

Default Number of booths at the National

I believe I counted the booths correctly from the floor plan. If it is not correct it is very close.

471 10 X 15 booths (each booth has two 8 foot tables and one 6 foot table)

40 10 X 10 booths (each booth has two 8 foot tables or one 8 foot and one 6 foot, depending if the dealer wants to have a wider space to get in an out of the booth.

Total number of tables approaching 1500 with about 2/3 of them 8 foot tables.

Also dealers who get two booths can fit an additional four or six foot table in their display depending how much they wish to push the boundries of their booth space.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:10 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

I'll be there, looking forward to it.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:43 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Kyle and I went to Tri Star in Houston yesterday. It is a well run show and it was nice to see a lot of friends and other hobbyists there. The hobby is apparently doing fine. With the 12 dollar parking and 15 dollar entry it wasn't a very cheap date but it is what it is. Our show admission won't be that much and we are shooting for free parking. WE are supposed to go walk the venue once more, as we need to visualize some more things, and sign the final contract next week. There is a lot of excitement around our event and we hope (and will make sure) it only gets more in the following days leading to the event.This said we are hoping for a card show with great signers and not the other way around, which seems to be how a lot of shows have gone. So far the expected signers are- (and we are working on many more).

1977 Cowboys champs:

Mel Renfro HOF and Cowboys Ring of Honor

Drew Pearson
Billy Joe DuPree

Bump Wills Rangers

Lincoln Coleman 1993 Cowboys champs

Abner Haynes - 1960 AFL Player and Rookie of the Year

There are only around 40 tables left to sell after approximately 3 weeks. We expect to be sold out well before the event. Get your tables now .

Last edited by Leon; 04-22-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:13 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

I will try to make it. I am expecting to be in McKinney for a wedding the 27th, tagging it at the end of a planned business trip. So good timing for me.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:19 PM
gr*g.zamp.ino

Quote:
National has approximately 500 dealer booths which is approximately 1250-1500 tables.

White Plains -- it depends on the show. The East Coast National -- the big one -- has both upstairs and downstairs and IIRC it totals about 400-500 tables
A few years ago...maybe 5, JPs tried the lower level as well as the upper at the EC Natl...I don't think they have tried again...
Old 02-14-2019, 03:42 PM
Bob McLean

Bump.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:40 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

A friendly bump to say we are making more headway and have some more signers in the wings. Once they give the final ok that they will be there we will announce it. One of the ex- Major Leaguers is 98 yrs old and sounds great on the phone. He doesn't do email.
STill some tables for those that want to come set up with us!!
Old 03-08-2019, 10:09 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

A few quick updates. Unfortunately Lelands won't be able to attend the show due to some scheduling issues. We are hopeful they can make it next time. The list of autograph guests is updated in the first post. There are still some tables left and I am hopeful some vintage guys will take them. They will be sold out at the end, we are quite confident.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:39 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Panini is on board for the show and will be there giving out some free things to show attendees. Only 20 tables left and hopefully some of our vintage members will pick them up. We know they will all be sold out it is just a matter of who gets them. Hopefully everyone will attend that can!! There will be dealers and vendors that never get to this area. And if anyone has anything they are considering consigning there will be several national auction houses to choose from.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:19 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

I was in Austin last week and had a nice time at the Card Traders of Austin store. Maybe they'd want to have a table; give them a call and check. Really nice selection of vintage cards and a bunch of additional ones in the store room. Did COMC get a table? Would love to see them out there at the show.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:32 PM
Justin

I'll have a couple tables of vintage setup. This will be my first show in Texas. Looking forward to it!

My collection: https://www.instagram.com/collectingbrooklyn/
Old 03-18-2019, 02:25 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

While there will definitely be quite a few tables with nice, newer cards and I know of a few dealers with high end new wax, I am happy to say there should be more vintage at this show than any one in a long time around here. We also just added Baggers Auctions and Sportscards to the list of dealers setting up. We couldn't be happier to have Dave and team joining us.
This is a a show that will be worth the drive!! (as I like to say)

ps...COMC hasn't reserved a spot but has been invited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midmo View Post
I'll have a couple tables of vintage setup. This will be my first show in Texas. Looking forward to it!

Last edited by Leon; 03-18-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:46 PM
Bob Andrews

My plan is to drive up that Saturday morning and spend the afternoon at the show. Hope to meet Leon and some other Net54-ers and say 'Hi!'. Looking forward to the show.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Less than 3 weeks to go, friendly bump. Hope to see a lot of members come out. The tables are essentially sold out though there might be 2 left.

l
Old 04-07-2019, 12:30 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Can't wait!!

Old 04-07-2019, 03:30 PM
Bob McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by midmo View Post

See you there Justin!
Old 04-07-2019, 05:15 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Any of you setting up at the show going to be selling any PSA graded 80s rookies?

Old 04-07-2019, 06:59 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

ih8ca from blowout forums sells a lot of graded cards and he just told me he'll be there. He recently sent his high grade set breaks of 1968 Topps and 1955 Bowman to COMC and said he sold most of them within days at full VCP (with many even selling through eBay with their upcharge).

Correction: he has to sell a high dollar Mantle in person at the Boston show and will not be there next weekend. I am still planning to be there to meet some of you.

Last edited by swarmee; 04-18-2019 at 02:59 PM.