NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Ebay, Auction and other Venues Announcement- B/S/T

Old 04-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Rich Klein

Default Beckett is back in the Auction Services field

I could not think of a better place to put this

I received an email from Bill Sutherland, who is heading up the return of Beckett Auction services that not only is their new auction starting in a week, but also there will be drawing among all registered bidders for an authentic Michael Jordan autograph.

Bill was nice enough to set up at the non-profit show I ran last month and left us several hundred BCCG cards which we will be using as admission freebies at our next show on August 31.

MJ is still THE Name in Basketball, as I set up at a toy and memorabilia show and the only serious card customers I saw were all interested in MJ and the 1990's Bulls.

Regards
Rich
Old 04-07-2014, 05:00 PM

Isn't it a small conflict of interest to sell your own graded cards?
Old 04-07-2014, 07:07 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

With the name presence in the hobby you would think they would take the time to get a better selection of items for their first auction. With over half of the items in the auction in the MMA category there isn't much to look at in this auction.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:59 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
I would think so. Then again, I thought it was a conflict of interest for Steve Hart to authenticate his own wax packs through PSA and then sell them, but others disagreed.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
Not a conflict of interest at all. They showed what kind of company they are when they graded and sold the Strasburg card a few years ago. Got to keep up with PSA in the reputation department.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:11 PM
Rob G.

how does Beckett get to own these cards? Do they buy them raw, then grade them themselves? Or do they buy them after grading submitted cards from customers?
Old 04-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

I started distrusting Beckett when they got in the grading business. Now they are selling cards.
Set the price, set the grade, and sell the card. I'll pass.
Not that they care, but they lost my business years ago.
Brent I ngr@m

Conflict of interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk