NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-20-2018, 07:13 AM
Patrick N.

Default Overlooking

I think the people who keep saying that they have the "right" to list the cards at whatever price they choose fail to account for the fact that these listings are clogging up all the major websites (eBay, COMC, etc.) and yes while there are ways to screen them out, why do we have to bend over backwards to do so? Imagine going into a grocery store to buy a can of soup for $2 and is is buried behinds 50 cans of Dean's Split Pea listed at $8, $10 and you have to dig around /spend the time to find the one or two reasonably priced ones at the back of the shelf?
Old 11-20-2018, 08:43 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintacular View Post
I think the people who keep saying that they have the "right" to list the cards at whatever price they choose fail to account for the fact that these listings are clogging up all the major websites (eBay, COMC, etc.) and yes while there are ways to screen them out, why do we have to bend over backwards to do so? Imagine going into a grocery store to buy a can of soup for $2 and is is buried behinds 50 cans of Dean's Split Pea listed at $8, $10 and you have to dig around /spend the time to find the one or two reasonably priced ones at the back of the shelf?
Very well put. This more than anything is my problem with Dean's when I look for 50's and 60's HOFers on eBay. By the time I say "You've got to be kidding me..." for the fourth time, I think it's a little ridiculous.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:26 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Quote:
I think the idea of this analogy isn't bad except for the fact the cards you are looking for are not hidden behind Dean's. You don't have to move Dean's out of the way to get to your purchase. Dean's, 707's, etc show up in the same way on the shelf (your search) as the cheaper option. Instead what I think you are looking at is more akin to finding the 1 foot section of generic soup when it is between the 8 foot section of Campbell's and the 8 foot section of Progresso. All three types are in front of you, but your eyes see the bigger name companies with more space a lot easier than the small company with little space.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 11-20-2018, 09:33 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:

As long as those companies are paying to put cards on Ebay, COMC etc. than it's their right to do so. Those companies have a fiduciary responsibility to not limit sales and I'd wager Dean's would have a heck of a law suit if someone was to arbitrarily remove their items without due cause.

Sorry but again this is capitalism and we have to accept the good with the "bad".

regards
rich
Old 11-20-2018, 01:44 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
As long as those companies are paying to put cards on Ebay, COMC etc. than it's their right to do so. Those companies have a fiduciary responsibility to not limit sales and I'd wager Dean's would have a heck of a law suit if someone was to arbitrarily remove their items without due cause.

Sorry but again this is capitalism and we have to accept the good with the "bad".

regards
rich
And in a free society, you have to accept that we have the right to complain about ridiculously "bad" sellers, right?? Plus, can you point out who said they want to "arbitrarily remove their items without due cause"?? I guess everyone else reading this thread missed that post.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:13 PM
David Kathman

For those wondering about the size and nature of Dean's operation, here is a video from 2013 where he gives a tour of the office in Cincinnati and shows the staff at work. At the time he had 14 employees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI75Cei9qXA
Old 11-20-2018, 05:27 PM

Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdcrdkid View Post
For those wondering about the size and nature of Dean's operation, here is a video from 2013 where he gives a tour of the office in Cincinnati and shows the staff at work. At the time he had 14 employees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI75Cei9qXA

...Fourteen paychecks is a big nut to crack....wow...

Old 11-20-2018, 05:58 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post
...Fourteen paychecks is a big nut to crack....wow...

Must be doing something right.