NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Kev1n @1les

Default General Question about Set Buying on Ebay

I have been buying and building sets for the past couple of years. I have 63-85, 58-60. My two favorites are my '67 that I painstakingly built card by card and my '59. I got the '59 for $1250 as a BIN Best Offer. Most of the superstars were in rough shape and I have upgraded 129 cards in either PSA 6 or 7.

Anyway, the questions are these - I get my bonus next month and have permission from my wife to buy '61, 62, and '57. Many of the sets that I have bought in the past are from libdirect. He has not posted anything for 9-10 months. The last round of sets that he posted went relatively cheap and I am guessing that he didn't make any profit - therefore stopped. The sets I bought from him tended to be mid-grade and I had a few cards to upgrade, but I was happy with the product that he provided.

I have saved searches for sets from these three years and it does not seem like there is a ton of value out there. I plan on going to the national in Cleveland this year. If I can't find them on Ebay prior to that, I am hoping that I can find something at the national.

Most of the sets that are posted from from Dean's cards. It seems that his prices are exponentially more than most of the BIN offers. Low grade 61's that go for 4-5k, for example. I see these same sets relisted by him over and over, so it doesn't seem that anything is selling. I looked at his feedback and he sells singles pretty regularly and the feedback is outstanding. Has anyone bought from Dean's? Am I missing something on his prices? Does he just grade tougher than most, so his 3's are everyone else's 6's? However, when I see a graded card listed by him it is usually 2x the SMR price.

Thanks for any feedback - If anyone has any leads on midgrade sets of 61/62/57 in mid-march (the 14th is bonus day!), please let me know. I will post a WTB on the buy sell trade section.

Thanks
Kevin