NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-11-2018, 07:48 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
There is a big difference to me. When Sean got the infraction I actually told him to do a PM next time. Pm's are different than public posts in a thread on this forum. Mods (and other members) don't see PMs and they aren't any of our business. However, there is a rule against interfering in a BST sale publicly. It is enforced.
So interfering privately is acceptable? To me, interference is interference...publically or privately. That's just me though.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:50 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
So interfering privately is acceptable? To me, interference is interference...publically or privately. That's just me though.
I am not saying interfering privately is good. It's just not something I worry about as moderator.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:45 AM
Jason S!m@nds

"PM sent" is meaningless to me. I've had buyers write "PM sent" on my BST posts then send me a PM with a low-ball offer. You can't stall a sale with "PM sent" then try to haggle. I find that to be interference as well.

If Sean had wrote, "I'll give you $80 for the vending lot" would that still be interference? A seller has the right to field offers. You shouldn't handcuff a BST post with "PM sent" without making your offer public.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:12 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
"PM sent" is meaningless to me. I've had buyers write "PM sent" on my BST posts then send me a PM with a low-ball offer. You can't stall a sale with "PM sent" then try to haggle. I find that to be interference as well.

If Sean had wrote, "I'll give you $80 for the vending lot" would that still be interference? A seller has the right to field offers. You shouldn't handcuff a BST post with "PM sent" without making your offer public.
Agreed....PM sent could mean anything....
Old 09-12-2018, 05:44 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
If Sean (or anyone, obviously) put that in there BEFORE there was an indication of an 'I will take it' type response from a buyer, or a 'sold' notification from the seller, then no. If he did that AFTER such an indication, then yes. (IMO)

ANYTHING done via PM is private. And personally, I don't care what you call it (help, interference, love, hate, whatever) and it could be situationally different. It is really on the BUYER as to how he responds to it.

And PM sent means only PM sent. To be honest, I've always interpreted it to be an extra notification to the seller that the person who sent it just wanted to make sure they checked, and/or as placeholder in case the sellers inbox was full.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:08 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

I'll take it > everything and anything else

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 09-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Jonathan Sterling

So which is it Interfering is wrong or it's ok if your buddy Sean dose it because he was "just trying to help".
If it was a pricing mistake then Buyer and Seller will work it out. Not OK to interfere.
Not OK to post on someone's BST that I will give you twice your asking price, That is clear interferance. Not OK to interfere.
If the OP received a PM or email saying I will take it then According to BST rules as I understand them he owns it. Not OK to send a private email or message saying you will pay more, that is interferance. NOT OK TO INTERFERE.
That is all I am trying to say and it is just my opinion and also law of the land part of the Uniform Commercial Code as pointed out by lawyer in previous thread.
Notice that I did not state my opinion under someone else's BST post because.... maybe you get it maybe you dont.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:43 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post

So which is it Interfering is wrong or it's ok if your buddy Sean dose it because he was "just trying to help".
If it was a pricing mistake then Buyer and Seller will work it out. Not OK to interfere.
Not OK to post on someone's BST that I will give you twice your asking price, That is clear interferance. Not OK to interfere.
If the OP received a PM or email saying I will take it then According to BST rules as I understand them he owns it. Not OK to send a private email or message saying you will pay more, that is interferance. NOT OK TO INTERFERE.
That is all I am trying to say and it is just my opinion and also law of the land part of the Uniform Commercial Code as pointed out by lawyer in previous thread.
Notice that I did not state my opinion under someone else's BST post because.... maybe you get it maybe you dont.
Unless you respond in the post “I will take this” the item is still fair game for offers. “PM sent” is meaningless.

No one can call dibs on negotiating on an item. If you walk into a store, that’s one thing. If you post on a public forum, the public is allowed to make offers until the item is sold.

Last edited by jhs5120; 09-11-2018 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:33 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Stop with the PM means nothing. if someone wants the item rules say send or post a message saying I will take it.
It is not ok to send or post a message saying I will pay twice what you are asking. That is interferance. And Interfering is not OK.
If a seller posts an item with "taking offers" then ok to field offers. If he posts an item with a price then just like Ebay when you press "Buy it now" button When someone says I will take it they own it at that price.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:38 PM
Steven

Quote:
Stop with the PM means nothing. if someone wants the item rules say send or post a message saying I will take it.
It is not ok to send or post a message saying I will pay twice what you are asking. That is interferance. And Interfering is not OK.
If a seller posts an item with "taking offers" then ok to field offers. If he posts an item with a price then just like Ebay when you press "Buy it now" button When someone says I will take it they own it at that price.
Really? Until that post says "SOLD" , "I'll take it"or "SALE PENDING" its all fair game. If I was buying something for a fraction of the value I would post "I'll take it" immediately just to avoid the negotiation and someone else snagging it. Why cant I offer double? I can offer double on eBay, just not as a BIN.

S Suckow
Old 09-11-2018, 12:35 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
I personally don't think what Sean did was interfering. The BST rules say, "favorable comments are generally permitted by third parties." It was a favorable comment to the seller.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:36 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Let me rephrase...if I'm selling a card, and a member says "PM Sent" on a card, that could mean ANYTHING.....it could mean, I will take it at your asking price, or it could mean, I will offer you half of what you are asking. Take your pick.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:50 PM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Let me rephrase...if I'm selling a card, and a member says "PM Sent" on a card, that could mean ANYTHING.....it could mean, I will take it at your asking price, or it could mean, I will offer you half of what you are asking. Take your pick.
Agreed. For me, I will put a "PM sent" simply because I want the seller to know that I've sent you a message, and I hope they will see it.

I just completed a transaction in the last week on the BST. I was willing to pay the full price, but living in Canada, I realize that is a problem for some. I wanted to make it straightforward and as simple as I could for options and pricing on shipping, all for the seller.

I would have put "I'll take it", but if I do so, and the shipping becomes a problem, it's not fair to the seller. If everyone else thinks it's been sold, but seller won't ship to me, it becomes an issue for that seller to have an "I'll take it" on the thread.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:48 PM
Jonathan Sterling

last post on this thread
"his comments were favorable to seller" But not to the buyer. Interfering is not OK

PM means nothing ..Ok Then nothing stops him from sending PM and saying I will take it. BUT That's not what he did he posted interference. Interfering is not OK

I can offer double on Ebay, just not on a BIN. Seller posting an item for sale with a price listed on BST is just like a BIN. All you need to do is say I will take it. Saying you will pay double on BST is exactly like sending a note to Ebay seller who just sold am item and offering double. Interfering is not OK

Find the thread where a guy posted a deal he got on Ebay here and his friend sent note to seller "Just to help Seller" offering him more. Seller cancels sale guy not only loses out on deal but a friendship. Interferance is not ok. If you disagree ,free country Your choice go ahead. But there will always be a consequence. Someone will be hurt.