NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default A few board policies - BST, PMs.....

We don't have too many enforced rules on this board. But a few situations are starting to chap me a little bit. When you are selling on the BST and your item(s) are no longer for sale, for whatever reason, don't delete everything out. Just put "sold", "not for sale anymore" or whatever. But if you delete everything out, which is against the rules, please expect an infraction the first time and a suspension the second time. I am tired of reminding many of our long time members.

Also, every single day I get multiple PMs that are NOT supposed to come to me. When you get an email telling you you have a PM, DON'T respond to that email. Go to the PM on the board and respond to it there. If you happen to be able to read, and comprehend, it says 2x in the email to NOT REPLY to it. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:55 AM
Jeff

I agree 100%. Delete the price but leave the photo, it's cool to know what people are buying!
Jeff

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 01-07-2017, 08:57 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb217676 View Post
I agree 100%. Delete the price but leave the photo, it's cool to know what people are buying!
Jeff
I think it's also preferable to leave the price sold, as there is a public record of most auction sales, but I know people feel differently on this.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 01-07-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:24 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb217676 View Post
Jeff
If everyone deleted everything it would look like a piece of poop in those BST areas and also it wouldn't be as interesting. I think our members like to see stuff .... And many times a deal/trade can get made from something being seen even if it is not still currently live. How many times have we seen something over there, already closed, that we have inquired about anyway? I think it happens frequently.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:30 AM

Pretty simple stuff, Leon, and sorry you have to deal with it so frequently.

I also agree that listing the sold price on a BST item helps to create a good resource.

To your list of BST policies I would remind folks that if you agree to purchase an item, you are obligated to do so. I had someone agree to purchase a Hindu-backed Southern Leaguer on 12/25, and he has not paid, nor will he answer my email inquiries. Fortunately the card was never sent.

Cheers to all,
Mike
Old 01-07-2017, 09:40 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I am sorry that happened, Mike. If someone makes a commitment they should stick to it. If something happens, as things tend to do, communicate about it. The worst thing, next to outright theft, is not following through and not communicating. I hope all of our members will let me, or another moderator, know of deals like this one where a member doesn't live up to his/her? side of the deal and/or just goes off in radio silence. Those members will no longer be able to participate on the BST. It only works if I or another moderator knows though.

And this isn't necessarily being thrown your way Mike, but you know as well as I do, that if someone does it once there is a good chance they have done, or are doing it, somewhere else too. We don't need those types on our BST. (unless someone wants to convince us otherwise).

Hope all is grand your way, my friend. Pretty sure this Year is going to be a good National. Hope to see everyone there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Peich View Post

I also agree that listing the sold price on a BST item helps to create a good resource.

To your list of BST policies I would remind folks that if you agree to purchase an item, you are obligated to do so. I had someone agree to purchase a Hindu-backed Southern Leaguer on 12/25, and he has not paid, nor will he answer my email inquiries. Fortunately the card was never sent.

Cheers to all,
Mike
Old 01-07-2017, 09:40 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

I'll also add that occasionally you might find something in the old threads to indicate a specific card card actually exists. Just yesterday I was going through some old posts from about 2005/2006 and found an e92 Bergen with a blue crofts for sale. I had previously not had this as a confirmed combination.

DJ
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 01-07-2017, 09:57 AM
Kyle May

How do you change the title of a thread? Or is changing a title to sold, even while keeping everything in the thread untouched, against the rules?

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 01-07-2017, 10:14 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
How do you change the title of a thread? Or is changing a title to sold, even while keeping everything in the thread untouched, against the rules?
Changing a title is fine. You do that by hitting the edit tab and then hitting the go advanced tab in the lower right of the post area.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Peich View Post

Cheers to all,
Mike
I have had something similar happen twice. I just let it go and a few months later left a smart a$$ comment when quoting one of their posts. The first time it happened the cards in question showed up at my house a few days later. The last time it happened the person instantly sent me an email with a very reasonable offer to complete the deal, by then they had made my do not do transactions with list.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:46 AM

Default A few board policies - BST, PMs.....

I'll second the notion that it'd be interesting if people chose to keep the prices (at least the initial list price). Many listings seem to tend to be finalized via PM anyways.

But I certainly don't begrudge those who remove them by default.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by mattjc1983; 01-07-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:10 PM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjc1983 View Post
I'll second the notion that it'd be interesting if people chose to keep the prices (at least the initial list price). Many listings seem to tend to be finalized via PM anyways.

But I certainly don't begrudge those who remove them by default.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like a good idea and a great resource for current market prices.

Then again you still have at least one seller who post items without a price and all he does is entertain offers without any obligation to sell. Then he picks and chooses who he responds to based in what he deems is the market price. Just using the Net54 resources for his gain.. he is a smart person I've heard.

Last edited by BeanTown; 01-07-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:18 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post

Then again you still have at least one seller who post items without a price and all he does is entertain offers without any obligation to sell. Then he picks and chooses who he responds to based in what he deems is the market price. Just using the Net54 resources for his gain.. he is a smart person I've heard.
LOL if it is the same guy I am thinking of I am not sure a 52 Topps Mantle would get his 1990 Donruss common even up. If you are talking strictly a seller then I also know who but it is a different person.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:35 PM
Fred

Personally, I like to see the sale price left in the page but I guess there's a good reason that people delete this information. It's nice to see historical pricing information.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:58 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post

