NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-22-2007, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Default I've always wanted to do this

Posted By: Rich Klein

And now that I've got extra time on my hands -- I would like to do an oral history of the hobby == perhaps put this project into a book or a set of stories. But I've always wanted to do this -- and I obviously need your help in this.

Anyone interested in either doing an email chat or phone chat -- please contact me at Sabrgeek@aol.com and we'll set this up to your convenience

Regards
Rich

Old 06-22-2007, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Rich- feel free to call me when you are able. I'd be happy to chat. Hope you are keeping busy. Barry

Old 06-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Mohler

That sounds like a great idea to me. Herman Herst did kind of the same thing with the stamp hobby a number of years ago. I really enjoyed his book "Nassau Street". Jeff

Note: I have only been in the hobby two or three years, so I wouldn't have much to contribute.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

Rich -

You should try to interview Lionel Carter !!!

Alan

Old 06-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter chao

Also, Mark Macrae, who's a member of this forum would be a good interview. He's got a baseball card show this Sat., 6/23/07 in San Leandro, CA in a church. He's been in the hobby a while and is well-respected.

Peter

Old 06-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Administrator

And am looking for more -- and I want to stress that this is a HAPPY project. Designed to be like a Loose Balls or the Nassau Street book mentioned (I used to read Pat Hearst's material in my dad's stamp wholesaler)

I'll also be in Cleveland and will talk to people to make arrangements there for further contacts in case someone does not lurk -- or know about this board.

Frankly, other than my work for the Almanac all these years -- I'm more excited about seeing where this goes than any of you can all imagine

Regards
Rich

Old 05-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Administrator

1) The really good news is that an old friend of mine will publish this work on-line; we'll figure out all the details later -- but if you have already contributed -- I have your contribution saved and there is no need to respond again.

2) However, if you would like to particpate in this on round 2 -- please let me know and I'll send you a list of questions, and add as much detail as you can

3) If interested, please send an email to Sabrgeek@aol.com and I'll respond shortly

4) If I don't respond in the next couple of days, that is because I'm getting new carpeting tomorrow -- and with my skills at putting back electronic equipment -- it may take the Geek Squad to get me back on line

Looking forward to hearing from friends past and present

Regards
Rich Klein

Old 05-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

congratulations on the new carpet

good luck with the project

Old 05-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Leon has a very nice Hobby Publication lot from me (Self Promotion for both of us -- LOL) in his upcoming auction. OK, we got the double self-serving promotion out of the way -- but getting back to the point

I'm now full speed ahead on this -- (Barry I still owe you a phone call) -- and let's all make this something that the hobby will enjoy.

Regards
Rich

Old 05-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

I'm still wondering about that phone call.