NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-30-2016, 03:21 PM
Belltown Vintage

Default Ebayer 'collectors' ripe for plucking

Someone has cut the pictures out of the 'Big Book of Base Ball Cards' and is selling them on ebay. It sounds moronic, but he covered the cost of one of these books, long ago:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/gpenko826/m....p2046732.m1684
Old 01-30-2016, 03:39 PM
Al Richter

Default Cut Ups

A couple of years ago someone was cutting pictures from Topps Surf books, pasting them on blank cardboard with a back stamp that said they were a "Topps Promotional Sample "
Old 01-30-2016, 03:44 PM
Ryan Waggoner

"A fool and his money is soon parted."

I think that's as apt now as it ever was.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:46 PM
Curt

This has seemingly become commonplace. Team photos from Sporting News and other magazines, posters cut down to single "blue proofs" (Fleer stamps/stickers) and a variety of other items that are targeting mostly player collectors hungry for new items. Obviously it works for a while…

I have never tried to sell them, but as a kid, I used to cut the smaller (whole and sometimes partial) cards seen as advertisements on wax boxes, cereal boxes, hostess boxes, etc. I should have just saved the whole box!
Old 01-30-2016, 03:54 PM
Richard Simon

Talk about low class thieves.
He is stealing $5 at a time.
Mom must be so proud.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 01-30-2016, 04:11 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Someone has cut the pictures out of the 'Big Book of Base Ball Cards' and is selling them on ebay. It sounds moronic, but he covered the cost of one of these books, long ago:

I saw these for Some T205 cards. My thoughts were WTF. Kind of annoying as it mucks up my T205 card searches and consider it just as bad as reprint cards. Why bother with these and reprints?
Old 01-30-2016, 04:47 PM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Talk about low class thieves.
He is stealing $5 at a time.
Mom must be so proud.
How is he stealing? He is labeling them properly by saying "Hand Cut from Big Book of Baseball Cards". If he's being deceptive in any way it's his use of the word "rare". Those aren't rare as anyone could buy the book, buy the cardboard, and do it themselves.

Even in the description he notes...

*THESE ARE HAND-CUT FROM THE PAGES OF THE BIG BOOK OF BASEBALL CARDS (1989, BEEKMAN HOUSE). THE CARD IS FEATURED IN A GLOSSY-PAPER REPRINT, WITH A DESCRIPTION ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PLAYER AND SET FEATURED. THE BACKS FEATURE THE BACKSIDE OF THE PAGE (EITHER A WRITE-UP ON THE SET OR A PIECE OF ANOTHER PHOTO). CARD PHOTO HAS A BEIGE BORDER AROUND IT - MANY OF THE MAJOR STARS AND ALL THE MAJOR AND MINOR SETS FROM 1887 TO 1989 ARE FEATURED. THESE MAKE A UNIQUE ADDITION TO ANY PLAYER OR TEAM COLLECTION, OR A CHEAP ALTERNATIVE TO OWNING THE EXPENSIVE ORIGINALS!*

I see no trickery here, just weird buyers buying weird stuff.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:38 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Have to agree. He described the cut outs well. I think it goes under the heading, A Fool and His Money Will Soon Part Ways.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/gpenko826/m....684&rmvSB=true

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightmanCometh View Post
How is he stealing? He is labeling them properly by saying "Hand Cut from Big Book of Baseball Cards". If he's being deceptive in any way it's his use of the word "rare". Those aren't rare as anyone could buy the book, buy the cardboard, and do it themselves.

Even in the description he notes...

*THESE ARE HAND-CUT FROM THE PAGES OF THE BIG BOOK OF BASEBALL CARDS (1989, BEEKMAN HOUSE). THE CARD IS FEATURED IN A GLOSSY-PAPER REPRINT, WITH A DESCRIPTION ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PLAYER AND SET FEATURED. THE BACKS FEATURE THE BACKSIDE OF THE PAGE (EITHER A WRITE-UP ON THE SET OR A PIECE OF ANOTHER PHOTO). CARD PHOTO HAS A BEIGE BORDER AROUND IT - MANY OF THE MAJOR STARS AND ALL THE MAJOR AND MINOR SETS FROM 1887 TO 1989 ARE FEATURED. THESE MAKE A UNIQUE ADDITION TO ANY PLAYER OR TEAM COLLECTION, OR A CHEAP ALTERNATIVE TO OWNING THE EXPENSIVE ORIGINALS!*

I see no trickery here, just weird buyers buying weird stuff.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:59 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightmanCometh View Post
"A fool and his money is soon parted."

I think that's as apt now as it ever was.
And it's also as grammatically incorrect as it ever was.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 01-31-2016 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:27 AM
Sam Sw@rtz

I wish there was a separate section on Net54 that housed the threads on fraudulent and "stupid sh*t" that eBay sellers (and buyers) do.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:36 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

If you are accusing someone of fraud and are wrong that could have serious legal ramifications. Not that many of these petty jackasses have a real "business reputation" to protect, but I'd certainly be a little careful in calling people out.
As to what is stupid, well stupid is in the eye of the beholder. Some of this nonsense - cutting pictures out of a book - seems to defy logic, but I am sure things people on this board engage in were criticized or considered moronic at some point. Can just see someone laughing in 1970 because some boob just spent $6 for an old Wheaties box with Lou Gehrig on the panel.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 01-31-2016 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:13 AM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
And it's also as grammatically incorrect as it ever was.
I no speak no good, me sorry for the confusicating.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:07 AM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
If you are accusing someone of fraud and are wrong that could have serious legal ramifications. Not that many of these petty jackasses have a real "business reputation" to protect, but I'd certainly be a little careful in calling people out.
As to what is stupid, well stupid is in the eye of the beholder. Some of this nonsense - cutting pictures out of a book - seems to defy logic, but I am sure things people on this board engage in were criticized or considered moronic at some point. Can just see someone laughing in 1970 because some boob just spent $6 for an old Wheaties box with Lou Gehrig on the panel.
If your comment was a response to mine, I think you miss my point. But that's my fault, not yours. I didn't provide the right context. My comment was not in reference to the OP's discovery. I didn't even pay much attention to the link, to be honest. My bigger point is that it seems like every third or fourth thread is about some sale of fake, reprint, or otherwise ridiculous cards on eBay to which most of this community would never give a second thought. I just feel like all these post have the potential to distract from the discussions of beautiful (real cards), pick-ups, history, collecting stories, deep hobby issues like shilling, etc. I just wish there was another section for eBay crap and rants. Unlikely to happen, I realize; just one person's opinion.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:43 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

My response. Wasn't aimed in response to yours. Like you I see all the posts here calling out frauds on eBay. All I was trying to say is that I Personally would be very unlikely to publicly say some one is engaging in fraud unless I had 110% irrefutable proof.
Old 01-31-2016, 12:16 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
My response. Wasn't aimed in response to yours. Like you I see all the posts here calling out frauds on eBay. All I was trying to say is that I Personally would be very unlikely to publicly say some one is engaging in fraud unless I had 110% irrefutable proof.
I definitely agree with you in principle that the word is thrown about rather liberally, and at times, it's probably an incorrect statement. I think, in practice, however, many posters here do not fear the likelihood of a guy selling $5.00 junk reprints hiring an $800/hr attorney to serve a defamation suit. I could be wrong here; we do live in a litigious world.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:00 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I agree. And if anyone needs an $800/hr lawyer to sue some idiot on eBay please drop me a line.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:23 PM
David Kathman

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know what the "Big Book of Baseball Cards" is from which these "cards" were cut out? Searching for that title on Amazon, eBay, and Bookfinder.com brings up nothing, and if I google the title (with quotes around it) the top hits are this seller's eBay listings and this thread. Googling the title without quotes brings up a bunch of generic articles about baseball cards, with this thread further down on the second page. Not that I'm trying to defend the seller (though I agree that he/she wasn't overtly deceptive), but I'm just curious exactly what book he/she cut these cards from.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:30 PM
Curt

Probably put something close, yet off enough so that you couldn't buy the complete book and cut them out yourself for a fraction of the $$.

It's actually called "Great Book of Baseball Cards", unless there is a similar book.