Are you implying that it's bad business not to list prices? My favorites are the ones who post no photos. It let's you use your imagination. And no photos no prices is the BEST.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 01-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Are you implying that it's bad business not to list prices? My favorites are the ones who post no photos. It let's you use your imagination. And no photos no prices is the BEST.
Totally. I remember a no price, no photo, no grade post, and then the seller followed up with a "can't believe there's no interest" type of post. Comedy.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:28 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
If you happen to be able to read, and comprehend, it says 2x in the email to NOT REPLY to it.
"I can explain it to you, but I can't comprehend it for you." - Ed Koch
Old 01-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
"I can explain it to you, but I can't comprehend it for you." - Ed Koch
That is a great saying, if I was a lot braver I would tell my wife that.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:17 AM
H Murphy

Default B s t

How about 20+ selling threads on the same B S T page .
Old 01-08-2017, 07:21 AM
Paul Herbener

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUM301 View Post
How about 20+ selling threads on the same B S T page .
I just posted about that over there!!... And bumped mine...
Old 01-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pherbener View Post
I just posted about that over there!!... And bumped mine...
Actually it was 25 threads BBB started in the BST Auction venue section because I just deleted every one of them. He is now suspended from the BST too. You guys need to let me know about crazy stuff like that. thanks
Old 01-08-2017, 07:50 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
Totally. I remember a no price, no photo, no grade post, and then the seller followed up with a "can't believe there's no interest" type of post. Comedy.
You also get the guys that are 'now taking offers', then are offended at the offers.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:42 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
You also get the guys that are 'now taking offers', then are offended at the offers.
oooh, good call. I don't think anyone could insult me with an offer. It's not an emotional situation.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 01-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
oooh, good call. I don't think anyone could insult me with an offer. It's not an emotional situation.
I can see both points of view. I have seen someone say they are taking offers on a 5 figure card and also say, please don't lowball me, or something like, "lowball offers will get no response". However someone wants to sell is up to them.

I guess a few other things are worth mentioning while we are here too (not aimed at you, Scott). If anyone posts 20+ threads, in a single day in one of the BST forums, expect some flack and pushback. There won't be rules to ensure common sense. Those issues will be taken as one offs.

I had a member tell me he didn't think he had made a deal on a $50 BST transaction, yesterday, when he told the other party "Let's do it". I asked him to help me understand how that wasn't a commitment?
That being said he didn't respond to multiple attempts by the other party to get ahold of him to consummate the deal afterwards. When I asked him about it 5 days after he said "Let's do it" (yesterday) he said it wasn't a big deal and big whoopdi-do. I let him know it is a big whoopdi-do, on this board, when you blow someone off on completing a deal OR AT LEAST communicating about it after it was done. He went onto tell me he has done over 100 deals on the board and all were great. I basically said "great, but why did you blow this other guy off on this deal?" After some more excuses and squirming the guy thought the other guy was wrong and I was wrong. I said thanks. Suffice it to say he is on a short leash. The whole thing reminded me of any issue where someone is blamed for something and their immediate response is "you can't prove it".....nuff said.

ps...after brief communications BBB is back on the BST, 25 of his 26 threads not so much

Last edited by Leon; 01-08-2017 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

I tried selling a few items on the BST but got frustrated dealing with other sellers who bumped their listing almost every day. My listings would quickly get pushed down.

I also, think that the BST posts should not be a place for a conversation which will bump the listing to the top every time someone responds. If you want to have a conversation, then start a post outside of the BST.

"Hey Beautiful card". bump
"Thanks" bump
"Your Welcome" bump
"I've never seen one like this before" bump
"Nice weather today" bump
"Yeah" bump

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 01-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Jay Cee

[QUOTE=Leon;1618371]I can see both points of view. I have seen someone say they are taking offers on a 5 figure card and also say, please don't lowball me, or something like, "lowball offers will get no response". However someone wants to sell is up to them.

What's funny is an offer for over twice what the card sold for in 2008 in Heritage was deemed lowball (lack of no response) which is 100 percent profit. I would think some kind of response would be warranted.

Another great success story is too sell a five figure card by taking private offers and the highest offer is 10-15K higher than the second highest offer. I guess in that case it's best to not post the price publically.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Luke Lyon

I agree with all this.

My biggest frustration is this: The vast majority of people on here are courteous, but there are a handful that use the BST as their personal ebay museum. I don't really know what can be done about it. If a person is bumping their ridiculously priced item every 3 days, they are technically within the rules, even if they are being incredibly tone-deaf and rude to everyone else who is using the BST in a courteous manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
I tried selling a few items on the BST but got frustrated dealing with other sellers who bumped their listing almost every day. My listings would quickly get pushed down.

I also, think that the BST posts should not be a place for a conversation which will bump the listing to the top every time someone responds. If you want to have a conversation, then start a post outside of the BST.

"Hey Beautiful card". bump
"Thanks" bump
"Your Welcome" bump
"I've never seen one like this before" bump
"Nice weather today" bump
"Yeah" bump
Old 01-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I agree with all this.

My biggest frustration is this: The vast majority of people on here are courteous, but there are a handful that use the BST as their personal ebay museum. I don't really know what can be done about it. If a person is bumping their ridiculously priced item every 3 days, they are technically within the rules, even if they are being incredibly tone-deaf and rude to everyone else who is using the BST in a courteous manner.
I think it also hurts the listing with the longer the card is on the market. People start looking at it like a red headed step child. Not all bumps and price reductions are good. I don't think I've ever personally bought something that had more than 2 post on it other than a currency I just got which had a question to what year it was.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:40 PM
seablaster@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
My biggest frustration is this: The vast majority of people on here are courteous, but there are a handful that use the BST as their personal ebay museum.
What he said.

You gotta wonder if some of these guys have made a sale...ever.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default ebay

Don't put eBay spam in the main bst categories. There is a separate section for eBay items. This seems to happen lot.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.