My copy was marked on the dust jacket at $80 (when it was sold new)! Very cool book and a shame they are getting cut down for this. Very informative with many color photos for reference.

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Baseball.../dp/0517687593
Old 02-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Curt

Here is what the inside looks like. Mine has a yellow background, so his book may be a slightly different version, but it has the same cards pictured.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2803.jpg (77.3 KB, 291 views)
Old 02-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Dan Bretta

Someone paid $1,170 for this cutout of a picture of Nolan Ryan from a Sporting News magazine. Not ever was this meant to be cut out yet PSA for some reason felt it should be slabbed. As far as I know they still won't slab a skinned N172 Old Judge card.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...hand-497494361

^^^^
Yes this sold for $1,170. I have a subscription to worthpoint and can see the prices.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 02-01-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:59 PM
David Kathman

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Someone paid $1,170 for this cutout of a picture of Nolan Ryan from a Sporting News magazine. Not ever was this meant to be cut out yet PSA for some reason felt it should be slabbed. As far as I know they still won't slab a skinned N172 Old Judge card.

^^^^
Yes this sold for $1,170. I have a subscription to worthpoint and can see the prices.
Hey, it's in the PSA registry, so it must be valuable!
Old 02-01-2016, 10:15 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdcrdkid View Post
Hey, it's in the PSA registry, so it must be valuable!
Exactly! PSA just printing money by accepting this garbage. If PSA doesn't recognize this in their registry nobody would pay a dollar for it.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:44 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Exactly! PSA just printing money by accepting this garbage. If PSA doesn't recognize this in their registry nobody would pay a dollar for it.
PSA does the same nonsense in slabbing a magazine cut out from a 1973 wrestling annual that contains a very early Andre the Giant "card."

How valuable can that Nolan Ryan Sporting News cut out really be? It isn't even gem mint. Can I interest you in a $4,995 Andre the Giant cut out from the '73 wrestling annual that was graded PSA 10?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Wrestli...UAAOSwo0JWN6Pe

Ebay currently has four PSA 9s for sale of the same newsprint "card" for $995 that have been cut out of that magazine.

Last edited by Bored5000; 02-02-2016 at 12:00 AM.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:58 PM
David Kathman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
How valuable can that Nolan Ryan cut out really be? It isn't even gem mint. Can I interest you in a $4,995 rookie Andre the Giant graded PSA 10 that was cut out of the previously mentioned magazine?
Hey, don't mock! It's POP 1! It's rarer than a T206 Wagner!!!11!!1!1!!
Old 02-02-2016, 12:14 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

It goes without saying that the Ryan is one of the most ridiculous things PSA has done.

And in addition, how did it get a number grade?

Last edited by drcy; 02-02-2016 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:26 AM

Default Pshaw

They have been known to grade nicely cut cards.

Brian
Old 02-02-2016, 02:10 AM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
PSA does the same nonsense in slabbing a magazine cut out from a 1973 wrestling annual that contains a very early Andre the Giant "card."

How valuable can that Nolan Ryan Sporting News cut out really be? It isn't even gem mint. Can I interest you in a $4,995 Andre the Giant cut out from the '73 wrestling annual that was graded PSA 10?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Wrestli...UAAOSwo0JWN6Pe

Ebay currently has four PSA 9s for sale of the same newsprint "card" for $995 that have been cut out of that magazine.
A hand cut Gem Mint 10? Damn, those are some steady hands!
Old 02-02-2016, 03:24 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

Quote:

^^^^

pluck me? no, no, no. pluck all of you!

who needs worthpoint, because maybe it was this banned idiot?

perhaps it was because he already had every possible version of his 68 card?

and maybe it was because he already had the #1, #2, #3 and #4 basic ryan sets?

could be he's just a hardcore ryan fan and simply likes oddball sh!t.

or it could be the fact that they aren't graded anymore, thus only leaving 5 examples in slabs.

hell, maybe he likes to laugh at psa too and could just have it merely as a conversation piece.

or he simply likes the fact of ya'll talking shit while you guys probably have some random turd blossom in your collection that you think smells like roses and resembles the exact same thing you're fucking mocking?

he may have snagged it b/c he finds it funny you are actually attempting to step inside another collectors head and try to figure out what makes the motherfucker tick?

(good luck on that one by the way.)

truth be told, he bought it to prove your mom's ol adage of "be careful of who and what you say, as the mofo could be sitting right next to you!"

actually he just sent out a tweet or whatever the hell that is saying #hashtag he really doesn't give a fuck and bought it simply because he could.

funny thing is, i heard this idiot actually has oceanfront property in arizona as well.

hell, i even caught my first marlin there. right off the back of the bus w/ some 20lb test and a cane pole.

now, seriously. listen to mom this time. go wash behind your ears and for christ's sake, brush those fn teeth...and maybe ya should simply keep talking about which of ya'll shilled who and how ya'll screwed each other over. sure i paid $1170 for it, but my name isn't anywhere on the shill list. in fact, most of ya'll got shilled more than that! so one could say, i got it for free.

and who said "shillvary is dead"?

that rant truly had to be worthy of the ban, right?

it's fucking sad.

"i hold myself in contempt"

don't think I really need to post the 82 and on, but who knows w/ this group.

Last edited by begsu1013; 02-02-2016 at 06:08 AM. Reason: to switch the 80 and 81 to proper order
Old 02-02-2016, 03:24 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

but f***, let's roll out the opc while we are at it...

69 card does not exist.

72 card does not exist, other than mets team card. ehh.

Last edited by Leon; 02-02-2016 at 07:03 AM. Reason: f bomb
Old 02-02-2016, 05:17 AM

10/10 would read again
Old 02-02-2016, 06:15 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

"You know Manolo, this whole city is a giant chicken waiting to be plucked"

Tony Montana (tv edited version)

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 02-02-2016, 06:24 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:

^^^^
WHAT?? PSA graded a piece of newsprint cut out from a Sporting News? And it was bid up to $1170. WHAT??
Was the edition of Sporting News that this came from a "short print?" Did most of the issues get burnt up before hitting the newsstand?
The list of crazy in this hobby is as long as anyone can imagine but this one has to rank in the top 10.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 02-02-2016 at 06:27 AM.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:02 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by begsu1013 View Post
pluck me? no, no, no. pluck all of you!

who needs worthpoint, because maybe it was this banned idiot?

perhaps it was because he already had every possible version of his 68 card?

and maybe it was because he already had the #1, #2, #3 and #4 basic ryan sets?
Bob, your anger is misplaced. You had the #1, 2, 3 and 4 basic Ryan sets and PSA played a nasty joke on you by slabbing a picture out of a magazine that quite clearly was never meant to be cut out. You should have told PSA to go to Hell.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:11 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

dan,

back to serious mode...

i like the piece, seriously. and if ya read in the rant, it said something along the line of "i like to laugh at psa too". i completely recognize the stupidity in it and love it for that reason.

it's not a big deal at all. i am strictly basic topps set. not the master, super, spanfantablous sets in which that card "woulda" held weight.

with that "card" never in the basic set to begin w/, it never helped me in the registry.

but i do like oddball ryan stuff as well. and considering there's only 5 slabbed, i snagged it!

i simply like it.

and please don't ever take me serious. i saw an opening to have some fun, sprinkled a lil leon convo in from the other day and i ran w/ it!

all is good.

i'm smiling behind this computer screen, not fuming.

promise.

Last edited by begsu1013; 02-02-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:29 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

Quote:
...and PSA played a nasty joke on you by slabbing a picture out of a magazine that quite clearly was never meant to be cut out. You should have told PSA to go to Hell.
and quite the contrary...i have them. it was never bought as an investment piece or w/ the thought of ever reselling it.

i have one of their brain-farts in my collection and there's nothing they can do about it.

not comparing it by any means, but even kendrick likes the controversy surrounding his wagner and it certainly isn't hurting the value.

if the other 4 resurface at a decent price, i'd snag those too.

Last edited by begsu1013; 02-02-2016 at 07:31 AM.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Dan Bretta

Bob, I think all the swear words and your attempt to get Leon to ban you made me think you were upset. Nobody has to justify what they collect (unless they collect heads in their freezer like Jeffrey Dahmer). Wasn't trying to ridicule you, just pointing out the most egregious example of a cut out that I could find.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:41 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

Quote:
just pointing out the most egregious example of a cut out that I could find.
exactly. i appreciate you noting that ive got the most egregious example to date!

i was speaking in 3rd and may have even taken it to 4th person in that rant and made more fun of myself than anyone.

i mean, i was talking about marlin fishing in az. off the back of a bus w/ a cane pole!

the leon thing was from a few days prior and not quite an inside joke but almost, so ya prolly didn't get that...

we had words. i asked him to ban me. he wouldn't, which in turn actually shows me how level headed he is, which in turn re-earns my respect.

but again. no worries at all and there never were any hard feelings to begin with.

just me.

Last edited by begsu1013; 02-02-2016 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:43 AM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:
Bob, I think all the swear words and your attempt to get Leon to ban you made me think you were upset. Nobody has to justify what they collect (unless they collect heads in their freezer like Jeffrey Dahmer).
What if PSA would grade the head?
Old 02-02-2016, 07:49 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

well it would have to go straight to the "head grader", naturally.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:57 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity View Post
What if PSA would grade the head?
Game changer!
Old 02-02-2016, 08:11 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

If Ted Williams head got graded you know someone would by it . More likely they would attach a cut auto . Topps might even scoop it up and put it in relic cards !

Congratulations you just receive a game used piece of Ted Williams .
Old 02-02-2016, 08:22 AM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiemonster View Post
If Ted Williams head got graded you know someone would by it . More likely they would attach a cut auto . Topps might even scoop it up and put it in relic cards !

Well, Topps already puts hair relics in Ginter cards, so you might not actually be that far off
Old 02-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
If your comment was a response to mine, I think you miss my point. But that's my fault, not yours. I didn't provide the right context. My comment was not in reference to the OP's discovery. I didn't even pay much attention to the link, to be honest. My bigger point is that it seems like every third or fourth thread is about some sale of fake, reprint, or otherwise ridiculous cards on eBay to which most of this community would never give a second thought. I just feel like all these post have the potential to distract from the discussions of beautiful (real cards), pick-ups, history, collecting stories, deep hobby issues like shilling, etc. I just wish there was another section for eBay crap and rants. Unlikely to happen, I realize; just one person's opinion.
Even if we removed all three of your posts from this thread (yes, you came back twice after your initial visit), there would still be 39, meaning people are getting a little entertained by it. Also, you've spent 3 out of your 108 posts in this thread alone, which is over 2.5% I personally haven't spent that much time in this sort of thread and I just created one!

But I understand - I would love to have a personal coffee shop that only sold the one type of tea I like and Costa Rican French press, that allowed non-barking dogs but not babies and that you had to drop your cell-phone at the door, turn the volume off on your p.c. and you aren't allowed in at all if you are wearing musk cologne or perfume.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:25 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiemonster View Post

Please, when talking about the Splendid Splinter's head, don't use the word "scoop".
Old 02-02-2016, 09:28 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

think they would accept my pedigreed flip request? ; )

Last edited by begsu1013; 02-02-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:28 AM
Belltown Vintage

By the way - does anyone remember when Brian was hoarding copies of this book? No one understood his logic at the time.

I'm thinking he should start making wax packs out of these things and include a stick of gum.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
"You know Manolo, this whole city is a giant chicken waiting to be plucked"

Tony Montana (tv edited version)
HAHA! Edited Scarface is the best.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post

I tried a best offer on Lou Brock a few months ago for $2.00 and was turned down.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:33 PM
Derek Granger

Here's a thread I started in 2013 about the Nolan Ryan Sporting News cut-outs graded by PSA...sorry Bob!

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...+sporting+news

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)

Last edited by h2oya311; 02-02-2016 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Eric Perry

Leaving aside the discussion regarding what should (and should not) be graded, I offer the following generally valid maxim, which has served me quite well:

Buy what you like and like what you buy. Leave the rest for everyone else.

Best regards and happy collecting, no matter what it is you collect.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra